Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Downloadable Quests for Offline Play.

On a whim I decided recently to start playing PSO for pc recently after a long affair with the game many years ago on the Dreamcast. I was looking into all the old available quests that were able to be downloaded at the time and played offline and noticed that for the Dreamcast version you were able to find the quest files for download on the web and you could then transfer them to your VMU for play.

After further research, without hopefully breaking any rules I noticed the only way to obtain these quests now is if you were to connect to "3rd Party" servers. I myself experimented with creating my own offline lan servers. Although the online quests were available at that point I noticed that none of the offline downloadable quests were available. I started reading a walkthrough for PSO and noticed it has a list of the quests that were available during the time PSO was "Officially Online". The quests listed were as follows.

1.) Soul of a Blacksmith
    2.) Letter from Lionel
    3.) The Retired Hunter
    4.) Central Dome Fire Swirl
    5.) Soul of Steel
    6.) Sunset at the Secret Base (Japanese)

Any information or helpful advice on how to obtain these quests so they are able to be downloaded and then played offline would be so very much appreciated. There does not seem to be any clear answer I could find through google and don't seem to understand the structure of the quest files within the server software.

just a note
    1.) Soul of a Blacksmith (there are 2 version of this quest, the one in english/french/..... and the one in japanese, being the jp one the only one where you get the rare items.)

Thanks for the tip, this is good to know. Now only to figure out how to incorporate these quests into my offline experience.

If you can access a server (i believe any server will do) then download the quests from there

If you create your own server and the problem is the lack of quests then try and visit server websites, talk to the ppl in charge and then they may send you the quest files needed for your server.

Unfortunatly due to pso world policies, i can't name the websites.

I have not tried this yet since I heard that one of the most popular "unnamed" servers does not offer these quests but I may do some searching and see what I can dig up.

I wish PSO was lan-able...without having to go online.
    ☆PSO☆

I went online on a server (name will not be revealed) and this was what i saw under the english languange setting

I should get a hold of those sometime.

Yes, it's the server i usually go.
    No it's not the s******* one :P

Thought so. I've played on that one once or twice but no one is own when I'm up though.