Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newman hunter!?

Default Newman hunter!?

So, i decided to challenge myself a little bit by playing as a Newman hunter, but i was wondering if i'm using the right equipment for this character.
    Currently my setup is:

Simperheve
    Newman Hunter
    Job level 10

Caliburn(Sword) - 30% Fire
    Ice sword Mil(Sword) - 56% Light - Freeze lvl 3
    Mugungric(Spear) - 7% Ice
    Aksuc(Axe) - 21% Fire
    Amore Rose(Whip) - 26% Fire - Taunt lvl 3
    Psychic Sheild(Sheild) - 38% Dark (But i have Artemis, just can't use it yet)
    Papillon Ciel(Wand) - 43% Ice - Empow. Healing

its not really about being right, but i would like to know ur charas lv and armour its using?
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

Newman hunter =/ low level gear is low level gear.

Stick with a decent saber and shield. A spear is good DPS. Twin Sabers also are recommended. Use high level shield-weaves of the right element.

I guess on a Newman you can take advantage of the high accuracy and use twin handguns to build combos.

Tell me how it goes ~

Currently i'm lvl 70, and i'm using Rabol Orpad - 11% Earth

armour means alot in this game also armour with all elements is a must for bosses thw T sabers as Dana says would be good too
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

Alright, i just took off one of my Swords to equip some Twin swords. Also, is anyone online at the minute? I wanna give them a whirl online.

Err... Is it really a challenge? I've been playing through the game so far as a Newman Hunter... Started as a force but was getting oneshot by the bosses and the low ranking spells sucked so I switched to hunter at level 8ish and am now level 70 and it's been working fine. I might go back to force after I get rank 10+ of all the spells, but the combo system seems really annoying with techs, specially with not having the fast casting module from PSU.

Looking at your equips, I see that either your wand or your whip isn't equipped with another wep. I'd fix that.

The Hunter class is pretty easy to play in general, so it really is not that difficult for a Newman to use. The main thing you should focus on is less the weapons and more the style you want to use.

If you find yourself taking too much damage, switch to skills with knock down, launch, or knock back (Spiral Dance, Rising Crush, etc.). If you find yourself having an easy time, stick to skills that deal incredible damage and leave you open to attack (Dus Scad, Blade Destruction, etc.).

Weapon choice is less important, as long as the weapon has an attack you find useful. However, swords do lack the luster of any other weapon choice, so you may wish to shy away from those in favor of literally anything else. That is unless the sword has a nice status effect (like Magashi's instant death level 3 sword).

You may want to have a gun, as the others have suggested. And you will find your tech damage lacking in the long run as this class, so you will probably just want to stick to support.

Personally, I would go for twin sabers, rifles, and rods as my first priority on weapons. And stick to Tenora armor to make up for the lower DEF and accent the higher EVA.

Currently, my wand isn't equipped with something else, purely because i use it for Resta/Giresta and nothing else.
    I've just tried out Twin handguns as Dana suggested and couldn't score very many hits on enemies that were about my level, and i've gotten rid of my Caliburn and kept my Ice sword Mil (because it's got freeze lvl 3).
    I've also removed the Axe because i don't get enough damage from it to make it effective for its speed.
    Last edited by ashaz; Oct 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM.