Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO for PSP...where?

Sure its been mentioned before, and I'm still new to the forums but...Why the hell hasn't PSOBB been made for the PSP? Shit would easily outsell PSP1/2, + Zero.
    ☆PSO☆

Haha! - No.

Considering that PSO:BB can still be played for free on private servers and Sega/ST have finally given up on the game, it is unlikely that it would happen and sell well.

You would be surprised.

Why do you think all of Nintendo's best selling games are all remakes of older games...?
    ☆PSO☆

In Japan they play portables ALL THE TIME, and they still love PSO so in a matter of sales SEGA would do just fine. Dongra is right about the free servers and that many people would not pay for a game that they can get for free (I myself do not like to play on the free servers cause of the drop rate changes and exp bonuses, if it isn't SEGA's guidelines then it's not legit.) but I believe that the true fan base of PSO would get it regardless. It's been a dream of mine ever since I had my PSP to play PSO on the go as I like. Maybe SEGA has thought of re-releasing it for the portable, though I would like it more for the PSP myself maybe there is a plan for the 3DS? I will not lie that it would be cool to see the world of PSO in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunariancrystal View Post
    You would be surprised.

Why do you think all of Nintendo's best selling games are all remakes of older games...?
    Because they are actually popular?

Ishia's actually got a point. PSO isn't a very well known game, at least in the US, and most of the people who are dedicated to Phantasy Star are already playing for free on private servers or playing PSU. We've also got PSO2 on the way, so I don't see any point in porting over PSO just so it can live on the PSP for a year.

Well then whats the point of Sega making PSP1/2...? Lots of people bought the game in Japan. If they had released PSOBB onto the PSP it would of sold just as many copies as PSP1/2 because people were expecting PSP to be closer to PSO - Thats what I expected at least. I, as well as many other people, thought PSP was just a cheap rip off of PSU with 'some' PSO elements. It doesn't play the same at all.

As far as US popularity, I'd agree, but most of the people who play PSP/PSO/PSU etc, are JPN.

Idk, it's something I've always wanted to see happen. PSO would work brilliantly on a PSP...thats why I was so excited for PSP2 but it still felt like the same old PSU junk;;
    ☆PSO☆

PSO would do it great on psp consoles...but SEGA would never do that to themselves...at least on the next 3 years...cause why spent so much time and money on other incomming phantasy star titles just to blow themselves giving a PSO remake for psp...it jeopardice it other sales...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunariancrystal View Post
    Well then whats the point of Sega making PSP1/2...? Lots of people bought the game in Japan. If they had released PSOBB onto the PSP it would of sold just as many copies as PSP1/2 because people were expecting PSP to be closer to PSO - Thats what I expected at least. I, as well as many other people, thought PSP was just a cheap rip off of PSU with 'some' PSO elements. It doesn't play the same at all.

As far as US popularity, I'd agree, but most of the people who play PSP/PSO/PSU etc, are JPN.

Idk, it's something I've always wanted to see happen. PSO would work brilliantly on a PSP...thats why I was so excited for PSP2 but it still felt like the same old PSU junk;;
    Most of the things you mentioned here are solely opinions, not facts. The only "facts" I can see are that Phantasy Star is more popular in JP and more people bought the games there. Just wait for Infinity, as it will have more PSO elements than any other previous Portable titles.

Quote Originally Posted by GUARDIANDNL View Post
    PSO would do it great on psp consoles...but SEGA would never do that to themselves...at least on the next 3 years...cause why spent so much time and money on other incomming phantasy star titles just to blow themselves giving a PSO remake for psp...it jeopardice it other sales...
    PSO would do great on the PSP, but then it woudn't do great on the PSP? Make up your mind.