Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are Mags?

Default What are Mags?

I`m not asking about what Mags can look like or what they can do (enhance stats, Photon Blasts). I mean, what ARE they? Are they robots? What are they made with?

Mags are machines that are given to hunters as commemoration of something. I think an NPC somewhere in PSO talks about why mags are.

I'm just making up what MAG could mean;
    Machine Attribute Gear
    Mechanism Altering Gimmick

I bet I could think of a few more.

If you've played PSZ, it's explained that they were an off-product during the development of Casts.

In PSO, Dr. Jean-Carlo Montague invented mags to be an assist unit for hunters. So yes, they are machines. You can figure they are made with metals, plastics, and ceramics. If memory serves, I believe I heard somewhere that they were affected by the D-Photons, and that is how Photon Blasts came to be.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

MAG's actually contain D cells collected from a meteor sample that landed on Coral which is why they react to photon energy. The higher the concentration of photon energy the more powerfull the blast. On Coral the blasts were simple energy blasts. It was Ragols high photon levels that gave the blasts forms. This also why in EP3 when all D cells were wiped out on Ragol any hunters planet side at the time also lost their mags.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Hold up! Are you saying that Mags are made with DF cells aka the Germ? Wouldn`t that make them dangerous?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Well, that's where the cybernetic part of MAGs come in. They have a core of D-cells interfaced with a mechanical shell as well as a rudimentary AI keeping the D-cells under control. Pretty much the same thing with Elenor and Ult, except a bit more simple. So, no need to worry about your MAG going all IDOLA on you and try combo'ing you with Rabarta.

1. If a Mag did have DF cells, wouldn`t it have been possible to get an infection from a broken Mag?

2. What in the world was that that happened to Ult? O_O I remember she glowed, but what exactly happened? Were Elenor and Ult android Mags?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Googlebonker View Post
    1. If a Mag did have DF cells, wouldn`t it have been possible to get an infection from a broken Mag?

2. What in the world was that that happened to Ult? O_O I remember she glowed, but what exactly happened? Were Elenor and Ult android Mags?
    1- Not sure. PSO didn't give much clues to that. But, seeing as D-cells react to abnormal photons, who knows?

2- They weren't exactly MAGs. They were actually products of...

Spoiler!

I've never heard of an alternate ending to Soul of Steel. How does one get this ending?