Default Trouble with Bag Degga.

you know those annoying things that charge at you every 5 seconds so i go fall over and by the time ive gotten it back up, they're either shocking you or ramming you up the backside (no bad ideas here, guys.)? Well I'm having problems with the ones on the last chapter, as soon as I dive in, I paralyzed, and can not move or heal and I am dead before can even get moving again! So frustrating! Any tip on how to beat them? </3 I haven't played a phantasy star game in a while so i'm still not quite there, lol.

Get a Stun/Resist, and learn their patterns so you can dodge-roll your ass off. That's how I kill them, at least.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Stun resist will definately save you hide here. It won't make you immune form getting charged, but it'll help you pop that mate you need to keep going on. You can get it 3 ways:

-a random box/enemy drop
    -title reward
    -level 10 Force ability

Also, for these things, I usually block the charge with a shield/2 handed wep if I'm unfortunate enough to be facing them on a charge. Normally, I prefer to strafe around them, shooting their backside with some earth element twin handguns. Watch out for its AoE attack tho; that one stuns too.

Try to move in such a way that the NPCs are always between you and the Bag Degga that you're not targetting; at the very least, their shrieks of pain will tell you you need to dodge an incoming charge. Also try to keep both of them as far from each other as possible.

And, something interesting to note (If you're a Force), RAdiga can damage them from any angle, and I think Nosdiga can as well (not sure, but I think I remember knocking down a Bag Degga from the front while it was charging with that tech). If you have a clear shot at their backs, fire a diga at them to keep them on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Thank you both! Do you know which title I need to get the stun resist?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

You might not want to get it from the title, since the title that gives it is "spiritos slayer", which requires you to kill Olga Spiritus 5 times. You're better off hunting it from a monster or, worst case scenario, if by some really horribly unfortunate event the game absolutely refuses to drop A-rank units, you could level up Force to 10...But that'll be SLOW...SO VERY SLOW. Bottom line; hunt it.

EDIT: Hunting it from the sinow gold in flowery pursuit is most likely the only alternative you have, currently. But, you can always luck out like I did and get it from a random box in a B-rank mission.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; Oct 18, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Alright, I think that sounds best!

Thanks again. :')

Chapter 7 Act 1 on normal difficulty has one box that drops Stun / Resist easily. That box is behind the password-locked door.

I've been using the PP for dodge reduction plus 10% damage reduction from early in the VAnguard tree to deal with them. That and some good twin guns/spear use. I use range and speed to keep them at bay. Gets tricky when I get pined by 2 (that sucks!), but if the NPCs are on melee it sometimes distracts them.
    ...is a dirty old man and grown up SEGA kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TsubasaJ View Post
    I've been using the PP for dodge reduction plus 10% damage reduction from early in the VAnguard tree to deal with them. That and some good twin guns/spear use. I use range and speed to keep them at bay. Gets tricky when I get pined by 2 (that sucks!), but if the NPCs are on melee it sometimes distracts them.
    Ahh I forgot about the PP dodge reduction thing, that's a good idea.