Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you want to mix support and melee, by the by, FOmarls can wear a real shield and a real weapon and still get boosted Resta and Anti range instead of having to wear a Healing Merge or a weapon that adds to Resta and Anti range like a FOmar would.
    Last edited by Allison_W; Oct 30, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Totally not a Flowen fan. Msr. Bojangles's Avatar

Well, true... I guess FOmarl is the best choice for me, then. XD It's like a Paladin in any other MMO, except more hilariously awesome. I might make her a Whitill, just because Slicers are my favorite weapon by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Msr. Bojangles View Post
    Well, true... I guess FOmarl is the best choice for me, then. XD It's like a Paladin in any other MMO, except more hilariously awesome. I might make her a Whitill, just because Slicers are my favorite weapon by far.
    Actually, for a paladin I might lean towards a HUnewearl or HUmar (probably a HUnewearl), as they're tougher than forces, but can still cast Resta and Anti. But that said, do as you please. If you want to be a good support force while still fighting in melee, the FOmarl is excellent (and more durable than the FOmar, with better HP and DFP). However, if you don't care so much about playing support and want to focus more on the fighting, you might be better off as a FOmar (with considerably higher ATP, slightly better MST, and Gi-techs boost).

I actually prefer fighting to support myself, but I nonetheless play a FOmarl due to wanting to play a female character--I just take the slightly better toughness, ATA, and Grants bonus as consolation prizes and try not to be too sour about the ATP hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Actually, for a paladin I might lean towards a HUnewearl or HUmar (probably a HUnewearl), as they're tougher than forces, but can still cast Resta and Anti. But that said, do as you please. If you want to be a good support force while still fighting in melee, the FOmarl is excellent (and more durable than the FOmar, with better HP and DFP). However, if you don't care so much about playing support and want to focus more on the fighting, you might be better off as a FOmar (with considerably higher ATP, slightly better MST, and Gi-techs boost).

I actually prefer fighting to support myself, but I nonetheless play a FOmarl due to wanting to play a female character--I just take the slightly better toughness, ATA, and Grants bonus as consolation prizes and try not to be too sour about the ATP hit.
    Actually, I made a big whoopsie on the Paladin comment. XD I meant to say 'Battlepriest', which had slipped my mind until just now. =P But I think a FOmarl could be a more fun alternative, since I can support in offline multiplayer still without needing to juggle Merges. Which in turn means more inventory space.

Actually, I made a big whoopsie on the Paladin comment. XD I meant to say 'Battlepriest', which had slipped my mind until just now. =P But I think a FOmarl could be a more fun alternative, since I can support in offline multiplayer still without needing to juggle Merges. Which in turn means more inventory space.
    And also means that you don't lose critical defenses while supporting.

And also means that you don't lose critical defenses while supporting.
    Okay. I'm now a convert to the way of the FOmarl. XD

Okay. I'm now a convert to the way of the FOmarl. XD
    If support is up your alley, sure. On the flip side, if you want to play a FOmar but not use merges or weapons that boost Resta/Anti range, you can always tell your friends to shut up and use mates during pitched fights because you're not their nurse, stick to fighting next to the allies most likely to need healing (whether that's backing up the hunters or protecting the rangers or squishy newman forces) so that they're inside your Resta/Anti range, or suck up running around during fights when someone needs healed.

If support is up your alley, sure. On the flip side, if you want to play a FOmar but not use merges or weapons that boost Resta/Anti range, you can always tell your friends to shut up and use mates during pitched fights because you're not their nurse, stick to fighting next to the allies most likely to need healing (whether that's backing up the hunters or protecting the rangers or squishy newman forces) so that they're inside your Resta/Anti range, or suck up running around during fights when someone needs healed.

Hehe, I'm not so sure; I'm playing my FOmarl now... And I must say, I like her attack animations MUCH more than a FOmar's. Somehow, she seems to play a lot quicker to me. *is comparing the saber/cane animations* While she doesn't move as far, which is a mixed blessing, she seems a lot more 'quick and to the point' with her attacks. Of course, I also can't wait to get her a Slicer - I've heard good things about FOmarls and Slicers.

I hear good things about FOmarls with Inferno Bazooka as well. If you have some friends with you, FOmarl could be a better option simply for the support benefits (they also get a bigger boost from grants). If you are alone most of the time, FOmar is a great way to go. When I'm online, if anyone wants heals, they usually come to me anyway (My main secondary is a FOmar). The standard range for resta can be annoying, but it hasn't been too much of an issue.

Hehe, I'm not so sure; I'm playing my FOmarl now... And I must say, I like her attack animations MUCH more than a FOmar's. Somehow, she seems to play a lot quicker to me. *is comparing the saber/cane animations* While she doesn't move as far, which is a mixed blessing, she seems a lot more 'quick and to the point' with her attacks. Of course, I also can't wait to get her a Slicer - I've heard good things about FOmarls and Slicers.
    FOmarls have the best slicer animation in the game, though the saber animation is not as proficient as the male animation. Don't forget to take advantage of her 1.5x Grants damage~