Default Game Freeze While Saving [FIX]

Ok, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. I'm blissfully playing online then suddenly I get a network error which forces a save. During that save the PSP freezes then eventually just powers off. Upon restarting PSP2, my save data has vanished and it asks me to create a new save.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have had this happen along with other things causing you to lose your save. The general fix for this is to just backup your save often and hope you didn't find anything too important since your last backup, hardly ideal.

I have now managed to successfully recover my save both times albeit with different methods.

METHOD 1

Diagnosis: The SAVEDATA folder on the MS has no sign of the PSP2 save folder or an OVERWRITE_********** folder

Solution: Ran Pen drive data recovery software and managed to find a deleted OVERWRITE_********** folder which when recovered worked a treat.

METHOD 2 (CFW REQUIRED)

Diagnosis: The SAVEDATA folder on the MS has no sign of the PSP2 save folder but there is a OVERWRITE_********** folder. Unfortunately the folder is missing the PARAM.SFO file as the save was interrupted mid-way.

Solution: Copy the SAVEDATA.BIN file from the OVERWRITE_********* folder into a previous backup of your save game. This will of course not work and PSP2 will recognise it as a corrupted save. Follow this guide to decrypting the corrupted save data and hopefully restoring your save.

I hope these help someone. I personally try to do backups when I can but today took the biscuit. I hadn't done a backup for about a week and during that week I think I ran gemaga about 50 times, levelled my cast up from 102 to 116, my force up to 80 from 72, finished cmode on my main multiple times and not to mention all the sweet stuff I had been finding.

If I come across this again and find any other ways to restore the half saved files then I'll update this thread. I hope the 2nd method is allowed as the guide actually requires a cheat application to work.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up and help. I haven't been online since the demo ended and had no idea this could happen. I back-up my save often but will always make a back-up before I go online now.

this also might be happening cuz u r joining parties that u doing the DLC missions? cuz from what i know if ur game doesn't have the DLC and a party trys to run the DLC missions if can fuk with ur game
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

I have the DLC installed and this is happening mid-mission. Thanks for your concern though.