Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Family Values (Chapter Final)

Chapter One

Heidi was sitting up in her bed breathing heavily and holding her side. The light from Neudaiz moon shown through the slit in the window curtain creating a silver line on the wood floor. Arianna sat silently by the window, still in stand by mode. Heidi looked down at the little bot and smiled softly. She was safe in her new room at the Guardians Neudaiz branch. She had been reassigned to Neudaiz shortly after returning from her deep space adventure aboard the Landeel. The light drive Cerberus had recovered from his old space ship had burned out on the return trip so instead of a few hours it took them almost a month to return to Gurhal. Tylor and the other rogues were immediately put to work on getting the generators set up for the unification point on Moatoob and Jonathan, Heidi's father, had been assigned to help them even against his protests. This left Heidi in charge of locating her mother who had not been seen or heard from since they had left. She tried to take a deep breath and relieve the pain she felt in her ribs. It wasn't a physical pain though. It was mental as the memories of her field operation performed by Iceberg still haunted her. She went into the bathroom and downed a couple pain killers, then crawled back into bed. Even though she knew there was nothing physically wrong with her, Heidi still found the pills made the pain go away. She didn't like using them and most of the time just slept through the pain but some nights it was so bad she had no choice. Morning would arrive soon and she intended to go across the street to the Communion first thing and start searching for her mother. If Light Master Rutsu had done anything to hurt her mother, he would be very sorry. Heidi pulled the covers over her shoulders and drifted back to sleep.

Heidi was awakened by Arianna who continued to jab her arm.

"Ok, ok, I'm up." Heidi groaned.

"Forgive me Mistress Heidi but there is some one at the door." Arianna bowed.

"What?" Heidi frowned climbing out of bed, "What time is it?"

"Six thirty local time." Arianna replied.

Heidi shook her head slowly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes while she made her way to the door. She tapped the door button harder than it needed. The door slid open to a blonde Newman woman who looked about the same age as Heidi's mother.

"Miss Heidi?" The woman asked.

"Yes." Heidi nodded sleepily.

"Miss Heidi Kimble?" The woman asked again.

"Do I know you?" Heidi frowned.

"No, but my family knows you very well." The woman said, "May I come in?"

"Sure." Heidi shrugged and stepped aside.

The woman quickly pushed passed the girl and slowly looked around the room. Heidi frowned as she eyed the strange woman closely.

"Please forgive the intrusion." The woman said finally, "I didn't know who else to turn to."

"I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm still half asleep but I don't understand." Heidi frowned.

"Forgive me." The woman bowed, "My daughter has been missing for nearly three months now. The authorities say they have been searching but in those three months they haven't come up with anything. The only thing they could suggest is that she may have been kidnapped. No ransom has been issued and no one on any of the planets has seen her. Yesterday the search was officially called off and she has been considered dead."

"Dead?" Heidi frowned, "That doesn't sound right."

"I know in my heart that she's not dead." The woman said, "Normally our family wouldn't dream of coming to you for help but I don't know what else to do."

"Why wouldn't you come to us for help?" Heidi frowned, "Did we do something to you?'

"You really don't know who I am, do you?" The woman smirked.

Heidi just shook her head. The woman sat down on the window ledge and stared out at the city street.

"You are not the only Kimble family on Neudaiz." The woman said.

"What?" Heidi gasped, "That's impossible."

"Our family traces our blood line back to the aliens just as you do." The woman said, "Our family spawns from Alexander's second born son."

"There has never been a second born in our family." Heidi frowned.

"Alexander was still a full alien, not yet blended with Gurhal DNA." The woman said, "It was this mixing that prevented more than one child to be born in your family. Your family, the chosen line with the great destiny while ours was cast aside. What ever it was that was passed down through your line did not pass to ours. Obsessed with your great quest you shunned our family. Erasing us to the point where you don't even know we exist, but our family never forgot."

"I have family?" Heidi smiled.

"Your cousin is missing." The woman nodded, "We may barely be family now but I am desperate."

"Of course I'll help you." Heidi grinned, "Family is family after all."

"You really don't get it do you?" The woman frowned.

"What's to get?" Heidi shrugged, "I just found out I have a cousin. A whole family I never knew about. The fact that our family name doesn't die with me. This is very exciting."

"I'm glad you're happy." The woman grumbled, "Just find my daughter before it's too late."

She turned and started out the door. Heidi quickly grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Wait, I don't even know what she looks like."

"Well, if you're finished with your own satisfaction then I suppose I could give you the details." The woman grumbled.

"You don't have to be so rude." Heidi frowned.

"This is a picture of Amanda just before she disappeared." The woman said shoving a pad into Heidi's chest, "Just find her and do it quickly."

The woman turned and exited through the door before Heidi could respond. She frowned then looked down at the picture in her hands. The girl looked to be about the same age and other than the blonde hair she looked very much like Heidi.

"She is family." Heidi smiled.

"Excuse me Mistress Heidi." Arianna bowed, "Aren't you supposed to start the search for your mother today?"

"I was." Heidi nodded, "But I get the feeling this is a little more serious. This girl is in real trouble. I doubt the Communion would do any real harm to mom, they just won't tell us where she is."

"I'm confused Miss Heidi." Arianna frowned, "Is a cousin more important than a mother?"

"No." Heidi shook her head, "But she might be in a more dangerous situation."

Heidi looked down at the little bot for a moment as she pondered the situation. She clenched her fist and nodded.

"I need to talk to somebody." She said, "I just hope he's still on the colony."
    Last edited by Freeze; Jan 28, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

My reaction upon seeing this thread was one of great joy. I have not been this excited in quite some time. You're off to a great start, and I cannot wait to see where it goes from here.

Thanks Seth I'll try not to disappoint.

CHAPTER TWO

Just as she expected, Heidi found her big Guntecher friend at the local Clyez City Pub. The Rustic Ruin was a favourite gathering place for many off duty Guardians and Iceberg was no exception. Heidi found it strange that the big man was here with out his partner, Isis. The tall slender beast woman was very rarely not at his side especially since returning to Gurhal. The bar was decorated up to resemble an ancient jungle ruin. Everything from the fake stone tables, to the torch lamps, and the green vines crawling down the walls tried to create the intended atmosphere. Heidi thought it might work better if the place didn't reek of alcohol and vomit. She sighed as she stepped inside allowing the door to close behind her. No one bothered to give the newcomer so much as a glance. A shiver ran down Heidi's back as a sense of despair washed over her. She shook it off as she slowly weaved around the tables. She stopped beside Iceberg's chair and stared down at him.

"What do you want?" He asked not bothering to look up.

"I need your advice." She said sliding into the chair across from her.

"About what?" He grumbled.

"Hey!" The bartender called pointing at Heidi, "No children allowed in here!"

"I'm not a child!" Heidi protested jumping from her seat, "I am twenty three and I have every right to be in here!"

"No children look a likes then." The bartender replied, "If you look like a kid I don't want you here."

Two large beast men slid from their chairs and stood by the bar obviously ready for a fight, even if it meant fighting a Newman woman half their size.

"Fine, I'll be just a minute then I'll leave." Heidi waved her hand.

"No, you will leave now." The bartender said.

The two beast men started for her. Iceberg continued to stare into his mug. Heidi took up a defensive stance.

"Look guys, I didn't come here for a fight." Heidi said, "I just need to talk to my friend."

"It's not personal." One beast said, "We just don't like your kind here."

"Maybe it is personal." The other chuckled.

"What kind might that be?" Heidi growled.

"A Newman woman who thinks she's a warrior." The beast man growled, "I know you."

"Wartecher." His friend spat, "You don't deserve to be called war anything. Go back to playing with your little wands."

"More Wartecher hate." Heidi growled, "What is with this growing trend."

"Oh, we don't hate Wartechers." The beast man shrugged.

"We just hate weakling little girls pretending to be Wartechers." His friend spat, "Or any other kind of fighter."

Iceberg chuckled softly but remained in his seat. The beast men pushed a couple tables over as they approached Heidi.

"Um, are you going to help?" Heidi muttered to Iceberg.

He said nothing and took a sip from his drink.

"Oh great." Heidi growled.

The lead beast took a swing at Heidi. She easily deflected it and returned a shot of her own straight into the beast man's gut. He stumbled back more from the shock of being attacked than the actual impact. His friend immediately jumped in and tried to grab her. She dropped to the floor out of his grasp and drove the heal of her boot into his groin. The man dropped like a rock. She quickly jumped to her feet and readied for the instant attack from the first beast. He swung with a one two jab that she easily blocked. This just made him angrier and attack faster. She blocked each swing then drove one of her own into the side of her face. A small trickle of blood ran from the man's nose. He wiped it away with a chuckle.

"So you've got spirit. I'm going to really enjoy this."

"Are you going to attack me or shall we just continue this dance." Heidi waved him forward.

"I am going to break every bone in your body little one." The beast said.

He threw a straight line punch that Heidi easily dodged but this brought her inline for his second swing that she took right in the ribs. The sheer power of the impact sent her falling back. The beast tried to kick her but she rolled away springing to her feet gasping to regain her breath.

"Not as tough as we pretended?" The beast man smirked.

"Don't kid yourself." Heidi grinned, "I've been hit a lot harder than that. Now are you going to hit me or are you afraid of a little girl?"

"Why you little…" The beast charged forward.

Heidi swung her leg up driving her boot hard into the man's chest knocking him back. She jumped forward landing two punches square to the man's face. Even though she was half his size she managed to drive him back. On her third punch he grabbed her fist then drove his into her face knocking her to the ground. She tried to drive her boot into his stomach but he grabbed it and lifted her off the ground.

"I am growing really tired of this little one." He sighed.

"Me too." Heidi growled and slammed her forehead into his gut.

He dropped her to the ground as he keeled over. She leaped to her feet and drove her knee into his head. This forced him to stand up straight only to receive a fist square to the nose. Heidi felt the cartilage break as her fist landed. The beast man dropped to the floor. He friend slowly stood up still holding his groin. He took one look at the girl and limped away. The bartender just looked down at the glass he was cleaning. Heidi heard a single pair of hands clapping behind her. She turned around to see Iceberg smiling up at her and slowly clapping his hands. Heidi frowned at him as she wiped the blood from her nose.

"I knew you could handle those too thugs." He said.

"Aren't you supposed to help your friends?" Heidi frowned.

"Helping you wouldn't have helped you." Iceberg replied.

"Huh?" She frowned taking a seat.

"You just proved yourself and earned the respect of everyone in this bar." Iceberg said, "No one will ever ask you to leave ever again. I am proud of you."

"That is the nicest thing you've ever said to me." Heidi beamed.

"What is it you need?" Iceberg frowned.

Heidi quickly explained the encounter with the strange woman and about her cousin and the situation with her mother. Iceberg absorbed the information then nodded when Heidi finished.

"So, what do I do?" Heidi shrugged.

"If your cousin has been kidnapped by rogues then that is the immediate situation." Iceberg said, "We know your mother is with the Communion so I can't see her being in any real threat. I would go after your cousin before it's too late, if it isn't already."

"Thanks Iceberg." Heidi smiled, "Say, where's Isis?"

"I'm not sure." Iceberg grumbled.

"Too bad, I wanted to say hi." Heidi shrugged and headed for the exit, "See you later."

"Later." Iceberg mumbled.

Heidi decided to head for Guardians HQ next. She needed more information on the abduction cases so she could figure out where to start looking. Mina was seated behind the front desk just as she was every day. Heidi began to wonder if the woman ever went home. Mina smiled as Heidi approached the desk.

"Hello Heidi, how may I help you?"

"I need all the information you have on abduction cases reported on Neudaiz." Heidi replied.

"That's a very big file." Mina frowned, "Any particular reason?"

"Seems I've been hire on a missing persons case." Heidi shrugged, "I need to know where to start."

"Private contracts are not allowed in the Guardians." Mina frowned, "It can land you in serious trouble."

"It's family Mina." Heidi replied, "Please don't tell anyone."

"Ok, if it's family." Mina nodded, "I'll take you off active duty as well so you won't be called in. Laia won't like it with us being short on Guardians…"

"Thanks Mina." Heidi smiled as she grabbed the data pad from Mina.

She waved to the receptionist as she headed for the main door and then to the Neudaiz PPT gate that would take her home.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

And thats how it happened. Good one!

CHAPTER THREE

Heidi returned to her room at the Neudaiz Guardians Branch and flopped down on her bed still feeling very frustrated with Iceberg. She understood why he did what he did; she just didn't like it very much. She picked up the remote and turned on the viewer screen that was still tuned into channel five. She picked up the pad Mina had given her and began reading through the information. The viewer chimed with the familiar theme of the local news cast.

"Oh no not Hal." Heidi muttered.

She sighed and looked up at the screen as the channel five symbol disappeared from the screen. The purple haired news reporter dressed in black beamed into the camera.

"Hi!" Hal waved in her way too chipper style, "This is Gurhal Channel Five News. I'm your reporter, Hal. Today's top story is, right here."

She waved as the news story window appeared beside her. Heidi looked back down at her pad and continued reading.

"Recent reports from Melvore Memorial Penatentury on Parum has confirmed the escape of Illuminus member and terrorist the cast known as Kireek." Hal continued.

Heidi gasped as her attention instantly turned to the screen.

"Prison officials say the cast attacked several guards this morning injuring four and killing two." Hal reported, "He escaped prison grounds on a prison shuttle that was dropping off new prisoners and was last seen headed for Moatoob. President Laia Martinez has put all Guardians in the area on alert but due to the large work load of the confinement system preparations there are few Guardians available to handle this situation. Resistants are warned that if they see this cast they should take all efforts to avoid contact. Remember Kireek is extremely dangerous. For Gurhal Channel Five News I'm your news reporter Hal. Bye, bye."

"Kireek is free?" Heidi gasped.

Arianna stared up at her master with a slight tilt of her head. As a Partner Machine, basic emotions were beyond her but she understood the danger that this Kireek presented. Heidi just stared at the image of the pool in her room floor. The replicated water shimmered and rippled just like real water. Heidi shook her head and looked down at her pad.

"Why do things keep coming between me and my mother?" Heidi sighed, "Well Kireek can wait. First I need to find my cousin then I find my mother and nothing will get in my way."

"Hal said Kireek was headed for Moatoob." Arianna said, "Isn't that where you need to begin your search?"

"It's a big planet. I doubt I would run into him." Heidi shrugged, "We should start by asking around Dagora city and see if anyone knows anything."

"We?" Arianna frowned.

"You don't think I'm going alone on this do you?" Heidi grinned.

"I had thought so yes." Arianna nodded.

"You were wrong." Heidi said.

She grabbed the PM by the arm and dragged her out the door.

The hot arid desert wind dropped down from the higher cliffs whipping sand at the inhabitants as it blew through Dagora City. Heidi pulled up the collar of her pink western top to shield her face from the whipping sand. The local Beasts standing around or walking by didn't seem to be bothered by it. Heidi envied them for it.

"Must be all that fur." She chuckled to herself.

A frown from a beast woman standing across from her told her that she had said it a little too loud. Heidi quickly smiled back with a shrug then headed up the ramp toward the Guardians branch and flyer base. She got part way there then decided to turn left and head for the local pub. If there was anyone in the city that could help her they would be there. She stopped at the top of the stairs and took a quick glance at the old beast man standing by the ledge staring out into the desert. Heidi couldn't remember a time when she hadn't seen the man there. She shook her head slowly then made her way down to Gwak's pub. She stepped through the door and took a quick look around. Most of the booths were full of dirty and worn down beasts. Most were quite content to sit quietly with their friends and guzzle down their drinks. A group of four sitting in the back were the exception. They were making quite a bit of noise laughing and telling stories and the occasional dirty joke. No one seemed to pay any attention to the Newman girl. Heidi started for the bar.

"HEY!" Gwak barked.

"Huh?" Heidi gasped.

"I don't serve their kind here." Gwak glared.

"Who are you…" Heidi started.

"You're PM." Gwak pointed, "I don't serve them here. It will have to wait outside."

Heidi turned and looked down at her PM. The little bot just stared right back at her.

"You better wait outside." Heidi frowned.

"Yes Miss Heidi." Arianna nodded and headed back out the door.

Heidi found a seat at the end of the bar next to a large black furred male beast. He absolutely reeked and it took every ounce of Heidi's self control not to gage. He looked down at her and snorted before returning to his drink. Gwak stepped up to her and placed a glass in front of her.

"So, what will you have?" He spat.

"I'm looking for information." Heidi replied.

"Not before a drink." Gwak snorted.

"I don't really drink." Heidi said softly, "Anything alcohol free?"

"Not in this place sweetie." Gwak snorted a laugh, "Either order a drink or get out."

"Something not too strong then." Heidi sighed.

Gwak snorted at her as he pulled a small flask from behind the bar and poured a light brown liquid in her glass. Heidi picked it up and gave it a sniff. The smell was absolutely repulsive. She quickly drew it away and frowned.

"You're not supposed to smell it." Gwak laughed.

This drew the attention of the other patrons. Several joined Gwak in his enjoyment and now all eyes where on this Newman girl.

"This stuff is fowl." Heidi gagged.

"Just drink it down." Gwak tapped the bar.

"This better be worth the information." Heidi muttered and took a swig.

She slammed the glass down and began coughing. The other patrons all laughed and clanked glasses. Heidi wiped her mouth and shot Gwak a nasty frown.

"Stronger men have failed to drink a whole shot of that stuff." Gwak laughed as he took her glass away.

"That was not funny." Heidi growled her mouth still burning, "How about some water?"

Gwak nodded and served her a glass which she quickly downed. The beast next to her just huffed and returned to his drink.

"How about what I came in here for?" Heidi said staring into her glass.

"What is it ye seek darling?" Gwak chuckled.

"I'm looking for a Newman girl." Heidi said, "She looks like me only with blonde hair. She was kidnapped from her home on Neudaiz. I know about the slave trading here on Moatoob. Any info on where would be most helpful."

"You really think something like that would be floating around in a place like this?" Gwak sneered.

"You're a bartender." Heidi smirked, "You hear things."

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." Gwak shrugged.

"Look Gwak, I don't want any trouble but if you know something you better tell me." Heidi glared.

"Tough words from such a little…"

Before Gwak could finish he found a dagger at his throat. The other beasts started to move forward to help.

"Don't!" Heidi barked, "Look Gwak, I have nothing against you but this girl is my cousin and I intend to find her."

"Alright just put the knife away." Gwak nodded.

Heidi pulled the weapon away and placed it back in her Nanotransformer. The beast next to her was now staring at her with his mouth hanging open.

"Yes?" Heidi shot.

"I think I love you." He drooled.

Now it was Heidi's turn to snort and turn away. She glared at Gwak and tapped the bar.

"I don't know anything." Gwak shook his head, "But I do know someone who might."

He waved her over to the end of the bar closest to the door and drew her in close.

"There's a band of miners in the southern continent working under the company name Granite Unlimited." Gwak said, "They are generally based out of the small town of Eramosa. There tends to be more personnel shuttles coming and going than there are cargo ships. Every now and then one of the lower workers comes in here for a drink when they come for supplies and talks about their new shipment of real beauties he calls them."

"Thanks Gwak." Heidi nodded, "Sorry about the dagger."

She waved and headed for the door.

"No problem sweetie." Gwak waved, "Be sure to pay us a visit again.

"Ya right." Heidi muttered as the door closed behind her.

The taste of the awful drink still lingered on her tongue. She quickly climbed the stairs to find her PM waiting by the old beast man still staring out at the desert.

"Arianna?" Heidi frowned.

The PM turned and bowed slightly.

"You're not bothering this man are you?" Heidi asked.

"Not at all." The man laughed, "It was just the right company to lift an old man's spirits."

"Arianna?" Heidi frowned.

"Yes, quite a friendly little bot you've got there." The man laughed.

It was now that Heidi got a good look at him. She was stunned to find he was actually blind.

"Well, I'm sorry to pull her away from you but we do have business to attend to." Heidi said.

"The work of a Guardian is never done huh?" The man shrugged, "Then off with you child. Youth should not be wasted on the old."

"I wish I had time to dispute that with you but my time is hard pressed." Heidi bowed and dragged Arianna away.

The old man quietly turned back to the desert and stared out at the open plains. Heidi quickly dragged Arianna over the flyer base where she purchased two tickets to the southern port of Black Creek. From there they would have to make their way south to Eramosa. Heidi sighed and led her PM to the flyer.

CHAPTER FOUR

The flyer ride was smooth and uneventful. Heidi slept most of the trip and felt quite refreshed and ready for action by the time the flyer reacted Black Creek spaceport. She quickly filed off the flyer with the other passengers, made her way through security, and out the exit. She was hit by the hot humid air the moment she stepped out the door. It was nothing like the dry desert air of Dagora City. Beads of sweat started forming on her forehead. She quickly wiped them away.

"Not used to the humidity huh?" A short beast man chuckled.

"I wasn't expecting it." She shrugged.

"It's caused by the cooling lake on the far side of town and the falls that feed it." The beast pointed, "Puts a lot of moisture in the air and makes is hotter than hell here."

"Can you point me in the direction of Eramosa?" Heidi asked.

"Eramosa?" The beast man gasped, "Why would a pretty little thing like you want to go to a hell hole like that?"

"I have business there." Heidi replied.

"Can't imagine what that would be but if you're sure then you want to head south." The man pointed, "I suggest renting a Longe. It's too long a trip to make on foot and their pretty hardy animals.

"Thank you." Heidi nodded.

She spotted a small beast girl with a Longe hooked to a cart sitting across the street. With Arianna in tow, Heidi quickly crossed the street.

"Looking for a ride lady?" The girl asked as Heidi approached.

"I'm looking for a place to rent Longe." Heidi replied.

"I know just the place." The girl nodded, "I'll take you there for fifty meseta."

"Deal." Heidi nodded.

She and Arianna quickly climbed into the cart. The girl climbed onto the front seat and snapped the reins setting the Longe into motion. Longe chirped happily as it trotted down the dirt road. It looked like an ostrich dinosaur mix. It barked happily as they passed another cart headed back to the port. The beast girl drove the cart to the out side of town stopping at a large ranch.

"This is it." The girl said turning to face Heidi, "Just talk to Ren and tell him Chara sent you."

"I will." Heidi nodded.

She climbed down from the cart and quickly paid the girl. The cart pulled away and headed back for the space port. Heidi wiped the bead of sweat from her forehead and started down the gravel laneway that lead to the ranch house and the brown wooden barn next to it.

"A wood building." Heidi shook her head, "You don't see these much anymore."

"It is very unusual considering the rarity of such materials on this planet." Arianna replied.

"In other words it would cost a small fortune to build something like this." Heidi replied.

"Yes Miss Heidi." Arianna nodded.

"It didn't a hundred and fifty years ago." A voice said.

Heidi turned to face a large red furred beast standing behind her. He glared down at the white haired Newman.

"A little far from home aren't we?" He frowned.

"I'm here on business." Heidi said, "I was told you could rent me a riding Longe."

"You were told right." The man growled, "But those are for crossing the desert. What would a fragile little thing like you be trying to cross such a nasty place like that for?"

"Not really your business but I need it to get to Eramosa." Heidi replied.

"Eramosa!" The man laughed, "Sweetie that place will eat you alive."

"Why does everyone keep calling me sweetie?" Heidi grumbled then said, "My safety isn't your concern."

"Nope, but the safety of my Longe is and I want it returned." The man shrugged.

"Any losses you suffer will be compensated by the Guardians." Heidi replied.

"Money isn't the issue." He shook his head, "Every one of these Longe is very dear to me."

"I can understand that but you are also in the business of renting riding Longe." Heidi said growing a little frustrated, "So are we going to do business or am I just wasting my time?"

"Very well." The man sighed, "Follow me."

He led Heidi behind the barn to a pen full of full grown Longe. They were peacefully grazing on the lush grass that had just been put down by one of the farm hands. The man who Heidi assumed must be Ren, carefully looked over each one before pointing at a husky looking one near the back of the herd.

"That one should be able to carry you and your little bot just fine." Ren said, "I won't risk more than one."

"I understand and accept." Heidi nodded and paid the man.

Ren quickly fetched the Longe from the pen and lead it and Heidi back out to the street. Heidi quickly climbed on and Ren lifted Arianna up behind her.

"Just follow this road until you come to an intersection then turn left and keep heading south." Ren said, "The mining town of White Rock lies between here and Amerosa. Do not go through that town. They are very unwelcoming to Guardians and I suspect it's controlled by rogues with Illuminus ties."

"Thanks for the tip." Heidi smiled and cracked the reins.

Longe made a deep throated growl and it bolted off down the road. Ren watched them go with a slight frown on his face. The farm hand stepped up beside him and looked at the Guardian disappearing in the distance.

"Contact Chaz." Ren said to the hand, "Tell him he may have trouble shortly."

The farm hand nodded and went back to the barn.

The hot desert sun continued to beat down on the two travelers as they rode down the dusty gravel covered road. The Longe didn’t seem to notice as it happily trotted along. Heidi was not doing as well. The sweat poured down her forehead and if she didn’t continually wipe it away, it would sting her eyes. By midday she reached the intersection the Ren had spoke of. She brought the Longe to a stop and took a swig from her canteen. The water was hot now but still a welcome relief to a dry dusty throat. She wiped her mouth and stored the canteen. The sign post between the two roads was broken off at the middle with the old wooden signs lying on the ground close by. Heidi studied the road to the right then the one to the left. Ren had told her to go left but the right road looked much more invited as it headed for the mountains which promised cooler temperatures and fresh water.

“I am going to be so sunburned.” Heidi groaned as she once again wiped away the sweat, “I should have brought a hat.”

Arianna just nodded. Heidi cracked the reins and the Longe chirped as it began its trot down the desert road. The road began a gentle decent into a wide valley where White Rock called home. Heidi’s eyes went wide as the town came into view. It was every bit as modern as anything found on Parum. White and steel coloured metal buildings dotted the landscape. All the roads were paved with white cobble stone and beasts of all sizes scurried from shop to shop. There was not a mechanical vehicle in site. Many people opted to ride the two legged Longe just like the one Heidi rode. She stopped at a ledge overlooking the town. She knew she had been warned to stay away but the town was very inviting to a desert beaten traveler.

“If we head east we can circumvent the city Mistress Heidi.” Arianna nodded.

“We aren’t going around.” Heidi replied.

“But we were warned to stay away.” Arianna frowned which looked very odd on the PM.

“I know but I need fresh water and rest.” Heidi shrugged, “I need to get out of this sun for a while and I could really use a hat.”

“I do not believe this wise.” Arianna shook her head.

“I find it hard to believe that this bright clean place is home to rogues and thugs.” Heidi pointed.

She cracked the whip and headed for the town. The Longe happily trotted down the path and onto the main street. No one paid the newcomers much attention. Heidi brought her Longe up to the front of a café and tied it up to a post. She helped her PM down then strolled through the front door picking a table near the front window. A young beast woman quickly stepped up to the table and set a pad down in front of Heidi.

“May I get you a drink to start?” She asked.

“Koltova juice.” Heidi replied.

The woman nodded and hurried off to fill the order. She returned quickly setting the glass down then disappeared again. Heidi took a sip of her cold juice but couldn’t shake the sudden feeling she was being watched. Arianna scanned the room then tapped Heidi on the arm.

“Mistress Heidi, those two beast men in the back corner are watching us.”

“You sure?” Heidi asked looking to the table Arianna indicated.

“Every other patron has cast casual glances our way.” Arianna nodded, “Those two have been constantly watching us since we walked in.”

“That explains my feeling of being watched.” Heidi sighed and took another sip of her juice.

The waitress returned to the table but she was not smiling.

“Is there anything else I can get you?” She asked.

“Uh, no.” Heidi replied, “But I do need a place to spend the night. Could you direct me to a motel or an inn?”

“Two blocks down is the Sunset Inn.” The waitress replied and dropped the pad containing Heidi’s bill on the table.

Heidi watched the girl walk away then picked up the pad.

“Is it just me or has it suddenly gotten cold in here?”

“I have not detected any change in the internal temperature of this building.” Arianna replied, “Though the outside temperature has dropped by three degrees due to the sun beginning to set.”

Heidi’s head dropped into her hands.

“Arianna, it was just an expression.” Heidi mumbled through her hands.

“My apologies.” Arianna nodded.

Heidi let out a deep sigh then quickly paid for her drink. She set the pad down then looked over at the table at the back. It was empty. She quickly scanned the room looking for the two beast men but they were gone. Arianna tapped Heidi on the arm again.

“What?” She asked looking down at the bot.

“Our Longe is gone.” Arianna pointed.

“What!” Heidi exclaimed jumping from her seat.

She burst through the café doors and looked to the empty post in front. She looked down both sides of the street but there was no sign of her Longe.

“This is just great.” Heidi growled clenching her fists.

“Mistress, I suggest we head for this inn.” Arianna said, “This town may not be safe at night.”

“I’m beginning to think this town isn’t safe during the day.” Heidi grumbled.

She turned and headed down the street. The inn wasn’t too hard to find. There was an old beast man working behind the desk. A large old model Cast stood in the corner by the stairs leading to the second floor. Heidi eyed him for a moment then turned away when the Cast failed to do anything. She stepped up to the desk and smiled at the man.

“I’d like a room for the night.” She said.

“Hmmm.” The man replied eyeing her, “Not often we get Newmans in here. Especially pretty young ones.”

Heidi smiled and blushed a little.

“Not unless they’re Guardians.” The man continued.

Heidi’s smile quickly disappeared.

“You’re not a Guardian are you?” He asked glaring at her with his good eye.

“Of course not.” Heidi shook her head, “Just a traveler headed for Aramosa.”

“With a Partner Machine.” The old man pointed, “A Guardians Partner Machine.”

“She’s an older model that I picked up at a surplus store on Parum.” Heidi replied, “With Guardians dropping left and right from the Seed attacks these things are a dime a dozen.”

“I thought the Guardians kept a tight rein on who got their hands on things like this.” The old man frowned.

“Are you kidding?” Heidi sneered, “With an incompetent leader like Martinez they’re lucky they haven’t been all wiped out already. The Guardians are doomed. They won’t last a year. Besides when has anything like security stopped the black market?”

“True enough.” The man grinned, “Room 208.”

He handed her a key card and Heidi swiped her Meseta card then took the key and headed for the stairs.

“Check out is at eleven.” The man called after her.

“Thanks.” Heidi waved and disappeared up the stairs.

“She’s lying.” The Cast said.

“I know that.” The old man waved him off

“What do we do?” The Cast asked.

“Nothing.” The man snapped, “We’ll keep watch but we do nothing. Hopefully she’s just passing through and will be gone in the morning.”

“It would be easier and more beneficial to eliminate her.” The cast replied.

“No!” The man turned and glared at the cast, “That would bring the Guardians down on us. We remain quiet and lay low.”

The cast grumbled something then resumed his statue like appearance.

Heidi entered her room and took a quick look around. It was sparsely furnished with a single bed, end table, and a viewer screen on the wall. The attached bathroom was small with a shower and a wash sink. Arianna did a full scan of the room then gave Heidi the all clear. Heidi hit the shower first eager to get the desert sand off of her. She found towels and a bathrobe in the closet. The robe was a little big but it would do the job. She quickly stripped her cloths and hopped in the shower. She kept the temperature cool as to not aggravate her sunburn. Getting the sand out of her hair proved the biggest challenge. Once she was done she towelled dry and put the robe on. It was very cozy and warm. She picked her clothes off of the floor and dropped them on the end of the bed before collapsing on it.

“It really is the simplest things in life that are the best.” She smiled as she spread out on the bed.

Arianna nodded but said nothing more. Heidi quickly drifted off to sleep being much more worn out than she thought.

A crash in the night awoke Heidi from her relaxing sleep. She was still lying on top of the bed in her bath robe. She quickly sat up listening with her sensitive Newman ears. Some one was walking down the hall to her room. She quickly scrambled for her nanotransformer. It was still lying on the end of the bed. She pulled her S red Blades from the transformer and slid off the bed. She quietly tiptoed over to the door inching herself tight against the wall. The door slid open with a soft swish and someone quietly crept into the room. Heidi slid in behind them and drove the butt of her dagger hilt into the back of the persons head. She heard them hit the floor with a thud. Heidi quickly fumbled for the light switch gasping when the lights came on. On the floor groaning was the old man from the desk. Heidi dropped her dagger hilts and rolled him over grabbing him by the collar.

“What are you doing in my room?” She growled.

“I didn’t know you were awake.” The man replied.

“I wasn’t.” Heidi glared.

“Curse those Newman ears.” The man said, “Those beautiful Newman ears.”

Heidi scoffed and dropped him. She went back to the door and bent down to pick up her daggers.

“And that nice shapely firm Newman butt.” The man nearly drooled.

Heidi shot up straight and spun to face him.

“That’s it.” She pointed, “I want you out now.”

“But we haven’t even gotten to the fun part.” The man said taking a step closer, “Now, why don’t you just drop that robe and I’ll show you why we’re called beasts.”

A dagger blade appeared at his throat stopping him cold.

“Two options.” Heidi hissed, “You walk out or I drag you out.”

“I… I think I’ll walk.” The man stuttered.

With hands up he slowly slid around the girl and out the door. Heidi never moved her dagger away until he was out and the door closed. She sighed and stowed her daggers. Arianna quickly moved to stand in front of the door where she would remain for the night.

The old beast man sighed as the door closed on his face. He turned to go back to his room only to run into the chest of the Cast.

“So, this is why you wanted the girl left alone.” The cast growled.

“I just wanted a little fun.” The man shrugged, “She would be dead by morning.”

“Yes, she will.” The Cast said his hand shooting out to grab the man's throat.

He lifted the man off the ground then began to squeeze.

“You have been relieved of duty.” The cast said and the man went limp as his neck snapped.

The Cast turned and headed back down the stairs dragging the dead beast man with him.

CHAPTER FIVE

Heidi awoke the next morning feeling refreshed and energetic. She climbed out of bed, quickly pulled on her clothes and equipped her gear. With Arianna in tow, Heidi descended the stairs stopping at the front desk. There was no one manning the desk.

“Hello!” She called, “I’m ready to check out now!”

She waited for a moment then shrugged placing the key card on the desk.

“I guess no one is home today.” She said looking down at the little PM, “Well we better get going; we’ve got a long trip ahead.”

“Wrong.” A metallic voice said.

Heidi looked over at the Cast standing in the corner. It stepped out from the shadows and pointed its finger at her.

“We know who you are.” It said, “You will not leave this town alive.”

“Huh, why?” Heidi frowned.

“We can not let you interfere with our business here.” The Cast said, “Many Guardians have tried before. All have failed.”

“What business?” Heidi squinted, “What are you talking about?”

“You are here about the Illuminus black market.” The cast stated.

“I don’t know anything about that.” Heidi replied, “I’m just passing through. I’m looking for my cousin.”

The Cast suddenly realised he had erred. It was too late now. The Guardian knew and she must die.

“I apologise.” The Cast said, “I have signed your death certificate. Before you may have passed with out interference but now you know too much.”

“Thanks a lot.” Heidi glared drawing her daggers, “Be warned, I’m not an easy target.”

“You think you pose a challenge to a Cast?” He grinned.

“I’ve taken down bigger bots than you.” Heidi pointed a dagger at him, “You don’t want to take me on, but if you really insist on this then come on.”

“You will regret those words.” The cast grinned.

He drew a pair of claws from his nanotransformer and charged. Heidi quickly put up her daggers in defence expecting the attack. Instead the cast barrelled into her driving her though the inns front window and out into the street. People quickly crowded around to watch the fight. Heidi was slow to her feet. The cast drove in with claws swinging once, twice, three, and a fourth driving straight into her line shield. The shield sparked and shimmered as it reached its limits. The cast drove in again expecting an easy kill. Heidi dropped to the ground and rolled toward the cast causing him to run passed her. She sprang to her feet twisting around, driving her dagger into his line shield. The shield easily deflected the blow but like hers, it too lost energy. She followed with two more quick swipes before the cast spun around. He used his momentum to drive his fist into her cheek. Her shield gave out absorbing some of his strike. The metal fist still smashed into her head knocking her to the ground. Dazed and semiconscious, Heidi crawled back trying to put some distance between her and her attacker. The Cast strolled right up to her and reached down to grab her by the neck.

“This was far too easy.” He sneered lifting her up off of the ground, “I would have expected better from a Guardian.”

Heidi went limp and closed her eyes still holding on to her daggers. The Cast frowned and tilted his head studying the unusual reaction. This girl should be struggling for her life not simply hanging there. It took all the fun out of the final kill. Heidi started to glow with the red light of fire.

“What is this?” The cast gasped holding her out at full arms length.

Heidi’s arms lifted up sticking straight out to her sides. The light became brighter and a ring of sparkling fire began to circle her head. Just as the Cast was about to drop her, she flashed in a blinding light and a ball of Foie blasted out from her chest driving the cast back. Heidi floated back to the ground landing on her feet ever so softly. The crowd gasped and backed away. The cast groaned and slowly sat up. He looked down to see a blackened hole in his chest. Vital circuits and fluids were draining away. Heidi softly walked up to him, her eyes still closed and yet she looked directly at him.

“You were warned.” Heidi said calmly, “You chose to ignore it and now you will pay.”

“What are you?” The Cast horsed.

Heidi bent down staring him in the eyes, hers were still closed.

“I am a Hunter.” She replied and lifted her palm up to his head.

A ball of Foie shot out blasting the casts head clean off. Heidi let out a deep breath and opened her eyes. The fiery glow instantly disappeared. She looked at all the stunned faces staring back at her. She spotted Arianna standing in the crowd and waved to the bot.

“Come on, we’ve got a long journey ahead.”

“Yes Mistress.” Arianna replied and ran to catch up to her owner.

The crowd quickly parted for her as she headed out of town. The two companions were watched until they were well on their way into the desert. They came across an abandoned cargo hauler a little while later. The thing didn’t run but Heidi did find three bottles of fresh water and a baseball cap to wear. She also found a data pad containing a map of the area and a direct route to Aramosa.

“If only this hauler still worked.” Heidi sighed taking one last look before leaving it behind.

As they continued to walk along the road, Heidi couldn’t shake this strange itchy feeling in the back of her mind. It had started just after her fight and now it was getting worse.

“Ugh.” She gasped and began scratching her neck, “I can’t take this itch.”

The itch suddenly moved down to her nanotransformer. She quickly removed the device and the itch disappeared but her transformer began vibrating.

“Nanotransformers do not normally act like that.” Arianna said.

“So what’s wrong with it?” Heidi frowned and gave the device a tap.

It flashed a bright white light forcing Heidi to shield her eyes. The light faded almost as quickly as it came. Heidi looked down to see a little blue fox floating over her nanotransformer. The fox looked up at her and meowed happily.

“Sato!” Heidi gasped, “What are you doing here? I told you to stay in our room.”

The Mag meowed again and floated up to her position over Heidi’s left shoulder.

“I was trying to go undercover.” Heidi frowned at the Mag, “How am I supposed to do that with you here?”

The Mag just stared back at her. Heidi sighed and shook her head deciding she was beaten.

“You two are going to drive me to the loony bin.”

As the sun continued to climb in the sky so did the temperature. By mid afternoon Heidi was drenched in her own sweat and dragging her feet. She had tried to use her water sparingly but even know it was getting low and she hadn’t even made it through one day. It was a one day journey by Longe but they moved much faster than a human. By foot Heidi was at least another day and a half away with no relief in sight from the sun and according to the map, no sources of water. She went to take another sip from her bottle but decided against it and stored it away.

“Miss Heidi.” Arianna finally said after hours of silence, “You’re vital signs do not look good. You are badly dehydrated and with out more water…”

Arianna let the final thought hang. Although she was just a Partner Machine and not even as advanced as a Cast with their emotional A.I.s, she had still grown fond of her owner and she would miss Heidi if something happened to her.

“I don’t understand it.” Heidi said stopping and looking down at her feet, “I just passed the Guardians fitness test. With my condition and four bottles of water I should have no problem lasting three days in this.”

“But you are down to one and half bottles.” Arianna frowned.

“Arianna.” Heidi spun around and looked down at the little bot, “Full toxic scan.”

“I need a blood sample for that.” Arianna said, “And even then my systems are very limited.”

“Just do it.” Heidi said and jabbed her arm with the tip of one her daggers.

Arianna hadn’t even seen her take it out. Such an obvious over sight was most uncommon for her. She took note of it in her memory then wiped the trickle of blood off of Heidi’s arm and began her scan. Heidi stowed her dagger then put her hand on the tiny cut to stop the bleeding. Arianna stood frozen for a minute as she put all her processing power into the blood scan. Arianna’s head shot up.

“Mistress, I am detecting several toxins in your blood including Kakwane venom.” Arianna reported.

Kakwane were the bipedal frog like creatures native to the restricted Habirao F.D. area on Neudaiz. Kakwane were very aggressive and always hunted in groups. Kakwane have the ability to poison their prey through a nasty bit or by slashing with their claws. If the prey does manage to escape from the attack and survive the initial shock of the poison, they poison has a secondary effect of dehydrating the prey. Heidi suddenly looked very sick as she pulled her canteen and the last water bottle from her nanotransformer. She handed the canteen to Arianna first. The PM did a quick scan and shook her head. Heidi handed her the water bottle next and after a brief moment Arianna nodded her head.

“I was set up.” Heidi growled, “It was all a trap.”

“Why, that Cast was supposed to kill you.” Arianna asked.

“One of two possibilities.” Heidi replied holding up two fingers, “First, he wasn’t originally going to kill me and something changed, or this was a back up plan in case he lost.”

“This would take time to set up.” Arianna replied scanning the area, “It is possible it was done during the night or…”

“Or it was done while we were on our way here.” Heidi finished.

“Perhaps this whole mission is a trap.” Arianna suggested, “And that woman isn’t really a relative.”

“That would mean someone is trying to eliminate me personally.” Heidi shook her head, “I can’t see that. I haven’t made any real enemies except maybe Kireek and he just escaped from prison. He hasn’t had enough time to set this up, and I’m just not that important or a high enough ranked Guardian for anyone to benefit from my death.”

Heidi began walking alone the road headed for Aramosa. She dropped the poisoned water bottle letting the water spill out onto the desert sand. She stared down at her feet as she marched along; pondering everything she had just learned. She wanted to believe that woman. She wanted to believe that she had family elsewhere in the system. No, it had to be the truth and she was being attacked simply because she was a Guardian.

“I believe my Aunt.” Heidi said softly, “I believe I have a cousin and she’s in trouble.”

“Yes Miss Heidi.” Arianna replied.

Sato gave a soft meow landing on Heidi’s shoulder. She gave the Mag a little pat then concentrated on the long walk ahead. She soon ran out of water and yet her thirst remained. She soon found it difficult to think straight and had to force her self to concentrate solely on reaching Aramosa. There would she find a cure. Arianna was also finding difficult to process information and found her self concentrating on the simple task of walking. She couldn’t shake the nagging sense that there was a very simple solution to her master’s problem. Every time she diverted processing power to the problem she encountered a very painful error. The sun began to dip low in the sky and the temperature began to drop as well. By now, Heidi’s vision had blurred to the point were everything was just fuzzy outlines. Her feet felt like lead and every step was a struggle. Arianna had fallen behind and one of her feet was now dragging in the sand. Heidi took a step and stumbled falling to the ground. She tried to get up but her legs refused to work. She dragged her self through the sand for a couple arm lengths then she could go no further. Her head hit the ground and the cold darkness of unconscious consumed her.

CHAPTER SIX

Heidi awoke in a dimly lit room. She was lying on a small cot with two large beast men staring down at her.

“I still think we should have finished her in the desert.” The man on the right mumbled.

“That would be a waste of a perfect business opportunity.” The man on the left replied, “Look at her. A well built physical specimen such as her will retrieve quite a profit from our customers.”

“Ya, what ever.” The right man shrugged not fully understanding what his partner said, “The fact is she is a Guardian and dealing Guardians is very dangerous.”

“Please.” The left man waved, “Once she’s sold off and lost in the slave network no one will ever find her and better yet no one will ever find us.”

“They will track her Partner Machine.” The right man grumbled.

“What Partner Machine?” The left man snickered.

“The Partner Machine that was lying with her in the desert.” The right man frowned, “You were there.”

“I know there was a Partner Machine.” The left man growled slapping the back of the right mans head, “I got rid of that infernal machine. There is nothing left to track.”

“Arianna!” Heidi exclaimed, “Where is she?”

“Ah, our commodity is awake.” The left man grinned, “Welcome my dear, to your new life.”

“What are you talking about?” Heidi asked sitting up.

As soon as she did her head began spinning.

“Easy now.” The left man said pushing her back down, “The Kakwane antitoxin hasn’t fully taken effect.”

“What did you do with Arianna?” Heidi glared.

“We can’t sell Partner Machines.” The man shrugged, “Too risky, but parts is a different story. That little bot will fetch us quite a profit.”

“If you’ve hurt her…” Heidi cried springing up.

She was instantly overwhelmed by dizziness and had to lie back down. The man just chuckled at her then turned to his partner.

“Once she’s well, have her moved to the holding cells.”

“Why me?” His partner replied watching him leave.

“The beast man stopped at the door and turned back to face his partner.

“Because if you don’t I will tear your heart out and let you watch it stop beating then ram it back in the hole in your chest.”

He stormed out the door slamming it behind him.

“I hate those manual doors.” The beast grumbled.

Heidi tried to sit up again hoping to jump him from behind. A swinging arm smashed into the side of her head dropping her back to the bed.

Heidi was escorted to a prison cell by two beast men and they weren’t gentle about it. They shoved her in and activated the force shield behind her. Gone was her cowgirl outfit, replaced by an Arabian styled dress. It was purple trimmed with white lace. The top ended just below her chest and the sleeves were see through vale with elastic cuffs that sat snug around her wrists. The bottoms were equally skimpy and the pant legs were the purple vale just like the sleeves and also ended in elastic cuffs set tight against her ankles. Matching slippers trimmed in white lace finished off the outfit. Two other girls close to Heidi’s age dressed in similar outfits occupied her cell. One was a brown haired human wearing a green dress, the other was a red short haired Newman dressed in a yellow outfit.

“Looks like Gareth got another one.” The human sighed.

“White hair.” The Newman said looking down at Heidi, “Rare colour if it’s natural.”

“It’s natural.” Heidi groaned as she climbed to her feet.

“You’ll fetch a fair amount of Meseta then.” The human smirked, “Clarissa will do well with the Newman fetish that’s going on right now. I’ll most likely end up as just a servant girl.”

“Not really a bad deal considering what we’re in for.” Clarissa replied looking Heidi over, “Nice flower.”

Heidi reached up to her head and found that her flower she normally wore in her hair was still there. She turned and looked out the door to the surrounding cells. They were full of girls from all over Gurhal and they were all dressed the same as Heidi only each wore a different colour. Careful consideration had been taken to ensure that the colour of the dress accented the wearer perfectly like the pale human girl in the cell to Heidi’s right. She wore a black dress so her light skin contrasted brightly with her cloths. The cell across from her contained a dark furred beast woman. She had been dressed in a white outfit. Heidi’s purple outfit went with her white hair and slightly tanned skin to give her a royal appearance. All the cells were dimly lit but extremely clean and even the bathroom had a curtain for a little privacy.

“Where am I?” Heidi asked turning her head to look at the human.

“The slave prisons of Aramosa.” The girl replied, “So where did they nab you?”

“Out in the desert.” Heidi shrugged, “I was on my way to Aramosa but I passed out from dehydration even though I had three water bottles with me. The two I found ended up being poisoned.”

“Must have seen you coming.” Clarissa grumbled.

“What in the world were you doing coming to this place?” The human girl gasped.

“Looking for my cousin.” Heidi replied, “She went missing a few months ago and my Aunt, who I didn’t even know I had, long story, asked me to look for her. After doing some snooping around I was lead here. Now I’ve lost my PM and my Mag.”

“What’s a Mag?” The human asked.

“Forget that Becky, did you say PM?” Clarissa asked.

Heidi nodded.

“So you’re a Guardian.” Clarissa pointed.

Heidi nodded again, “Uh huh.”

“Then why aren’t you dead?”

“Ya, they don’t usually try to sell Guardians.” Becky said placing a hand on Heidi’s shoulder, “You guys are usually too hard to break.”

“I don’t think I like the sound of that.” Heidi frowned.

“You shouldn’t.” The beast woman in white said stepping up to the door, “The only buyers that will be interested in you will be the abusive ones looking for a challenging play thing. They will beat you down until you submit and then they will have their way with you, sometimes before they break you. It’s more fun when you fight back I guess. When you stop pleasing them and they grow tired of you that’s when they dispose of you in the most horrific manner they can imagine.”

“How do you…” Heidi began.

“Teletha has been through this circuit several times.” Clarissa said, “It’s amazing she’s not dead yet.”

“There are days I wish I were.” Teletha replied placing a hand on the force field door.

“How does this continue to go on?” Heidi gasped, “Why haven’t the authorities stopped this?”

“Most of Moatoob is run by rogues or the Illuminus.” Clarissa shrugged, “So the Trade Federation doesn’t even try to stop them.”

“Trade Federation.” Teletha snorted, “Who do you think started the slave trade.”

“I find it hard to believe that a planets government would openly start a slave trade.” Heidi frowned.

“Please, Moatoob is the most primitive and uncivilized planet of the three.” Teletha turned away from the door, “A disorganized government founded by slaves and run by criminals. What do you expect?”

“I am so reporting this to the Guardians when I get back.” Heidi frowned and crossed her arms.

This prompted laugher from the other girls.

“Sweet heart.” Clarissa said squeezing Heidi’s shoulder, “You ain’t ever getting back.”

Footsteps from down the hall quieted every one as their attention shifted to the noise.

“That must be Gareth now.” Becky muttered.

“Remember, do not look at him in the eye and do not talk back.” Clarissa whispered, “Just keep your mouth shut and you’ll survive, for a while.”

“And pray it isn’t Bosley.” Teletha muttered and turned away picking a seat at the back of the cell.

The footsteps became louder as the two beast men made their way down the hallway. They were muttering business talk as they went finally stopping in front of Heidi’s cell.

“This is the newest editions to my stock.” The larger man waved.

“Two Newmans and a human.” The shorter light furred man eyed the prisoners, “You’re right I am interested. My harem is running a little low.”

The taller man chuckled, “You do seem to go through a lot of them.”

“Got a keep things fresh to keep things interesting.” The shorter man elbowed the taller.

“Well I’ve got something really interesting for you.” The larger man chuckled, “The white haired girl here is a Guardian.”

The short man’s face lit up.

“So much for keeping it a secret.” Clarissa muttered and slumped to the floor.

“I’ll take all three.” The short man grinned, “I am in need of a new servant girl and the human looks perfect.”

“I new you’d be happy.” The tall beast nodded, “Shall we go and finish the paper work. I’ll have the arrangements for delivery to your home.”

The two beast men headed back down the hall still chatting it up. Becky watched until they were gone. She turned to the others and nodded.

“Coast is clear.”

“Bosley, it has to be Bosley.” Clarissa muttered with her head tucked between her legs.

“You’re in for a world of hurt Guardian.” Teletha pointed stepped up to the door.

“Who is this Bosley?” Heidi asked.

“Only the richest and cruellest slave owner on Moatoob.” Teletha shrugged, “He will either break your spirit or he’ll break you.”

“My money’s on break you.” Clarissa sighed, her head still buried in her knees.

It wasn’t long before three guards came and retrieved the three girls. They herded the girls from the cell using electrified pain rods. They didn’t inflict any physical damage but they did deliver a nasty shock. Heidi learned this very quickly when she didn’t move as quickly as the guards wanted. One guard shoved the rod into the nape of her back. The instant blast of the electrical charge knocked her to her knees and blasted the air from her lungs. Becky helped her to her feet and the guards marched the girls outside where a cargo transport was waiting for them. The girls were lined up as one of the guards opened the rear cargo hatch. Heidi spotted something from a nearby bush. As she watched a little blue mechanical fox crawled out from underneath. Sato started to cross the side walk toward her but keeping her arm tight against her leg, Heidi waved the fox back with a flick of her wrist. The little Mag reluctantly retreated back into the bush. The guards ushered the girls onto the transport and closed the door behind them sealing them in darkness. Clarissa slumped to the floor with a sigh.

“They could have at least turned on the lights.” Becky grumbled hugging herself tightly.

Heidi moved to the door and felt around for a release not really expecting to find one. She gave the door a couple hard pushes but when it failed to budge she stepped back with a sigh. The transport pulled away abruptly causing Heidi and Becky to fall to the floor. The ride was long but very smooth and both Clarissa and Becky eventually fell asleep. Heidi remained awake trying to get her bearings by the move of the transport but she was no ranger and her tracking skills were limited. After the first hour and a half, she was forced to give up and huddled up in a corner by the door. Heidi found herself growing drowsy after what felt like hours. She was on the verge of nodding off but a sudden jerk from the transport as it came to a halt snapped her awake. The door slid open flooding the cargo hold with bright hot sunlight. Heidi had to shield her eyes until they adjusted. The other two were slower to get up.

“We’re here?” Becky asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

A large beast man and a slightly shorter beast woman stepped up to the door.

“Out!” The man barked.

The girls slowly shuffled out of the cargo hold resulting in Becky receiving a pain rod to the back. She screamed as the jolt knocked her to her knees. Heidi rushed forward knocking the stick away and pushed the beast woman back. She was rewarded with a butt of the pain rod to the back of her head.

“Let that be your first lesson.” The beast man growled bending close to Heidi’s head and drooling on her cheek.

“Looks like we need to go over some house rules.” The beast woman said as she picked up her pain rod.

“Indeed.” The beast man nodded, “First, you will only talk when talked to. Second, you will bow with your face to the floor when ever our master enters the room. You will obey each and every command with out a word and right away. When the master is away you will obey your house parent. Your parent will depend on which area you are put in. All house parents are above you and must be obeyed but an order from your own house parent can only be over ruled by our master. You will touch nothing unless commanded. You will awake at six AM for your first meal and report to your area by six thirty. Ten PM is lights out unless our master requires you further. You will receive an evening meal and a midday snack. There will be no further feedings unless instructed by our master.”

“That about covers it.” The woman snapped, “Now inside.”

The beast man grabbed Heidi by the back of her tunic and lifted her off the ground.

“I know all about you Guardian.” He snarled in her face, “I’ll be keeping a close eye on you.”

He let her drop to her feet then shoved her forward. Every fibre of her being wanted to swing around and slug him but movement from a bush near the side of the mansion stopped her cold. The three girls slowly shuffled to the two large oak doors that served as the main entrance to the mansion. Heidi kept watch on the bush and sure enough Sato started to crawl out. Heidi quickly waved the Mag back. She was shocked that the little Mag had been able to follow the transport the entire way. She suspected is more likely the Mag had hitched a ride. It didn’t matter, Heidi was just glad Sato was here. They passed through the doors and into a massive front lobby. A large red Venetian carpet stretched from the door to a large stair case that split into two as it curved up to the second floor. The stairs curving to the right connected to a white marble balcony. The stair case curving left connected to a single oak door. There was a set of double doors to Heidi’s right and a single door to the left. The back wall also contained two doors. The floor was laid with dark hard wood. Marble statues from all over Gurhal littered the room and rare expensive paintings covered the wall. Two women entered the lobby from the left door on the back wall. One was a blonde human with blue eyes and a frame almost as delicate as a Newman. She was dressed in a simple yet very elegant gown. The other was indeed a Newman. She had black hair tied into a pony tail and she was several inches taller than Heidi. She was dressed in a short top and very short skirt. Everything else was bare. She was more muscular than the human but Heidi was sure if it came to it she could easily take the woman. The human stopped in front of Becky looking her over closely.

“I had heard we were receiving a new servant girl.” The woman said looking at the beast pair, “Is this her?”

The beast woman quickly nodded. Heidi figured this must be one of those house parents and obviously out ranked the two beast thugs. The woman grabbed Becky by the chin and carefully looked her over again.

“You’ll do I suppose.” She shrugged, “Follow me and I will teach you what you need to know.”

Becky hesitated looking over at Heidi and Clarissa.

“Forget them.” The woman said, “You will not be interacting with them again. In fact there’s a good chance you will never see them again.”

Becky slowly turned away and followed the woman out. The Newman girl stepped up to Clarissa and Heidi.

“That makes you mine.” She said with a stern face, “Welcome to the world of Bosley’s harem. This is the last place you will ever live. You will be touched in places you’ve never been touched before. You will be treated like never before and participate in acts you would never dream of in you’re wildest nightmares and you will do it without protest or resistance. To do so will terminate your life. Now let’s get you into something a little more appropriate for your new role. The two beasts just snickered. The woman shot them both an icy glare then turned to lead the two Newmans out. She led them through a series of hallways until they reached the harem quarters. Here the harem girls slept and readied themselves for the day. The room was empty as all the girls were currently working in the harem. The woman led them to a rack of clothing if that’s what they could be called and picked two off the rack. She handed one to each of the girls. There was hardly enough fabric in them to call them bikini’s.

“My name is Christa; I am your house mom.” She said, “I trust those beasts laid out the house rules.”

“Yes mum.” Clarissa replied.

“Good, now get changed.” Christa pointed at the bathing suits.

Clarissa started to pull off her Arabian dress. Heidi held up her suit and frowned. She wasn’t the most conservative girl in Gurhal but this was too little coverage even for her. She let the suit drop.

“No way am I wearing this.”

“You should be glad you have this much to wear.” Christa jabbed Heidi in the chest, “Some girls are not so lucky.”

“Forget it.” Heidi shook her head.

“Are you seriously asking for punishment?” Christa frowned.

“CHRISTA I NEED YOU!” A deep voice called from the next room.

“Bosley calls.” Christa sighed.

She stripped of her skirt and top and with a sigh, headed out to the harem. Watching Christa’s naked backside disappear through the door, Heidi couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. She looked down at the bathing suit and shook her head.

“We should be glad we have this much to wear.” Clarissa sighed.

Heidi nodded but she still wasn’t going to wear it. Instead she tore the sleeves and pant legs off her current outfit.

“That’s as good as he gets.” She said.

“This isn’t a good idea Heidi.” Clarissa shook her head.

“Don’t worry about me.” Heidi replied, “You just make sure you stay out of trouble.”

“Deal.” Clarissa said shaking Heidi’s hand.

It was quite a while before the two girls were finally summoned into the harem. Bosley was seated on a large bed that looked much like a giant pillow, wearing only his natural fur. The girls in the room were mostly Newmans but a few were human and there were even two beast women. Three guards stood tight against the wall never moving and never making a sound. Christa was cuddled up tight against Bosley. He smiled as he gazed upon Clarissa but the smile was quickly replaced by an angry scowl as his gaze shifted to Heidi.

“What is the meaning of this?” Bosley bellowed as he grabbed Christa by the throat, “She is not wearing the proper dress.”

“If you think for one second that I…” Heidi started to protest.

She was interrupted by a pain rod to the back. She let out a yelp as the shock dropped her to her hands and knees. Bosley released Christa and climbed off the bed stepping up to Heidi. He bent down and lifted her head by her chin.

“That is just a taste of what happens when I am disobeyed.” Bosley growled.

“I don’t care what you think you paid for me.” Heidi growled back, “You do not own me.”

“Hm.” Bosley shrugged and stood up straight.

He nodded to the guard who had shocked Heidi and the guard, with a slight grin, drove the rod into Heidi’s back holding it until she passed out.

“Let that be your first lesson.” Bosley spat.

Hm, Takes a dark twist and some what other type of twist... Go on. But if it takes THAT specific turn, Im done.
    Last edited by FOkyasuta; Mar 7, 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Damn you and your awesome writing combined with cliffhangers!!! Now I won't rest until I get more! You have me addicted.