Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Totally not a Flowen fan. Msr. Bojangles's Avatar

Default Hmm... Battle FOmar or FOmarl?

I personally can never make up my mind on whether I want to use a FOmar or FOmarl these days. I like the tankishness of the FOmarl, but the FOmar's just so cool looking. XD What is everyone's opinion on one as an offline mode Pinkal item hunter?

And if you would, please give me an example on how to build a battle Force mag, because quite frankly, I have no clue on how to go about that.

If you are doing a melee force, you might want to actually roll with two mags. 1 for power and the other for mind. If you are doing FOmar, you are going to want some nice Dex on your power mag, like 50. So you are looking at a spread of 5/145/50/0 (in other words, 5 def, 145 power, 50 dex).

As for the mind mag, some might suggest doing more defense with it, but mostly going for mind. It really depends on rather you want a rare evolution mag or not. It's easy to get a rare mag for the power mag I suggested, because the evolution requires balance (just makes sure the mag has 5 def, 45 dex, and 50 power when it gets to level 100) (NOTE: make sure your Section ID and Class use this formula to evolve the mag, otherwise, you might have to make a new character for the purpose of evolving the mag). The mind mag would require something like 50 def or 45 dex, then 50 mind to get it to evolve at level 100. Both of these should be fine for either FOmar or FOmarl. If you want an opinion, go FOmar.
    Last edited by Eulogy21; Oct 29, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

You should probably go with the one that you enjoy playing the most, or the one that looks more appealing to play. Both FOmar and FOmarls are able to melee so there's no problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy21 View Post
    If you are doing a melee force, you might want to actually roll with two mags. 1 for power and the other for mind. If you are doing FOmar, you are going to want some nice Dex on your power mag, like 50. So you are looking at a spread of 5/145/50/0 (in other words, 5 def, 145 power, 50 dex).

As for the mind mag, some might suggest doing more defense with it, but mostly going for mind. It really depends on rather you want a rare evolution mag or not. It's easy to get a rare mag for the power mag I suggested, because the evolution requires balance (just makes sure the mag has 5 def, 45 dex, and 50 power when it gets to level 100) (NOTE: make sure your Section ID and Class use this formula to evolve the mag, otherwise, you might have to make a new character for the purpose of evolving the mag). The mind mag would require something like 50 def or 45 dex, then 50 mind to get it to evolve at level 100. Both of these should be fine for either FOmar or FOmarl. If you want an opinion, go FOmar.

Ah, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll go melee FOmar, then. XD And I got plenty of empty MAGs from my Redria HUcast, so I can experiment. Though, I'll need to study feeding charts so that I keep that DEF at 5. One more question is, is it recommended I start with the Mind mag first? Because I know very well how frail Forces start out. XP

FOmars will always do more damage, more ATP, more MST.

Here is the build for my FOmar, only thing you need to finish maxing ATP is a God/Power

FOmar end Stats: ATP 967( -35 ), DFP 470( Max ), MST 1340( Max ), ATA 163( Max ), EVP 651( Max ), LCK 100( Max )
    Base: ATP 753, DFP 321, MST 990, ATA 138, EVP 551, LCK 10
    Materials: Pow 93( +186 ), Def 62( +124 ), Mind 20( +40 ), Evade 40( +80 ), Luck 35( +70 )
    Mag: Def 5( +5), Pow 4( +8 ), Dex 46( +23 ), Mind 145( +290 )
    God/Ability: ATP 20, DFP 20, MST 20, ATA 2, EVP 20, LCK 20

Also my Mag is a Rati with PB's Estlla, Pilla, and Mylla & Youlla.

FOmar, for sure!

The nice part of the FOmar is the ability to go either melee or magic based in battles. If you're rocking rule 1 or area battle, FOmar can be godly if you set them up right and know what you're up against.

Use the Jellen and Zalure to your advantage if you're going melee (or up against anyone save for a FO) and don't be afraid to grab a red saber, etc, for a good melee weapon.

Your built in attack speed bonus is also a huge help, once you can get the timing down. The only hard part is simply leveling up to a point where you can take on just about anything - things start going uphill at about 150+, and only get better from there. Until that point, HP boosting units may be critical depending on how hard your enemy hits.

Hehe, due to the overwhelming response, now I have made a FOmar. Thanks for the assistance, everyone. XD It's a big help, really.

Man, FOmarls get no respect. First the cries of "Heal me!" and "Shifta dammit!," then the disparaging moniker of "Resta bitch," and now this. You're just jealous because your dresses aren't half as pretty as ours.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Man, FOmarls get no respect. First the cries of "Heal me!" and "Shifta dammit!," then the disparaging moniker of "Resta bitch," and now this. You're just jealous because your dresses aren't half as pretty as ours.
    Hmm... Well, I guess I can make a FOmarl as well. XD I respect the FOmarls. Mainly because if I don't respect them, I get Rainbow Scepter'd.