Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

it really does work but you have to have the perfect conditions and you have to be extremely lucky

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    As in 3000 per bullet meaning 3000 x 3 = 9000 per button push? lol what are you smoking
    I just did a bit of math and got the following:

Not a critical hit = around 1512 per bullet
    Critical = around 2268 per bullet

I ran all this with a male beast with a 10/10 9* GRM card, LPC, lvl 21 buffs, ATP+ lvl2, Full Custom Power lvl2, and Elemental Weapon. If there is something I am missing let me know I cant think of anything.

EDIT: I did the math with the stats of a lvl 110 Kakwane and messed up by using the stats of a lvl 40 bullet. (I thought that WT had lvl 30 shots already and could raise them to 40 with the GAS) I am too lazy to go back and change it now but it still proves that adios is right.

EDIT #2: Even if I am wrong here you said that you have to be very lucky to hit that much meaning it does not happen all the time so there is no point in saying oh I hit 9k with one press of the X button.
    Last edited by Midori Oku; Oct 20, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    I just did a bit of math and got the following:

Not a critical hit = around 1512 per bullet
    Critical = around 2268 per bullet

I ran all this with a male beast with a 10/10 9* GRM card, LPC, lvl 21 buffs, ATP+ lvl2, Full Custom Power lvl2, and Elemental Weapon. If there is something I am missing let me know I cant think of anything.

EDIT: I did the math with the stats of a lvl 110 Kakwane and messed up by using the stats of a lvl 40 bullet. (I thought that WT had lvl 30 shots already and could raise them to 40 with the GAS) I am too lazy to go back and change it now but it still proves that adios is right.

EDIT #2: Even if I am wrong here you said that you have to be very lucky to hit that much meaning it does not happen all the time so there is no point in saying oh I hit 9k with one press of the X button.
    What if you are in a party with level 5 buffs? that should increase damage by 8% or more

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    What if you are in a party with level 5 buffs? that should increase damage by 8% or more
    yeah lvl 5 buffs will def give you 1,400 more damage per shot

I wish cards hit that hard, they don't - stop telling lies.

My Acrotecher has L22 cards, and approximately 550 less ATP but L41+ Shifta, she hits an average of 1050 with FCP Lv2, Elemental Weapon, STR+2, LPC, Armas and a 10/10 Kaza-Kikami. There is no way in hell that 550 ATP + a few more levels of cards is going to make nearly +2000 damage. Test subjects were L155 Go-Bajilla in Lightning Beasts.
    Last edited by bloodflowers; Oct 20, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Pardon my brain fart. I had a 102 degree fever when I typed that. Been out 2 days so i couldn't correct myself. I often compare bullets to skills in 3 triggers since a lot of PA's do it that way. i got confused with the #'s in my head. What I really meant to say is that a Card has 3 bullets, therefore you can actually hit 9K to 10K whe hitting the trigger 3 times, not once like I said before. My apologies for this confusion.

PS I have megistar, but I still prefer lvl 3 buffs on my wands. I usually play solo, so my lowly buffs don't bother anybody .

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    yeah lvl 5 buffs will def give you 1,400 more damage per shot
    "Critical = around 2268 per bullet" I was thinking that this could go to 2800 on a crit, which is close enough to 3000 to excuse the mistake. (triple critical)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    I wish cards hit that hard, they don't - stop telling lies.

My Acrotecher has L22 cards, and approximately 550 less ATP but L41+ Shifta, she hits an average of 1050 with FCP Lv2, Elemental Weapon, STR+2, LPC, Armas and a 10/10 Kaza-Kikami. There is no way in hell that 550 ATP + a few more levels of cards is going to make nearly +2000 damage. Test subjects were L155 Go-Bajilla in Lightning Beasts.
    What level is your AT?
    Last edited by SolomonGrundy; Oct 21, 2010 at 01:59 PM.

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    "Critical = around 2268 per bullet" I was thinking that this could go to 2800 on a crit, which is close enough to 3000 to excuse the mistake. (triple critical)

What level is your AT?
    No an 8% increase would only bring that up to 2449. And his Acrotecher is lvl 180

I have talked about this in another thread, but as I guess this would be the correct place to do it, I'll repeat myself.

I've seen the guide and, even not agreeing about everything (as it's normal), it seems complete. I play my WT as what I believe a WT should be: a magical swordsman. I don't like support, so my support s bassically a madoog with Megistar and Giresta, and even going on a female beast, I find myself using striking techs fairly often. In the guide is said stuff like "if you gtta hit an enemy, why not majarra?" or "if you're at close range, just melee". I guess I do it for comfort, as I really feel like I'm playing it wrong when I don't pop out a wand and throw some fireballs. I have my PAs and weapons very well thoughs, so my questions are fro armors, units and other stuff.

My original idea before going to JP server was to get a set of Orakios, and use a har/smart, red/knight, a bunch of resists or rainbow units and a PP generate. but when I got into JP server I found that wander called Shijin and Ohryu, and I just decided that my long-term goal in this server would be to get a set of this armor and the unit. For the extra and body units I was going to do the same than before: resists and a vijeri/rainbow for body and a hize/PP generate for the extra, as I don't like most of the auras and stuff they have there.

The thingy is now the arms unit. Of course, a red/knight would be the best option, probably, specially paired with the ATP bonus of the armor set and the maxed ATP GAM bonus, but that unit is tricky to get (I got it in EU server by chance in a random run I did of the rare mission, without the intention to farm it). My second option would be a Lumirus/kaos Knight, but, being a female beast that unit might make me miss more than if I was blind aiming at a black guy into a dark cave painted in black (duh). if I get the ATA bonus instead of the ATP, I could solve part of the problem, but still, I'd rather max the ATP as I'd get a crapload ot ATP.

Third option would be the Vijerina/power, that would be the middle term: not as strong as LKK, but doesn't crap my ATA to death, not ATA bonus as R/K, but stronger and easier to get.

So, what would you do? Is it viable to use an LKK in a female beast WT, at least in higher levels, despite of the major loss of ATA? or maybe it would work with a combination between ATP and ATA bonuses? (note that I also plan on maxing TP for my techs); or should I just get the damn Vijerina/Power and shut up? :P
    Last edited by Darki; Oct 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

i personally use the lumirus/power chrg. purely because it makes me feel better knowing that im currently sqeezing out every last bit of damage i possibly can.

but lkk is a good choice at higher levels because accuracy is not a problem, but id avoid taking it into gams, especially as a beast because you have nearly no accuracy at all

vijerna/ power is decent because it doesnt take anything away but it doesnt do anything near lkk and lpc

cati/skill pp save i kinda like actually because you can just spam pas and not worry about running out of charge