Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Lastly, Portable 2 Infinity's story line will, in some way, connect to PSO2. That is confirmed.
    Where as this confirmed?
    I quite like this weapon customization idea. Sort of like the Extend Codes of PSPo2, but taking that further and mixing it with the item synthesis function of PSU and doing something else. I'm not sure what that 'something else' should be, though.
    Well, PSU's synthesis does not deserve to exist: It was a poorly-designed idea that managed to make an already-severely-flawed game even worse.

A large part of the reason behind the abolishment of a synthesis system is the fact that it's just not fun to find random item parts that you have to keep and hope you ever find the others (and by the time you do, it'll probably no longer be a good piece of equipment for you). When people simply find whole pieces of equipment instead, they're able to immediately make use of that equipment as a resource, on the field. Having item synthesis as being a main attraction for the procurement of items serves only to detract from this, and muddles the experience as a whole (this is why it was removed from the Phantasy Star Portable games).

I really think that, as far as functional attachments/units go, it's important that it be maintained that inserting them into weapons is in no way permanent - it should be just as hot-swappable as armor units are in PSO, particularly because this would really allow people to trade off a weapon they've gotten their use out of, without having to worry about the stipulations of the attached units making the weapon less valuable to prospective traders (because what one class or player may customize a weapon for may be completely different from what another would).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Where as this confirmed?

I really think that, as far as functional attachments/units go, it's important that it be maintained that inserting them into weapons is in no way permanent - it should be just as hot-swappable as armor units are in PSO, particularly because this would really allow people to trade off a weapon they've gotten their use out of, without having to worry about the stipulations of the attached units making the weapon less valuable to prospective traders (because what one class or player may customize a weapon for may be completely different from what another would).
    I mean item synthesis as a method of 'inputting' stuff into weapons. Maybe I chose the wrong comparison, but the item synthesis system is the closest thing that comes to mind.

Flip through the PSPo2i discussion thread in the PSP section of the forums. It's somewhere within the last...uh, 30 pages or so. It's one of Mikest's (Mike) posts.

-Wayu

there could be a system where insted of grinding, each weapon can use a certain number of weapon "materials". this would work similar to using materials on your character, but insted it augmented your weapons stats. different weapons could each use a different number, similar to how various weapons had different max grinds. also if you bought/traded a weapon from someone who had upgraded it, and you didnt like his changes, there could be something like reset materials that set the weapon back to its original stats.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    I mean item synthesis as a method of 'inputting' stuff into weapons. Maybe I chose the wrong comparison, but the item synthesis system is the closest thing that comes to mind.
    Well, in my mind, it would be exactly like how people put units into armor slots. Something you can just do wherever, from the equipment menu.
    Flip through the PSPo2i discussion thread in the PSP section of the forums. It's somewhere within the last...uh, 30 pages or so. It's one of Mikest's (Mike) posts.
    Sounds like a wild goose chase, to me.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

It'd also be nice to see gear being altered in a less gameplay-enhancing way. For example change the color or other properties of your gear, allowing your character to be unique in more ways. I really think that was one of the factors that made PSO so great was customization and this would be a great step towards achieving the same 'vibe'.