Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Cool Killing the White Beast 1 Noob at a time! Player ideas to end Monotheism in PSU!

WIKI quote: Monotheism (from Greek μόνος & θεός) is the belief in the existence of one god,[1] as distinguished from polytheism, the belief in more than one god. OK! Its really simple. (AKA being the White Beast of PSU)

Below is one of my ideas on how to start to end the cycle of the White Beast. I am inviting everyone to post their player ideas here on how to get noobs and everyone for that matter to do other missions.

I goto White Beast. I start a mission with two npc's. Then in the mission name I put (Join in) In the mission message I put (Special Mission to follow).

Then I do a solo speed WB run where I skip all monsters possible to get to the boss where most will join up in block 3. I will have a mic as well as a keyboard. During the mission I will announce we are do XXXXX mission on XXXXXX planet. I will tell them the mission lobby etc. After the WB is killed I will hit the crystal and force everyone out to Otokushitenaku. Where if they want they an buy luck etc. Then return to city and to the flyer base to to go anywhere but WB. The main focus on this is to do fun missions and to communicate with the other players during the mission etc. You will want to talk about the good points of the mission you pick. If you are doing a low level mission or any mission you may have to do it twice to get a full party. If we use speed mode this process should go faster. I will be passing this method on to other players in the game as well. We might use a code in the name or something like that once a lot of us are doing this. So we can join them in their mission etc. This for me will be trial and error.

Once this is an established practice. I would like for everyone starting a WB mission to just name their party after the mission they are going to do. Feel free to post other ideas and suggestions on how to improve the process. Or any other idea you have about how to get people away from white beast.

Again this will be trial and error. I don't expect everyone to go to the next mission. I know others have tried something similar in the past. Trying to get people off WB.

This idea is not really new. But I hope it will help focus the community on something else.

I hope I have some support on this.

TY! PX
    Last edited by Professor Xavier; Nov 15, 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Good luck with that....

i understand peoples hatred of everyone running white beast, but if one is paying to play this game, one should be able to run whatever they want. plus, life is to short...it's just a video game.

It doesn't help that they made almost half the materials for the best armor in the game drop there either.

While I respect your noble mission, I fear white beast has been indoctrinated into our gaming patterns. I have posted before about the numerous practical reasons why people spam white beast. I too, prefer to run several other missions, including the GAS missions, but it's nearly impossible to find open parties on the less popular missions. However, I support your ambition so let me know how I can help when I am online.
    Gamertag: AKA RED FOXX 23
    Last edited by AKA RED FOXX 23; Nov 15, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
    RED FOXX 23 LVL 180 Beast Gunmaster
    Vinsanity LVL 180 Cast Fighmaster/Acrofighter
    ABA LVL 172 Newnan Masterforce

Cheaper Sealed Swords for the win?

Oh lord......

I'm going to start a counter-movement in which whole teams of players don facial hair, equip spears, and talk like pirates as we be huntin' the White Beast. yar.

Ok, so it'll just be me alone in a locked game with Queequeg (Lou) ... but the end result will be the same. White Beast's popularity is more permanent a fixture to PSU than Christmas Lobbies were to PSOX. Nothing is going to dislodge it short of an event. Besides I'm a Deist myself, so don't harsh on me too bad for being non-interventional about these things.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Nov 18, 2010 at 05:51 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I'm going to start a counter-movement in which whole teams of players don facial hair, equip spears, and talk like pirates as we be huntin' the White Beast. yar..
    SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND PHOTONS, WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE BEAST

BREAK YOUR RARES AND CRACK YOUR HACKS, MEN

IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL

THIS IVORY HAND IS WHAT PROPELS ME

HAND SPEAR S+ THRUST IN THE SKY

AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW

AND LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE

WHITE

BEAST

YIEL

SENBA

I am all for running other missions but to be honest i agree with Adios if i need diads i run WB S runs
    Did everyone think we are all the cause of this problem as i know every tour i have done ends with a white beast run
    On the other hand other than mats nothing of value drops there so i still find it strange that this is the only mission we all run