Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default JP PSU Fun Factor

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has found it difficult to carry on PSU'ing on JP server? I just felt after getting GC and a lot of good weapons so quickly has made it difficult to continue playing. Also the language barrier too, sure I got like 15 friends who speak english etc I find the game a bit restrictive, usually solo'ing, and then sometimes finding a team when you wanna can be a waiting game. Maybe I just burnt out playing EU PSU for so so long but I really wanna get back into playing PSU regular but I'm not sure where the difficulty lies :S

Tifa

Well for one, u probably went straight to GC missions, which in case, drop some really good weapons, in result basically kills the point of the game. (this is a sub reason why I dont do GC)

The playing with teams part is u can do random parties. There are Japanese people who can speak english. Most of the time when I join a party and someone says something to me, I tell them I cant speak Japanese and I'm American (its a shortcut). Usually they just say short answers and there are still some players who have Japanese names but are english speaking people (i've ran into a few).
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

my only difficulty is not knowing what any items are as i can't read a word of japanese..

otherwise i'm happy to solo and play with a few friends, as i'm far too low a level to try to join random groups. so that part doesn't bother me.

I ran with Bobby and a fraction of his friends over on JP. I really did enjoy it so much but, just the language as said is what turned me off the game. That and the Ping issue, but beggars cant be chosers
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

Language wise, I ddn't feel any dificulty. If you played PSU previously in the local servers you should have learned all the menus without even reading them, the only exception would be new things such as GAS and new missions with complex options, but after a couple tries you get a hang on it.

About the items, all you need to do is to learn katakana. If you played PSU as I said before, you should remember most of the "basic" items, but in any case, EVERYTHING is just katakana'ed "engrish", so the only prooblem would be to guess the japanese weird word that is supposed to mean "two headed ragnus", lol. You can actually have fun with that. And you can always use the pedia and find the item quickly.

But, if you're a new player who doesn't know a shit about the menus and items, and doesn't know japanese, then you won't have fun for some time. ^_^U

Quote Originally Posted by xBULLYDOGG View Post
    I ran with Bobby and a fraction of his friends over on JP. I really did enjoy it so much but, just the language as said is what turned me off the game. That and the Ping issue, but beggars cant be chosers
    what was ur ping?
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    what was ur ping?
    I dont actually know down to detail but i was noticing the time it took for hits to count etc. etc. I think i said that the ping issue wasnt what killed the game for me. If i didnt then I just did. I just got bored of Phantasy Star as it were but, may make a redux as a FM over there again at some time ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

Aw that sucks I actually had horrific unplayable ping on xbox PSU which is a shame as I'd have preferred to play that. Sure they don't have all the constant updates etc but i'd prefer to be on a predominantly english speaking server. Aw well nvm PSU is still awesome I guess I jsut can't play it half as much as i used to

Tifa

250ping for the win! thats why I gave up on JP Psu

JP server is pretty much soloing most of the time.

Don't listen to the promising words other importers spew out, they won't play with you. I'm being realistic. Most of the importers are at cap, and don't really plan on playing with lower lvl characters what SO EVER. And even if they have good intentions, theres only like 3 players online at a time.

NO one will help you level up. In my time on JP, the only importers that trained me were Vec/Momo and sometimes Odessa, and they're both busy as of late and probably tired of herding lambs. The rest of the time I was lucky to level up in random JP parties during events.

I like the importer community, don't get me wrong, but its every man for himself pretty much.