Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are Mags?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

You need to fill in certain requirements on other quests that will make Elenor's MAG cell evolve three times during the quest. These steps involve going for the Bernie/Sue arc in the offline quests and some other things I forgot.

Then what was it they found in that meteorite that hit Ragol inEpisode 4?

Hmmm...I'm not so sure about that one. I don't remember much about EP4's storyline, but I think it was a meteorite similar to the one that hit Coral; a big rock with load of photons in it. Perfect D-type sublifeform fodder.

Could you explain the MOTHER Project? : D

I got an additional question. Were mags introduced in PSO or were they in previous PS games...? Or maybe there was reference to mags in earlier PS games?
    ☆PSO☆

Is it possible that Mags are not made with DF cells (the Germ) inside it, but rather each Mag has a cell (like an encapsulation) that is made with D-photons?

D-cell as in a D-photon Cell

Acording to the Book of Hunters, Mags are D-cells encapsulated by a mechanical shell. The D-cells were brought back from Ragol by the Coral probes sent to explore the planet. The D-cells are kept under control by an emotional A.I. This was step one in the Mother project. Step two was the creation of a more complex living machine. This is were Elenor and Ult come in. They are step two. This is why Elenor can comunicate with mags. She is basically a very complex Mag, so to speak. The final step was to turn the three Emotiona A.I.s brought by Pioneer One into living humans. This is what Cal was trying to do during Seat of the Heart and why he needed Elly to get him to the top of the tower on Gal Da Val Island were the Mother device was located.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

O_O Cal, Olga, and... what was that other one? Was that what they were trying to do when Dr. Osto tried to combine Flowen with Olga? Why don`t Mags get overtaken by the D-cells? How could any of them become human?

Why in the world would they keep anything like that around? During Episode 3, I think they were talking about destoying all the C.A.R.D.s. Would they have needed to get rid of Mags and weapons made from enemy parts, too?

What if a Mag was destroyed? Could the D-cells from it infect a person?
    Last edited by Googlebonker; Dec 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlebonker View Post
    O_O Cal, Olga, and... what was that other one? Was that what they were trying to do when Dr. Osto tried to combine Flowen with Olga?
    The other emotional AI was Volt Opt. The reason why they combined Olga with Flowen was to merely have a certain degree of control over him; Flowen was experiment Gamma 119, part of the bioweapons part of the Mother plan. And Flowen's control over his body was slowly slipping too, so they had to do something to keep him under control or he would rampage and kill everything and make the whole experiment a failure.

Buuut...That combination didn't produce the results they wanted anyways, so they threw him down that shaft. When they combined Flowen with Olga, Flowen was nowhere near being a human anymore, so I doubt that making Olga human was their intent at the time.

The whole point of the mother project was to create the ultimate super soldier. The D cells were to provide the powerful body and the A.I. were supposed to control them but everytime they tried the D cells took over and became evil. Perhaps the only reason Mags and Elenor, Ult worked is they only contained small amounts of D cells contained in a core.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury