Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

Default Letter to Sega: from PSOW. All PSO2 fans please read.

I saw another thread and people looked interested in perhaps writing a letter to SOJ about our own ideas, perhaps to encourage them to take certain ideas into conideration. I have family in Japan/who have lived in Japan for 10+ years so I might find someone willing to take the time to do a fluent translation for me(as my japanese is limited to speech). If you know japanese, send me a PM as well for future reference, it will help.

As for what to write, I figure all of us won't agree on everything so only the top ideas the majority can agree on will be put into the "rough draft". Post all your (decent, logical) ideas here. The following posts, please make references to your opinion(s) on previously posted ideas as well as your own, obviously. Try to organize your post with quotes and seperate you own ideas from opinions on other ideas. This "letter" is "living" as in it's going to be revised constantly with new ideas so keep the posts coming(in an organized fashion of course).

Please do not limit your ideas to sending me a PM. Those ideas will not be considered, this letter is going to be "written" by the vast majority.

Also please no nominations, even if the idea belongs to someone else, post it here and simply give credit where it belongs.

I'll read posts constantly and provide bullet point notes on our strongest ideas in this OP, then eventually, the english letter and later, a copy of the final, translated japanese version

I'll edit this OP with what we got excluding final, formal revisions till the end.

Our objective here is to write our combined ideas and provide sega with a nice, encouraging letter from Phantasy Star's most die-hard fans. It's our only way of getting our ideas "out there" at the moment and I strongly advise we take every advantage we can get as the future community of PSO2 while the game is in development.

I'm also very aware sega might not even put the exact idea into the game, or even at all, but it'll have them thinking about said "idea" and perhaps they will provide PSO2 with a version of said idea that works. Everything is in development. Does it mean they'll read our letter? No. Does it mean they'll even consider our ideas? No. But they might, we have nothing to lose by doing this.

Letter:

"Dear Sega of Japan,

From all your loyal and die-hard fans here at Pso-World, we appreciate the fact you have decided to create a brand new online version of, for a majority of us, our most favorite series, Phantasy Star. We really hope the development team has decided to take a large leap in advancing the amount of content available to the Phantasy Star Online community upon release and the years that follow. We here at Pso-World hope that PSO2 will become one of the most enjoyable and memorable video games of all time, much like it's predecesors Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast all the way to Blue Burst on PC...." [unfinished]

Possible inputs:
    Different clothing for battle and lobby.
    Super rare weapons have unique abilities.
    Mags [insert info]

The above is NO WHERE even close to what our final letter will be. Consider it an "outline" of some sort. Please don't make rude comments on what is hasn't even become yet.

The OP has been edited this amount of times: 10
    Last edited by Chaobo99; Dec 9, 2010 at 01:38 AM.

I nominate paracelsus's clothing idea that he posted in the "Here's the one thing that PSO2 has to nail to interest me, and (probably) you" thread.
    Last edited by •Col•; Dec 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a silly idea for several reasons. Primarily, you will never get everyone here (or anywhere) to agree even remotely well enough on what to write. Furthermore, they almost certainly won't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a silly idea for several reasons. Primarily, you will never get everyone here (or anywhere) to agree even remotely well enough on what to write. Furthermore, they almost certainly won't give a fuck.
    UMM, you do know that on PSO2's Japanese site, they deliberately made a page for people to send in their suggestions for them to read, right? And I'm sure we can all agree on at least a few things...

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

I already know not everyone will agree on EVERYTHING. But if a greater majority agrees on an idea, I suppose that's a too bad. I'm also very aware sega might not even put the exact idea into the game, or even at all, but it'll have them thinking about said "idea" and perhaps they will provide PSO2 with a version of said idea that works.

Also please no nominations, even if the idea belongs to someone else, post it here and simply give credit where it belongs. Thanks for the effort though .
    Last edited by Chaobo99; Dec 2, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaobo99 View Post
    I already know not everyone will agree on EVERYTHING. But if a greater majority agrees on an idea, I suppose that's a too bad.

Also please no nominations, even if the idea belongs to someone else, post it here and simply give credit where it belongs. Thanks for the effort though .
    Lol, didn't want to seem like I was trying to take credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    Getting into character customization for the main body I believe the WWE Wrestling games have the right idea, the amount of detail you can do with their creator is near infinite. For the clothing on the Created characters I'd say there should be two main concurrent dress set-ups.
    1. In play/Battle attire which will have a more PSO Armored and/or Military look and style.
    2. Lobby/Community rooms attire which will have a Formal and/or Casual look and style.

In style one your getting down to business, while in style two your relaxing with friends and allies. I also think the clothing art should also be of a dark mood/nature, but have vividly displayed colors like much of PSO's areas (Mines 2).

Also, um.... Why don't we just mention Mags in the letter? Because technically, just because this is PSO2... Doesn't mean Mags HAVE to return... We should at least remind Sega that we want them, lol. This is something I think we can all really agree on...

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    UMM, you do know that on PSO2's Japanese site, they deliberately made a page for people to send in their suggestions for them to read, right? And I'm sure we can all agree on at least a few things...
    That page isn't for suggestions but for messages of encouragement. Like"I've been waiting for years for a new PSO, thanks!" or "I'm looking forward to PSO2." Not "We demand PSO2 to be blahblahblah."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That page isn't for suggestions but for messages of encouragement. Like"I've been waiting for years for a new PSO, thanks!" or "I'm looking forward to PSO2." Not "We demand PSO2 to be blahblahblah."
    XD

Well, I blame this article then: http://www.segabits.com/?p=5454

I can't read Japanese, not my fault.....

well somthing i think is important to have in PSO2 is that some of the super rare weapons have unique abilitys. they did this in PSO with Sealed J-sword, lavis cannon, and alot of others.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaobo99 View Post
    I saw another thread and people looked interested in perhaps writing a letter to SOJ about our own ideas, perhaps to encourage them to take certain ideas into conideration. I have family in Japan/who have lived in Japan for 10+ years so I might find someone willing to take the time to do a fluent translation for me(as my japanese is limited to speech). If you know japanese, send me a PM as well for future reference, it will help.

As for what to write, I figure all of us won't agree on everything so only the top ideas the majority can agree on will be put into the "rough draft". Post all your (decent, logical) ideas here. The following posts, please make references to your opinion(s) on previously posted ideas as well as your own, obviously. Try to organize your post with quotes and seperate you own ideas from opinions on other ideas. This "letter" is "living" as in it's going to be revised constantly with new ideas so keep the posts coming(in an organized fashion of course).

Please do not limit your ideas to sending me a PM. Those ideas will not be considered, this letter is going to be "written" by the vast majority.

Also please no nominations, even if the idea belongs to someone else, post it here and simply give credit where it belongs.

I'll read posts constantly and provide bullet point notes on our strongest ideas in this OP, then eventually, the english letter and later, a copy of the final, translated japanese version

I'll edit this OP with what we got excluding final, formal revisions till the end.

Our objective here is to write our combined ideas and provide sega with a nice, encouraging letter from Phantasy Star's most die-hard fans. It's our only way of getting our ideas "out there" at the moment and I strongly advise we take every advantage we can get as the future community of PSO2 while the game is in development.

I'm also very aware sega might not even put the exact idea into the game, or even at all, but it'll have them thinking about said "idea" and perhaps they will provide PSO2 with a version of said idea that works. Everything is in development.

Letter:

"Dear Sega of Japan,

Our ideas are as followed...

(?) The return of Mags: [insert additional info]"

The above is NO WHERE even close to what our final letter will be. Consider it an "outline" of some sort. Please don't make rude comments on what is hasn't even become yet.

The OP has been edited this amount of times: 8
    Already sent mines in,fully translated,well one was English and the other was Japanese,I want my buzzcut and black and blue Humar Armor
    Last one called,but the first one finished.