Default Good HU and FO IDs?

Well, yeah... I might be getting PSOBB in the next few months. I just want to know, what are the best IDs for HUs and FOs, and what makes them so good? Thanks.

I'm assuming you'll be joining the big server so I'm going off of that. It really depends on whether you're hunting for tradebait or hunting your own gear. Because some IDs find some pretty high value items, but not a lot of good equips in general. A good example of this is Viridia and it's L&K38 Combats, a good long range high damage weapon. Hunting them is easy to do and can be pretty profitable but aside from Red Ring and Parasitic Gene Flow (both of which are nearly impossible to get) Viridia has absolute crap for drops everywhere else.

But on to the IDs themselves. You can't go wrong with Purplenum, Redria and Yellowboze. They all find high value, useful items. IDs that should generally be avoided at all costs are Pinkal, Bluefull and Oran. The only reason why you'd probably make these IDs is because you already have all the good ones and are just looking for something stupid to hunt. IDs that are good for money making include Viridia and Skyly, but you'll only be hunting 2~3 items max on each of these.

Other than that, check the drop charts see what you want to hunt. If it's in episode 1, Rangers and Forces do the best at hunting there, episode 2 is pretty much just Rangers because of the highly dangerous enemies that spawn there, many of which can instantly kill you. Rangers have access to frozen shooter and hell weapons which is also another reason to use them there. Most episode 2 enemies have terrible dark resistance, so you can just one hit kill most everything. Episode 2 enemies also have high elemental resists, which makes Forces pretty bad in that area. Moving on to episode 4, Forces completely dominate this area, similar resists and clumped enemies make this a haven for nuking. Rangers will have a rough time here since the lizard enemies are invulnerable to bullets coming at their faces, forcing them to resort to running around their backs or meleeing them.

You may have noticed I didn't mention hunters until now, well put simply they kind of suck at hunting things. They (obviously) melee most everything, making room clearing a long process compared to the other classes. I'm not saying not to do it, I'm just saying that you should be prepared to take a noticeably longer times to get things done.

Also I feel that I should add that I'm implying that this is all done solo.

I was looking for slightly more specifics, as in, what IDs are specifically good for HU, and which are specifically good for FO. Also, I'd like to know specific items that drop for each ID, that makes it good in the first place.

Actually, I heard that Oran is fairly good. Particularly if you want a Prophets of Motav.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

You're better off hunting Psycho Wand on Purplenum, it's easier to hunt, more useful and stronger as well.