Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I need advice for a 3 player cmode run

Me and some friends are planning on doing a 3 player cmode online because we can't really find a dependable 4th player. We need advice as to what classes we should use for just 3 people. We are not doing a time attack, we just want to play it through at a decent pace.

The catch is, my friend is absolutely stuck on playing a HUmar... but the 2 other slots are free for ideas. Is it possible for us to just power our way through with just 1 HUmar and 2 HUcasts or are we really going to need a force?

PSO Assassin

i assume all of you are new to challenge?
    usually i'd suggest HUcast, HUcaseal and FOnewearl for a team of 3 players, but you should be fine with HUcast, HUmar and FOnewearl as well.
    The HUcast is obviously the strongest character and has instant access to the best saber-type weapons, but if you're beginners, you may end up getting hit a lot and consuming a lot of mates. That's where the HUcaseal/HUmar get important. They have early access to guns (compared to HUcast or HUnewearl) and can still do a lot of damage in ranged combat (compared to rangers), thus the HUmar can save up mates because he won't get hit as often.
    The FOnewearl is the strongest force for challenge and can easily kill the harder enemies (Guil Sharks, Nano Dragons, Sinows, delsaber, etc.) and resta can be very important, that's why i'd recommad a FO over a 2nd HUcast..

if you have problems with some of the harder stages (chapter 6 can be really aweful), you can still try to find a 4th player in the challenge lobby (on PSOBB) or ask arround in lobby 1 (on PSO GC)
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Thank you for your advice. I played up to C6 on gamecube years ago and my two friends are pretty much new to cmode like you assumed. My main concern was keeping the FOnewearl alive during boss fights, but that is why all the HP mats should go to her. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to scout out a 4P either.

Having a HUmar isn't bad per se; the HUmar can always be the secondary healer in a HUCast/HUmar/FOnewearl matchup. You're very likely to find more than one resta disk in the later levels of Challenge.

I might be wrong about this, but I think between the 3 classes, only the HUmar is going to be able to equip the handgun to unlock the door in C2.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy21 View Post
    I might be wrong about this, but I think between the 3 classes, only the HUmar is going to be able to equip the handgun to unlock the door in C2.
    You're right about this one; IIRC, unless the HUcast killed everything in the rooms before, I doubt he'll have the required ATA for the handgun. Then again, even getting all the EXP might still have him 1-2 points shy of equipping that handgun.

3 classes
    Are you playing PSO ver. 2?

If PSO BB, I could probably help.

We are on BB. Our HUmar is having some personal issues or something, so we are just 2 people. We were considering recording the run as a Let's Play, however, the idea kinda died before we even begun... We would like to finally be able to beat cmode though.

We are on BB. Our HUmar is having some personal issues or something, so we are just 2 people. We were considering recording the run as a Let's Play, however, the idea kinda died before we even begun... We would like to finally be able to beat cmode though.
    Oh I misread what you said. Sorry.

In that case, the HUmar has to be part of the team; HUcast will never be able to use the Handgun unless an /Arm unit drops - you could try playing luck with this but you won't succeed for the most part.