Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks guys, and yes HUcast, the next couple chapters do get a little dark but don't worry, I keep them clean.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Woo... Good Writers not walk that path. :3

is all this like a fictional story based on psu or something, cause all of it is sooo good

"Play, kitty, play."

Quote Originally Posted by Humar Solder View Post
    is all this like a fictional story based on psu or something, cause all of it is sooo good
    Yes, it's a follow up story to Ragol's Legacy, the link for which is in my signature.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

CHAPTER SEVEN

And so the routine began. Bosley would order, Heidi would defy, and the guards would shock her into unconsciousness. At first it was open defiance that motivated Heidi but eventually it turned to protection of the other girls. When ever one would make a mistake and the guards wrath was about to descend on them, Heidi would act out drawing their attention to her and sparing the other girls. This was not lost on Bosley who would stand back and watch. Heidi still wore her outfit from the prison. Bosley would not physically force any of his girls to do anything. He wanted to break them so they would willingly do it themselves. He wanted Heidi to change on her own. When she did, then he would know that she was his. The fact she was now protecting the other girls told Bosley that as long as she had a purpose to her life, a mission, a goal, she would never submit to him. The fact that she had become physically sick from the punishment and had missed harem duty because of it solidified this. Even now she was in bed being attended to by Christa. He always did enjoy a challenge. A smile crossed his face as a new tactic began to tickle his brain. He crushed out his cigar in a planter to his right then turned to his personal guard.

“Charles, I believe we need to change our strategy with our little guardian.” He sneered.

“You plan to use the other girls against her Sir?” Charles asked.

“You read my mind.” Bosley nodded.

Charles was one of the most intelligent guards Bosley had ever met and more often than not saw the same things Bosley did making him a most efficient guard.

“Next time our Guardian acts out I want the girl she arrived with punished.” Bosley said, “The Guardian will not receive a single shock from this moment on. All the other girls will receive her punishments.”

“Understood.” Charles grinned, “I will inform the other guards.”
    Bosley nodded and turned from the balcony view before him and sat down at the desk in his study. Normally at this time he would retire to the harem for some relaxation but with both his Guardian and his dear Christa absent he just didn’t feel like it. He pulled another cigar from the box in his desk drawer and gave it a long sniff. They were made from the finest weed on Parum and each one cost a small fortune. The fact he was on his second one in the same day indicated he was under more stress than he let on. He bit off the tip then lit it, inhaling a couple puffs before tapping the button on his vision phone. A dark furred small beast appeared on the screen.

“Bosley!” The beast gasped choking on his food.

He quickly finished his bite with a quick shot of liquor before continuing.

“I did not expect to hear from you at this hour.”

“I was unexpectedly free tonight.” Bosley replied flatly.

“Trouble with the new girl huh.” The little beast sneered, “I don’t understand why you waste so much time on her.”

“Because when I finally break her she will be my most treasured prise.” Bosley replied.

“Even more than Christa?” The little beast frowned.

“Much more.” Bosley nodded.

“Good luck then.” The beast shrugged, “But you didn’t contact me for idle chit chat.”

“No.” Bosley shook his head, “I’ve been going over the latest figures from our southern mine. Why is production down fifteen percent?”

“It’s those blasted Illuminus workers.” The beast growled, “Ever since the Guardians have gone into overdrive with the relic’s site Howzer has cut activity. I have expressed our dissatisfaction with his production but he just shrugs me off.”

“He’s up to something.” Bosley frowned, “I don’t like it. Find out what he’s doing and get that mine back up to full production. I’d hate not to be able to afford my next harem girl.”

“I’ll see what I can do.” The beast sneered and cut the connection.

Charles stepped up behind Bosley and cleared his throat softly.

“Will you be retiring to the harem or shall I retire the girls early tonight?”

“Retire the girls.” Bosley waved, “They are going to need the extra rest.”

Heidi waited for Christa to leave, gone to fetch her a drink of water. She slipped from the bed and quietly crept to the door. She took a quick glance down the hallway before slipping out the door and quickly danced down the hall slipping around the corner just as a stream of girls came out from another door. Heidi peeked back around the corner and watched the girls file into the sleeping quarters. They were early and this put a snag in Heidi’s plan. She was counting on Bosley being occupied with them. With the harem empty she couldn’t be sure of Bosley’s whereabouts. She slipped down the hallway stopping to check the next corridor. It was empty so she stepped out and jogged down to the next intersection. There were two guards to her left standing with their backs to her at the far end of the hallway that exited into one of the interior courtyards. Heidi slipped to the right and quietly made her way to the next room. This looked like a guest room with a balcony that overlooked one of Moatoob’s many desert canyons. The view would have been breathtaking if she wasn’t in so much danger. She crossed the room and through the next door. She bounded down the hallway slipping passed two more guards then turned left at the next intersection. She slowly approached the door at the end and found it open just a crack. She quickly began to appreciate Bosley’s preferred choice in older manual doors rather than the new automated ones found everywhere else in Gurhal. She softly gave the door a nudge pushing it open a little further. She froze as she peered in. It was Bosley’s study and he was seated at the desk. Trying to remain silent she slowly sank away and headed back down the hallway. She skipped passed the joining hallway without being seen and made her way into yet another guest room. This one had no second door. She quickly made her way out to the balcony. She looked around then down at the ground far below her. She let out a deep sigh. A metallic meow greeted her as Sato floated up from below.

“Hello there.” Heidi smiled, “I’m glad you’re alright.”

Sato meowed happily.

“Shhh.” Heidi quickly shushed the Mag, “I’m trying to escape. Got any ideas?”

Sato moaned softly and descended back to the ground.

“That’s what I was afraid of.” Heidi groaned.

She climbed up onto the railing swinging her legs out over the ledge. She kicked off her slippers as they were far too slick for this climb. Using the balcony and the adjoining wall she began her decent. The stone construction of the mansion gave her plenty of handholds. A guard walked out onto the balcony right below her. Heidi froze waiting for him to go inside. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it taking a deep puff.

“Great.” She muttered.

Heidi’s muscles began to scream from the strain of clinging to the wall. The guard slowly puffed away at his smoke until he was finally called away by another guard. Heidi quickly descended the wall dropping to the balcony the guard had just occupied. She sighed with relief quickly rubbing the ache from her arms. Once she felt better she started to climb back out onto the wall. The rest of the climb was easy and she slipped to the ground. The sand felt so good under her feet.

“Sato.” She whispered, “Sato, come here.”

The Mag failed to appear. Growing concerned, Heidi began searching for her lost friend completely forgetting about her escape. She continued to quietly call for the Mag but she just wouldn’t show. Heidi rounded a large bush and a sharp pain shot across the back of her head quickly followed by darkness.

Heidi awoke with a splitting head ache. Christa was staring down at her with a frown.

“You are very lucky you’re still alive.” Christa said softly.

“Is she awake?” Bosley barked coming to stand over her, “You are a real thorn in my side. To this point you have failed to respond to discipline. It is clear to me that we have been using the wrong kind and this recent escape attempt is proof.”

Bosley waved to a guard who dragged Clarissa in tossing her to the ground at Heidi’s feet.

“It is clear you are not concerned for your own safety.” Bosley said, “It is also clear you are concerned for the safety of the other girls here. You are well trained Guardian.”

Bosley nodded to the Guard who drove his rod into Clarissa’s back. She screamed as the electrical jolt disrupted every neural pulse. The guard pulled the rod away and Clarissa dropped to the floor sobbing.

“What are you doing?” Heidi cried, “I was responsible not her. Punish me.”

“You’ve already proven that doesn’t work.” Bosley snarled getting right in Heidi’s face, “From now on when you disobey, they shall pay.”

“You monster.” Heidi growled and leaped on Bosley.

The guard quickly grabbed her by the back of the neck and hauled her off. Clarissa screamed again as the rod drove into her back.

“Stop it!” Heidi cried.

“You will obey?” Bosley asked tilting his head.

Clarissa looked up at Heidi with blood shot sobbing eyes begging her to obey.

“Alright.” Heidi sighed.

“Good.” Bosley nodded, “Take them away.”

It was difficult for Heidi to submit so easily and even though she now wore the skimpy outfit required of the harem, she quickly found just how little defiance it took for punishment to descend on the other girls. The wrong look, a too long hesitation, an instinctive pulling away, making a sound without permission, all brought pain on the other girls. Resentment toward Heidi quickly swarmed over the harem and she quickly found herself with only one friend. Despite what she had gone through, Clarissa remained at Heidi’s side. Heidi knew that now it was not just a mater of escaping, but she had to escape with Clarissa. She would never be able to live with herself if she left Clarissa behind. One night while the other girls slept, Heidi crept over to Clarissa’s bed and gave her a soft shake. She quickly clamped her hand on Clarissa’s mouth when the girl started to protest.

“Quiet.” Heidi whispered, “We are leaving. Tonight. Keep quiet and follow me.”

“Heidi no.” Clarissa whispered back grabbing her arm.

“I’m not staying here and I am not leaving you here now lets go.” Heidi said and pulled away.

She quietly crept to the door and slowly pushed it open. The hallway was empty and dark. She quickly slipped out into the hall.

“This is such a bad idea.” Clarissa grumbled and followed Heidi out.

The two girls slipped down the hall making their way for the same balcony Heidi had escaped from before. Heidi turned away and went for Bosley’s study instead. She wasn’t about to use the same escape route twice. They slipped through the study and out into another series of hallways. They soon found themselves in the servants section, the kitchen to be exact. They slipped through without seeing a single guard anywhere. Heidi found this very unusual and began to get a very bad feeling. She pushed it aside deciding they were already too committed. They found the exit to the back court yard where Bosley kept his large swimming pool.

“People are dying of thirst in the desert and he uses a villages worth to bath in.” Clarissa gasped.

“No body said life was fair.” Heidi said.

“How can you just dismiss this?” Clarissa waved at the pool.

“Because there is nothing I can do about this.” Heidi replied, “My main concern right now is our survival.”

“A noble but futile crusade.” Bosley’s voice boomed from the darkness.

Several flashlights flicked on bathing the two girls in light. Bosley stepped forward walking up to Heidi first.

“I expected this from you.” He turned and faced Clarissa, “I thought you were smarter.”

He turned his back to them and took several steps toward his guards.

“This can not go unpunished.”

He waved to his guards who quickly sprang into action taking the girls away.

“What do you plan on doing about this Sir?” Charles asked.

“Ordinary punishment is not working.” Bosley replied, “We need to demonstrate the results such actions demand.”

“You did pay a lot of Meseta for her and you haven’t had any use of her yet.” Charles said.

“It’s only Meseta.” Bosley shrugged.

Seems like, Prison Break. PSU version.

CHAPTER EIGHT

The next morning the girls were all gathered in Bosley’s den. The large bay window that overlooked his outdoor floral garden was covered by a large curtain. Heidi had been returned to the barracks shortly after her escape attempt but Clarissa was still missing. She had a very bad feeling about all this. Bosley walked in from a side door stopping in front of the window facing the girls.

“You have all been gathered here because one of you refuses to obey the house rules. She continues to cause anarchy and chaos.” Bosley said calmly, “We have tried discipline on her without success. We have tried punishing others on her behalf. That was starting to show promise until last night. The greatest act of disobedience was performed. An escape attempt was made but what’s worse is she took another with her. I have been fairly lenient up to this point but this act can not be excused. You have been gathered here to witness what kind of punishment will befall you if such actions continue.”

Bosley nodded to a guard who pulled the curtain away. Everyone gasped as they gaze up at Clarissa nailed to a cross. She had been stripped of her clothes and beaten until she was near death. Her flesh had been reduced to a sloppy mess from repeated whippings. The cross post and the ground were stained red. A couple of nasty slashes across her belly were deep enough that her entrails had peeked out. Her head hung down and she appeared dead.

“Clarissa no!” Heidi cried running up and banging her hands on the glass.

Tears filled her eyes as she looked up at her friend. Then Clarissa’s fingers clenched and the girl looked up. Her mouth opened in a vain attempted to scream as a guard jabbed her with a spear. She hadn’t the strength to push herself up for a breath of air so she had nothing to scream with. Heidi gasped with horror. Thinking her friend dead was bad enough but to see her in such pain was just too much. She collapsed on the floor sobbing. Many of the other girls had to look away and almost all of them were crying. The two beast girls turned their hate filled stares at the white haired Newman crying on the floor. Bosley stepped up to Heidi bending low to her ear.

“You are responsible for this.” Bosley snarled softly, “Her death is on your head and if you continue to act out, this fate will befall every girl around you. Their lives are in your hands.”

He stood up and waved to the guards, “Take the other girls back to the barracks so what they have seen today can sink in.”

He turned back to Heidi and knelt down again, “You will remain here and watch your friend die slowly. To bad she has no breath left. I would so like for you to hear her screams.”

Bosley stood up and started to walk away. Heidi slowly looked up at Clarissa, the girl staring right back at her begging Heidi to let her die quickly. Heidi’s tears stopped and her breathing became heavier and deeper as sorrow was replaced by anger. Her hands clenched into tight fists as she slowly climbed to her feet. Bosley and the others were just starting to leave but everyone froze and Bosley slowly turned back to face the Newman girl. He started to question her but he clamped his mouth shut and just looked at her. A deep intense hate began to flow through every fibre of Heidi’s being. Her blood began to run hot. Her vision narrowed focusing only on Bosley and her hearing was flooded by the beating of her own heart. She slowly started for Bosley. The beast man looked around at his guards but no one moved.

“What do you think you are doing?” Bosley questioned her.

“You hurt me.” Heidi growled, “You hurt my friend. You hurt every one you touch and you enjoy it. Never have I seen such evil before.”

“Well.” Was all Bosley could sputter.

“No more.” Heidi said still staring at the man, “No more.”

“What are you waiting for?” Bosley yelled at his guards, “Stop her!”

This shook the guards into action, charging at the Newman. Heidi’s arms went up over her head and as the guards closed in she flung them down. The ground erupted in a blast of Gifoie blasting the guards back setting several of them on fire and incinerating two. Bosley gasped in horror at the power. Heidi continued to stalk forward. Bosley turned to run.

“No.” Heidi growled.

She cupped her hands together then flung her arms out in front of her pointing her palms at Bosley. A giant purple orb shot out across the room flying right through Bosley dropping him to the ground. Heidi continued forward as the seriously wounded Bosley tried to crawl away. Blood trickled from his mouth as his internal organs began to bleed from several deep ruptures. Heidi reached Bosley who rolled to his back to stare at the fiery Newman girl. Her blue eyes appeared to burn with fire.

“Please, have mercy.” Bosley coughed.

“Why should I show mercy to someone incapable of showing it himself?” Heidi glared down at him.

“You’re a Guardian.” Bosley replied, “You are better than this.”

“I am a hunter.” Heidi replied, “Sworn to protect the innocent and destroy evil.”

“Please.” Bosley cried.

“And you are evil.” Heidi finished.

She pointed her open palm at Bosley. A bolt of Zonde flashed down severing the beast man’s head. More guards filed into the room just as the bolt crashed down. They quickly pointed their guns at the girl. Heidi turned to face them a ball of Foie burning in each hand. She gave them a small smirk. The guards hesitated then quickly dropped their weapons. Heidi nodded then turned to face the window launching her fire balls at the glass. The Foie balls blasted into the glass melting away a hole large enough for Heidi to walk through. She stopped just passed the glass then turned to face the girls and guards.

“Get out.” She said firmly with a razor sharp edge.

This made everyone scramble for the exits. One of the guards triggered the house alarm so every one would evacuate. Heidi turned back to her bleeding and dieing friend. She walked up to Clarissa placing a hand on her feet.

“I am so sorry.” Heidi said staring Clarissa in the eyes, “This is all my fault. I never meant for this to happen. I just wanted to help you.”

Clarissa, unable to speak, gave Heidi a weak smile and nodded. Heidi nodded back with a smile then stepped back from the cross. She put her hand up and channelling all the remaining hate for Bosley, she launched a ball of Megid at Clarissa. The purple orb flew through the girl instantly draining all the remaining life force in her. Clarissa’s head fell limp. Heidi let out a sigh, her eyes wet from tears and fired up another Foie ball lobbing it at the corpse. She turned away and made her way around to the front of the house. She walked down the laneway to the street then turned back to the house. Her blood still burned but it was starting to cool so she had to act quickly. Putting her arms at her sides with her hands pointed out, palms up, she slowly lifted them up as lifting the very ground above her head. The ground around the house cracked and broke rising up in a red molten mass enveloping the mansion then with a load roar it sunk back into the ground taking the building with it leaving only a large pool of molten rock. Heidi exhaled dropping to her knees as all her metal energy was used up. Her blood now flowed cool and her sorrow returned. She began sobbing into her hands then she fell forward on to her face crying hard. The other girls and the house employees appeared from farther down the road slowly making their way back up the street. Becky pushed her way to the front of the pack, gasping when she spotted Heidi. She bolted forward falling beside her friend hugging her tightly.

“Thank you.” She said softly, “Thank you.”

The others gathered around the two girls but kept their distance.

Heidi stopped crying and slowly looked Becky in the face.

“But Clarissa…” She started.

“I know.” Becky replied, “It was Bosley, not you.”

“If I had just behaved she would still be alive.” Heidi sniffed.

“And we would all still be prisoners facing his cruelty.” Becky said squeezing Heidi, “You saved the rest of us. You freed so many. I can’t begin to thank you.”

Charles stepped up to the girls staring down at Heidi, “What are you?”

Heidi looked up at him with blood shot eyes and a very confused look.

“What are you?” Charles repeated, “Using techniques without weapons. Only the highest members of the Communion can do that and not even the Divine Maiden has this kind of power.”

“I’ve never felt anything like that before.” Heidi replied with Becky helping her to her feet.

“A foolish man would use this opportunity to capture you for great profit.” Charles said, “In your current shape I doubt you would put up much of a fight. A wise man however would see the future danger in such an action and would simply walk away.”

Heidi and Becky both stared at Charles waiting for the attack.

“I am no fool.” Charles smiled and walked away.

“I thought…” Becky started.

“So did I.” Heidi grinned, “Come on lets get out of here.”

The two girls started walking down the road but a metallic meow stopped them. Sato crawled out from a bush and floated over to Heidi.

“What is that?” Becky exclaimed

“Where have you been?” Heidi smiled at the Mag then turned to Becky, “Becky, this is my friend Sato. She’s a Mag.”

“What’s a Mag?” Becky frowned.

“That’s a long story.” Heidi replied.

The crowd parted as the two girls made their way down the road then everyone started to go their separate ways. Heidi looked up at the rising morning sun and smiled.

“It began a long time ago on a distant world.” Heidi began, “Oh ya, did I tell you I’m part alien?”

I was wondering when Amanda would help out. Two comments:

1. Amanda is badass.

2. I would like to say I didn't enjoy Bosley's death, but I can't. He really had it coming to him.

CHAPTER NINE

Heidi let out a deep sigh as she sank into the hot tub. The soothing heat felt so good after almost a month of cold showers in Bosley’s harem. She sank deep so the water came up to her chin then reached up and grabbed a chocolate candy from the bowl sitting beside the tub. She popped it in her mouth then giggled with delight.

“I never thought the simple pleasures would feel so good.” She said.

Becky stuck her head in from the bed room, still drying her hair.

“I’m glad to see you’re feeling better.” She grinned.

“Who wouldn’t when the Guardians are paying for this?” Heidi chuckled, “Laia is going to have a fit when I get back.”

“If she finds out it’s you.” Becky laughed.

“If.” Heidi replied then ducked her head under the water.

She sat there for quite a while enjoying the warmth and incense that was burning nearby. Becky had gone out and flopped down on the sofa in front of the view screen. She was curled up in her bathrobe watching a movie. During the commercial a news break came on talking about Bosley’s house.

“Heidi, come here quick!” She called.

Heidi sprang from the tub and ran out to watch the news. A tall clean shaven dark human man stood in front of the camera. He was positioned at the bottom of the mansions laneway.

“Good evening I’m Bruce Bannership reporting for channel seven action news.” He said, “I am here on Moatoob’s southern continent several kilometres from the small mining town of Aramosa. Behind me is the location of the mansion of wealthy mining operator Bosley Preston. As you can see behind me the entire mansion has disappeared. None of the mansions employees can be located and authorities have begun an immediate investigation. All that remains of the once four story building is a cooling pool of lava. When questioned on the matter local geologists are tight lipped saying only that they are looking into the matter. There hasn’t been any recorded geological activity in this area in one hundred and fifty years and still nothing has been recorded. Authorities urge citizens to report any sightings of the missing employees as they are wanted for questioning or if anyone has any information on the missing house or missing home owner Bosley. This is Bruce Bannership reporting, Action News Channel Seven.”

Becky turned to Heidi and frowned, “They didn’t mention anything about the harem girls.”

“Either they consider them employees or they didn’t know about them.” Heidi shrugged.

“If you’re finished with the tub you might want to put your bath robe on.” Becky giggled.

Heidi looked down at herself then frowned at Becky.

“Grow up.” She shook her head as she headed for the bedroom.

She came out a few minutes later wearing a simple Moatoob tunic and shorts. She tossed a similar outfit on the sofa beside Becky.

“Dress quickly.” She said, “We’re leaving.”

“So soon?” Becky asked looking down at the cloths.

“I’m afraid so.” Heidi said pulling her boots on, “It’s not going to take them long to trace this room service to me and I still have a cousin to find.”

“Ok.” Becky nodded reluctantly.

She quickly changed into her cloths then followed Heidi and Sato out. Heidi turned in her room card then the three friends made their way out into the busy streets of Aramosa. Heidi headed for the nearest bar as she had no other leads. She strolled in through the front door attracting way too much attention. Becky followed her in but she was much more discrete as all eyes turned to the two girls. Heidi stepped up to the bar eyeing the Bartender. He was short, fat, light furred beast with a scar running across his right cheek.

“Can I help you?” He growled.

“I’m looking for a Newman girl.” Heidi glared back, “She looks like me only blonde hair.”

“And what makes you think I’ve seen her?” The Bartender snorted.

“I wasn’t finished.” Heidi growled back, “I know all kinds of girls come through here. I was one of them so don’t jerk me around!”

She finished by grabbing him by the front of the shirt and pulling him into the bar. The fat beast bounced back smacking hard against the wine rack behind him. This spurred several of the patrons to climb from their seats. Becky scuttled over to Heidi pushing herself close.

“Ah Heidi.” Becky quivered tugging on her shirt.

“What!” Heidi exclaimed turning to face the girl.

Her gaze fell on the slowly approaching beasts and gasped, “Uh oh.”

“We don’t take kindly to strangers who think they can push us around.” The Bartender snickered.

Heidi took a defensive stance against the incoming crowd pushing Becky behind her.

“I’m warning you all, you don’t want to do this.”

“And why not baby doll.” A black furred beast the lead grinned.

“No she’s right.” Becky said peering around Heidi, “You don’t.”

“Think I’ll take my chances.” The beast smiled baring his fangs as he reached out.

Heidi swung her arms out knocking the beast’s arms apart then she sprang forward slamming a fist into his stomach. When he just smiled she drove her knee up into his groin. The beast dropped to his knees roaring in pain. Heidi stepped back and with a quick spinning kick right to the head, knocked him out. This inspired the crowd to rush the girls. Becky scrambled up a bar stool and onto the bar top. Heidi ducked the first beast attack causing him to stumble into the bar. She drove her fist into the belly of a shorter fatter beast knocking him back into his friends. She turned and side kicked the first beast in the head as he tried to recover. It knocked him to the floor but he was quick to his feet even though he was still a little stunned. Heidi drove both her fists into his stomach and as he keeled over she flicked her leg up kicking him in the forehead. As he crumpled to the floor she turned to face two beasts roughly her size. The first punch came left which she easily deflected. The second came from the right which she also easily deflected then followed with a quick jab to the throat. The left beast tried to grab her but she elbowed him in the nose. There was a wet snap as she felt the mans nose break under her elbow. He pulled back crying as he tried to keep the blood back with his hand. Two more beasts rushed forward but Heidi easily drove them off with a couple hard kicks. The remaining beasts were a little more reluctant to come forward second guessing their decision to join this fight. A tall red furred beast pushed his way to the bar. He was almost seven feet tall with long fangs and furry pointed ears. His arms where nearly as thick as Heidi’s body was. The hard wood floor creaked with every step. Becky gasped grabbing a liquor bottle from the bar but fear kept her from throwing it. The giant stopped in front of Heidi and glared down at her with a sinister grin. The bartender seeing an opportunity tried to grab Becky with the intent to haul her behind the bar. Becky squealed spinning around and smashing the bottle over his head. With a low groan he collapsed to the floor.

“You’re pretty tough little doll.” The giant sneered, “Let’s see how you deal with a real man.”

Rolling his head left to right he cracked his neck.

With a smirk Heidi replied, “Ok, if you can find me one.”

The grin drained from his face and he reached out for Heidi. She dropped to her belly and with all her strength she pushed off the bar sliding through his legs popping up behind him.

“Too slow.” Heidi grinned wagging her finger.

The giant beast spun with a growl and tried to grab her. She hopped back out of his reach.

“Oh, not fast enough.” Heidi teased.

The beast roared and charged her. She turned and hopped up on one of the tables. He reached out to grab her but she jumped to the next table. Enraged, he grabbed the table she had been on and flung it aside. He stomped toward her but just as he went to grab her she sprang to the next table. This continued around the room until Heidi found herself with no more tables, and standing on the bar next to Becky.

“No place left to run little doll.” The giant grinned.

“Why don’t you just zap him like you did Bosley?” Becky whispered.

“That takes a lot of energy and I haven’t recovered yet.” Heidi replied.

“Better recover quick.” Becky quipped as the giants fists slammed down on the bar between them.

The girls jumped to the sides avoiding the attack. The giant turned toward Heidi who backed up until she ran out of bar. The giant beast drooled sensing his prey. With a determined frown, Heidi sprang forward delivering a powerful kick to his head. The kick drove his head sideways but he simply turned back to her with a smile.

“You’ll have to try harder.” He sneered.

“Ok.” Heidi shrugged and kicked him again then before he could recover, she jumped on his back wrapping her arms around his throat cutting off his air. He backed up against the wall and slammed her against it. The impact knocked the wind from her lungs but she managed to hang on. He slammed her again and felt her grip loosen. A third slam dropped her to the floor. With a great gulp of air he turned and picked her up by the throat.

“My turn.” He grinned as he squeezed.

She grabbed at his hand but it was so big it almost didn’t fit her neck and she didn’t possess anywhere near the strength to pry it loose. Instead she brought her leg back and drove it into his groin. The grin instantly dropped off his face and he slammed her into the wall.

“Not wise.” He growled, “But not good enough.”

Knowing he was still hurting, she kicked him again. His eyes began to water and he flung her across the room. After taking a couple deep breaths he began limping across the room looking very angry. Heidi was slow climbing from the pile of broken chairs and tables from her landing. She was hurt bad and was pretty sure at least one rib was broken. That brought back the memory of her last broken rib and shiver shot up her spine. The giant beast flung chairs and tables out of his way, whether they were standing or not, stalking the injured girl. Heidi tried to retreat but a sharp pain shot up her right leg from her ankle as she put weight on it causing her to stumble. She turned to limp away but the beast grabbed her by the back of the shirt.

“Uh oh.” Heidi gasped.

The beast jerked her back and spun her around to face him. He grabbed her shirt and hoisted her off the ground.

“That was low.” He snarled, “Now I will crush the life from you.”

“I bet their pretty tender.” Heidi smirked.

She went to kick him again but he grabbed her leg.

“You’re out of arms.” Heidi grinned.

The beast shrugged and hoisted her up over his head and flung her back across the room. She smashed into the bottle rack behind the bar falling to the floor. Becky jumped off the bar quickly checking on her friend. Heidi groaned and slowly pushed herself up to her knees.

“Heidi, are you alright?” Becky asked.

Heidi coughed up some blood then croaked, “No.”

The beast bent over the bar and went to reach for Heidi.

“No you don’t.” Becky protested moving in his way.

“Out of my way.” The beast replied.

He picked her up and flung her over the bar like a rag doll. He chuckled as he watched her land. Heidi looked up at his laughing face. A burning sensation began to form in the pit of her stomach. She slowly rose to her feet, all pain was gone. She glared at the beast as the anger continued to grow. The beast slowly turned back to her and the smile changed to a confused frown.

“What in the name of the holy light?” The beast gasped.

He stepped back as Heidi moved forward slowly climbing over the bar.

“Wwwwhat are you?” The beast stammered.

“You’re worst nightmare.” Heidi replied.

Becky started to get up off the floor. Her face brightened up at the sight of Heidi stalking at the beast.

“Go get him Heidi.” She said softly.

The bartender slowly stood up. Seeing that everyone’s attention was on the giant and the Newman, he made a bee line for the door. Becky spotted him and dove at him. She tackled his feet tripping him to the ground. She quickly scrambled up taking a seat on his back pinning him to the floor.

“Oh no you don’t.” She grinned patting him on the head.

He tried to get up then groaned when he couldn’t. The beast giant continued to slowly back up as the fiery Newman girl advance forward. The other patrons cleared aside making room for the giant man.

“It’s bad enough you picked a fight with me.” Heidi growled, “That I can handle. No one but no one hurts my friends.”

The giant beast continued to back away nearly tripping over a fallen chair.

“What’s the matter Bomber?” Someone called, “Scared of a little girl?”

This prompted the big man to turn and growl. He turned back glaring angrily at the advancing Newman. The shock and fear of her sudden change was long gone. He started forward reaching out ready to grab the girl.

“Big mistake.” Heidi hissed.

She thrust her right arm out. A stream of molten rock shot across the floor exploding as the Nosdiga slammed into the beast. The giant nicknamed Bomber was sent flying back against the wall slumping to the floor. He was slow to get up. The hair on his head and the tips of his ears were smouldering from the attack. Heidi continued to move in on him. A blast of Gibarta set the broken chairs and tables in her way, flying off to the sides. Bomber took a deep gulp as Heidi stared at him with her unblinking eyes. He started to get up from the floor but a blast of Zonde drove him back down. He tried a second time but a RAfoie blast knocked any last fight from him. He had just enough strength to pat out the small fires on his fur. Heidi stopped at his feet glaring down at him. In the palm of her right hand she held a small swirling purple orb.

“Please, please have mercy.” Bomber stammered.

“Give me one good reason.” Heidi snarled.

“I promise not to attack anyone ever again.” Bomber replied.

“How do I know you’re not just saying that?” Heidi asked raising her right eyebrow.

“I’m a beast.” Bomber replied, “I couldn’t possibly lie about this. I have my pride and it hurts almost as bad as my head right now.”

Heidi paused for a moment as she considered this now truly defeated man. She finally shrugged and snuffed out the Megid ball.

“I believe you.”

Bomber let out a sigh and slumped to the floor. Everyone else stood perfectly quiet, all eyes on Heidi as she turned and walked over to the bartender. Becky slid off the fat man then helped Heidi pick him up. Heidi grabbed him by the collar and pinned him against the wall.

“My cousin, where is she?” Heidi snarled.

“I…I don’t know.” The bartender snivelled, “I swear it. The only one who might know is Samuel.”

“Oh no.” Becky moaned.

“Who is Samuel?” Heidi frowned.

“You’ve already met him.” Becky said placing her hand on Heidi’s shoulder.

“I have?” Heidi asked.

“If you were bought by Bosley then yes.” The bartender said.

Heidi’s eyes went wide, “No!”

“Yes.” Becky nodded.

“Where is he?” Heidi glared at the Bartender. “Take me to him.”

“I can’t do that but I can tell you where to find him.” The bartender smiled weakly.

“Tell me.” Heidi growled.

CHAPTER TEN

Samuel’s shop was just as unremarkable as any other building in Aramosa. Metallic silver paneling, spotless glass windows and polished stainless hardware dominated the cosmetics. The lobby of the apartment complex was equally utilitarian and simple with sandy brown carpet, wooden chairs, and tables. The steel coloured elevator doors located at the end of the lobby allowed access to the upper levels. A left and right hallway connected to the lobby at the elevators, and led to the utility rooms that housed the environmental controls and washing machines for laundry.

“We’re supposed to take the left hallway right?” Becky asked.

“That’s what he said.” Heidi nodded.

“You think he lied?” Becky frowned.

“Possibly.” Heidi nodded.

“Then this is a trap.” Becky sighed.

“Definitely.” Heidi smirked.

“Can’t wait.” Becky groaned.

Heidi moved down the left hallway checking for surveillance devices. She didn’t see any but her sixth sense kept pricking the back of her brain. She entered the furnace room and cautiously moved to the back where she found the closet the bartender had told her about. Becky moved in behind her as Heidi reached for the old wooden door knob. She paused just before she touched it. Why was this knob wooden when everything else including the closet door was metal? Her instincts were screaming at her.

“Becky, stand back.” Heidi said.

“But…” Becky started.

“Please, stand back.” Heidi ordered.

Becky jumped back at the force of Heidi’s voice. Heidi nodded then reached out for the knob.

“If something happens to me, I’ll need you to get me out.” Heidi said as she grabbed the knob.

Becky nodded and gulped as Heidi turned the knob and pulled. The door slid open easily revealing a dimly lit staircase that led to the basement. Heidi moved in slowly. When nothing happened Becky followed her in. She kept her distance as Heidi made her way to the bottom. There was a small office with a large wooden desk and a beast man a little taller than Heidi seated at the desk. He jumped from his seat when he spotted the two girls.

“What are you doing here?” He cried, “And how did you find this place.”

Heidi marched around the desk and grabbed him by the shirt.

“My cousin, where is she?” Heidi growled.

“What, who?” Samuel sputtered.

“Newman girl, blonde hair, looks like me.” Heidi replied, “Where is she?”

“I’m not sure.” Samuel grinned sheepishly, “I have so many girls go through here.”

“Don’t jerk me around.” Heidi burst shaking him.

“If you let me go, I can check my records.” Samuel replied.

Heidi released him with a shove, “Don’t try anything.”

Samuel moved to cabinet behind his desk and opened a drawer.

“How long has she been gone?”

“A little over six months I think.” Heidi replied.

Samuel pulled out a thick folder and placed it on the desk. It was full of photos. The fact that it was a paper file surprised Heidi. It was extremely rare to see this type of format. She wondered where he even got the paper. He spread the photos out and motioned for the desk.

“Do you see her?” Samuel asked.

Heidi took a moment to scan the photos then pointed to one near the table’s edge.

“I think that’s her.” Heidi said.

Becky nodded her agreement.

“You think?” Samuel frowned.

“I’ve never actually met her.” Heidi replied, “Or even seen her before.”

“Really?” Samuel smirked then picked up the photo and the attached file, “Well, it appears she was sold from here about seven months ago. A mister Karl Howzer.”

“Howzer!” Becky and Heidi gasped.

“You are kidding me.” Heidi’s jaw dropped.

“I don’t kid.” Samuel said as he swept the photo’s off the table, “I’ve given you what you want now leave.”

“One more thing.” Heidi said holding up her finger, “I want my equipment back.”

“Why should…” Samuel began.

Heidi grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the wall, “I’m warning you, don’t jerk me around.”

“You really don’t want her to get mad.” Becky grinned.

“Fine.” Samuel sighed not really in the mood for a fight.

He tapped a button mounted under the table that opened a secret door in the back wall beside the file cabinet. Heidi let go of his collar and moved for the door. Becky followed pointing her finger at Samuel and frowning as she passed him. Samuel let out a small sigh once the door had closed.

“It’s never good when your product comes back.” He grumbled slumping into his chair, “Especially on their own.”

Heidi and Becky moved slowly down the now familiar hallways of the basement prison. They hadn’t gone very far when Sato moved away and started bumping into a side door and meowing.

“What’s wrong with her?” Becky frowned.

“I don’t know.” Heidi shook her head, “But when Sato makes a fuss you can bet it’s important.”

Heidi moved to the door and pulled it open. Sato rushed in making a straight run to a chest sitting at the back of the room. The side walls where lined with shelving. The shelves were piled high with personal items from all over Gurhal. Becky stopped just inside the door and started going through them. Heidi went for the chest Sato was bumping. She gently pushed the Mag aside and popped the lid open. Inside staring up at her was Arianna’s head. The chest was full of various other PM parts and some of Arianna’s limbs but most of her parts were missing.

“Oh Arianna.” Heidi sighed picking up the head, “I am so sorry.”

“Heidi, I’m sorry.” Becky said holding some clothing from Parum.

Heidi nodded then pulled the brain case off the head. She reached in and pulled out a chip. She stared at the chip for a moment before placing the head back in the chest.

“Arianna will live again.” Heidi said holding up the chip, “But it’s going to take a lot of feeding and base PM’s aren’t cheap.”

“I’m glad.” Becky said closing her hand on the chip, “Now let’s go find your stuff.”

She released Heidi’s hand and started going through the pile of stuff on the shelves.

Heidi quickly found her purple Phasnis vest and Becky pulled out a box of nanotransformers. Heidi started going through the box while Becky searched for her shorts and boots. Heidi squealed with glee when she found it and that it was still fully stocked. Becky soon recovered Heidi’s pink HUnewearl boots. They didn’t find her black shorts but Heidi found a pair of blue ones that fit. The two girls quickly slipped into their cloths feeling much better.

“I’m surprised you don’t have your cloths attached to your transformer like all the other Guardians.” Becky frowned slightly.

“What and have my cloths vanish when someone swipes my transformer leaving me in my underwear?” Heidi grinned, “No thank you. I prefer real clothing.”

Heidi.” Becky said the smile draining from her face, “There are still girls here waiting to be sold. We should help them.”

“You ever thought about being a Guardian?” Heidi smiled, “You’re right.”

She looked around and smiled when she spotted a handgun sitting on the shelf. She scooped it up and shoved it into Becky’s hands.

“You’re an honorary Guardian now.” Heidi smiled.

“But I don’t know how to shot.” Becky frowned.

“You’ll learn.” Heidi shrugged and headed back out into the hall.

“Ya but… hey wait for me!” Becky called scrambling out into the hall.

The girls moved slowly down the hallway but were surprised to find a lack of guards. Several of the girls they had left were still here.

“What in the world are you two doing here?” Teletha gasped.

“We’re getting you out.” Becky giggled.

“Where are the key cards?” Heidi asked.

“Probably with Gareth.” Teletha shrugged, “The tall beast who sold you. Keep heading down the hall and you’ll find his office.”

“But he went that way last time.” Becky frowned pointing back the way they had come.

“All transactions go through Samuel’s office.” Teletha replied.

“Fine.” Heidi said breaking up the conversation, “You stay here and watch for trouble.”

Heidi pointed at Becky as she finished then turned and sprinted down the hall. Every girl quickly jumped to her feet and moved to the cell door as Heidi passed. Hope that freedom was close spread like wildfire and moral shot through the roof. For the first time ever laughter could be hear in these prison halls. The end of the hall ended with two doors. The first one Heidi opened lead to the loading dock where girls were brought in and shipped out. The second door opened on to a small office with a very startled beast sitting behind the desk. He spat out the alcohol he had been drinking and gasped.

“What… how?” He sputtered.

“Key card for the cells.” Heidi growled drawing her daggers, “Now!”

Gareth quickly regained his demeanour and climbed from his chair.

“I knew you’d be trouble but I didn’t expect this much.” He said drawing a claw from his desk and slipping it on to his right hand, “I don’t suppose I’ll be seeing Bosley anytime soon.”

“I wouldn’t hold my breath.” Heidi sneered.

“Fine, let’s get this over with so I can get on with business.” Gareth replied sounding rather bored.

“Better start looking for a new line of work.” Heidi growled.

“I’d suggest the same for you.” Gareth grinned.

“Tried it.” Heidi shrugged, “Wasn’t impressed with the benefit package.”

Gareth chuckled, “I’m starting to like you Guardian. Shame I have to kill you now.”

“I’ll try to put up a bit of challenge for you.” Heidi winked.

“I know you will.” Gareth replied springing forward.

Heidi leaped back into the hallway where she’d have more room to fight. Gareth burst through the door taking a wide sweep with his claw which Heidi easily blocked. He immediately returned with a straight jab. Heidi drove his attack left and wide with her dagger. She tried to return with a swing from her right dagger but Gareth tucked his claw in close for the block. This prevented him from making a counter attack so Heidi drove straight in with the left. Gareth blocked this as well which Heidi expected. His right arm was now across his body from the block so she quickly jabbed with her right dagger cutting his arm just below the elbow. His claw swung back knocking her arm wide and nearly jarring the dagger from her hand. Her left dagger quickly came in as she spun her body with the momentum of her right arm. Gareth blocked this but Heidi continued her spin dropping to her knees and letting her right dagger swing across his legs catching him in the left thigh. She ending in a defensive stance which just managed to block a wicked jab from Gareth but the force of the attack knocked her back on her heals. Gareth took another swipe hoping to knock her off balance but a quick jump back corrected her stance. He growled angrily and began a series of quick short swings. Heidi easily blocked each swing with her daggers but found she was being driven back and unable to counter attack. Becky turned to see the two combatants parrying toward her. Becky brought up her hand gun and aimed for the beast. Gareth saw her from his advantage point and growled.

“Bringing another into our little skirmish isn’t very sporting.”

“I’m not too concerned with fighting fair.” Heidi replied still blocking his attacks, “Just winning.”

Becky fired of a round that went wide. It streaked passed Heidi’s head singeing her hair on the left side of her bangs. Heidi shot Becky a quick scowl.

“Whose side are you on?” She cried.

“Sorry!” Becky replied, “I told you I’ve never shot one of these.”

“Well…” Heidi started blocking another attack, “Aim more left.”

Gareth just chuckled as he continued to swing at the little Newman girl.

“Maybe you could just blast him with one of those techniques.” Becky suggested.

“Can’t.” Heidi puffed as she blocked three more swings, “Not enough TP left…..and not enough time.”

“And you don’t have a wand.” Gareth grinned, “And I’m not about to let you equip one.”

“Not a problem.” Heidi shrugged and this time she let his attack get through.

She twisted left so the claw just missed the front of her shirt then she dropped to her knees and with a swift jab of her foot, she kicked him in the cut on his leg then followed with a sweep of her leg taking out his right foot. He fell onto his butt and Heidi leaped forward onto him pinning his claw with her left dagger and her right holding at his throat. Becky rushed over holding her gun at his head. She figured at this range she couldn’t miss.

“Very clever Miss Kimble.” Gareth smiled.

He was hardly winded but Heidi was gasping for air.

“Key card.” She managed to squeeze in between breaths.

“What’s the matter Miss Kimble?” Gareth smirked, “I thought Guardians were in much better shape.”

“I don’t understand.” She gasped, “I can’t breathe properly.”

“Something smells funny.” Becky frowned and even she started having difficultly breathing.

“Maybe it’s my aftershave.” Gareth laughed.

“What have you done?” Heidi gasped feeling rather light headed.

“Just breathe deeply.” Gareth grinned.

An angry scowl crossed Heidi’s face and the smile quickly drained away from his face. Gareth knew he had erred and now he was about to pay. He felt the burning pain and felt his lungs begin to fill with his own blood as Heidi slid her dagger into his throat. He slumped to the floor gurgling his last breath. Heidi sat up and tried to climb off of him nearly falling over as Heidi head continued to spin. Becky quickly grabbed her under her arms and dragged her back. She dropped to the floor as her head became dizzy but it immediately started to clear now that they were away from Gareth.

“Is there no end to a beast’s trickery?” Heidi said gulping in the fresh air.

Becky took a couple deep breaths then gasped, “Heidi, you killed him!”

Heidi just nodded as she let her head clear.

“I can’t believe you killed him.” Becky gasped staring at her friend, “OK I new you might have to but not like that. It was so cold.”

“And how would you have like me to kill him?” Heidi snapped.

“Not at all really.” Becky replied meekly, “I hoped you might have just knocked him out.”

“Grow up Becky!” Heidi scolded her, “This is real life and it’s dangerous. People will try to kill you and you need to be ready to kill back!”

Heidi climbed to her feet and went to look for Gareth’s key card.

“Heidi I’m sorry.” Becky called after her, “I’m not a Guardian. I’m not trained to fight like you.”

She took several steps toward her friend stopping the middle of the hallway holding her hands in front of her and looking down at the floor. Heidi found the card in Bruno’s pocket and quickly picked it out. She stood up looking at the card then down at the dead beast. With an evil grin she kicked the body then turned and froze as Becky stared back at her. The grin fell from her face as she suddenly felt very ashamed of her actions. Her shoulders slumped and she held out her hands as she walked toward her friend.

“Becky, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it. I don’t know what came over me.”

A weak smile came across Becky’s face, “It’s OK, you’ve been through a lot.”

“More than you know.” Heidi sighed dropping her arms to her sides.

“Let’s just these girls out of here.” Becky grinned.

“Good idea.” Heidi smiled and tossed the card to Becky, “You unlock the cells. I’m going to grab my daggers.”

“OK.” Becky nodded and turned to free the girls.

Heidi turned and went back to Gareth where her daggers had fallen. She bent down and scooped up her weapons. She stared at the dead beast a moment before letting out a sigh. She was just about to stand up when the body suddenly sat up and lunged at her. Heidi screamed as she fell back and kicked trying to scurry away from the beast. Gareth continued forward getting to his feet and moving for Heidi. She quickly got to her feet and took a defensive stance. Gareth let out a sick hallow gurgling sound and the veins under his skin began to inflate and turn purple. His skin began to bulge and pulse as the fur started to fall out. Becky heard Heidi’s scream just as she swiped the card through the cell holding Teletha and three other girls. She turned and gasped dropping the card on the floor. Teletha rushed out of the cell first turning toward the scream. The other three girls rushed out then huddled behind Becky when they spotted the monster. Teletha let out a soft growl then picked up the card and shoved it into Becky’s hand.

“Quickly free the others.” She said then took Becky’s gun, “I’ll help Heidi with the Seed.”

Becky stood stunned for a second then nodded as she replied, “Right.”

Teletha rushed down the hallway stopping beside Heidi.

“This thing better be ready for a fight.”

“We’ll give it a good one.” Heidi smiled.

Gareth’s body completed its mutation finishing as a tall lean purple monster with long legs and arms. It barely fit in the hallway which Heidi hopped would limit its mobility.

“Cover me.” She said as rushed the monsters right.

Teletha fired several shots hoping to attract the creature’s attention. It didn’t. The monster lashed out at the rushing Newman and ignored the damage from the handgun. Heidi tried to duck the swinging arm but misjudged the reach. The claw caught her on the right shoulder and across the right side of her face just missing her eye. She dropped to the floor loosing grip on her dagger. She tried to reach up to her face but her right arm wouldn’t raise that high and replied with searing pain. The creature raised its arm to finish her. She rolled left just missing the chop coming up to her feet. She tried to stand straight but the pain in her half functioning arm forced her to bend in that direction. Teletha continued to fire as she rushed in. The creature took a swing with its left arm. Heidi raised her left dagger to block. The impact knocked her back and sent the dagger flying down the hall. The creature took another chop at Heidi. Teletha rushed up blocking the arm with her gun.

“I thought Guardians used line shields.” She grunted forcing the arm away.

“I do.” Heidi replied, “I don’t know why it isn’t working.

Teletha aimed the gun at Heidi.

“What are you doing?” Heidi cried.

Teletha fired. The photon bullet rammed into a wall of blue hexagons as Heidi braced for the shot.

“Seems fine to me.” Teletha replied turning back to the monster.

She fired a shot at its head knocking it back slightly.

“ARE YOU INSANE?” Heidi screamed, “You could have killed me.”

Teletha just shrugged and fired three more rapid shots. The creature bent forward and rushed the girls in a deadly charge. Teletha was knocked sideways into the wall and Heidi was simply bowled over. The stomping feet pounded down on her and she felt one of her ribs give out. She cried out in pain gripping her side. She spotted her dagger lying just out of reach. She pumped her legs pushing herself forward. She rapped her fingers around the hilt and pulled it close. The loud pounding on the stone floor drew her attention to the charging monster. She knew she couldn’t get to her feet in time so she rolled out of the way. Teletha stepped out firing several shots before side stepping the monster. Its claw caught her on the way passed spinning her around and slicing a deep cut across her left rib cage. She roared in pain but maintained the grip on the gun. She raised it and fired. Heidi climbed to her feet and readied her dagger. She still had some movement in her right arm so it wouldn’t be dead weight at least. She tried to charge the monster but the pain in her side stopped her. The creature charged again. Teletha fired into its chest but it didn’t even slow down. The beast women tried to avoid the charge and ended up getting squished between the creature and the wall. The creatures charged moved right slightly. Heidi took a swing catching it on the right arm but she was trampled any way. She got fortunate this time as the monsters feet missed her. She wanted to get up but the impact made her injuries even worse and she was now taking short gasps of air. Teletha was a little better as she was on her feet. Becky couldn’t stand it any longer. She handed the card to one of the other girls and rushed down the hall scooping up Heidi’s other dagger as she went. The monster turned and marched back to Heidi and Teletha. Its claw came down on the Newman who just got her dagger up in time. The claw came down pinning her dagger between it and her side. Teletha fired two shots and was rewarded with a claw smashing into her chest. The monster raked it across her as it pulled back. Teletha screamed and dropped to the floor. Becky rushed up behind the creature and took a chop driving it into the monsters back. She was shocked at how easily the S-red Blade cut through the monsters flesh. It roared and spun around swinging its arm. Becky didn’t see the attack and was sent flying back with a yelp. Heidi got to her knees and chopped her dagger into the monsters calf. It kicked back sending her skidding across the floor. This resulted in another broken rib. She closed her eyes and tried to draw on her technique power but nothing happened. Not enough time had passed from the last use so her TP hadn’t recharged enough. Becky climbed to her feet and rushed the monster. She didn’t even get close as a sweeping arm drove into her side, the tip of the sickle shaped claw driving between two ribs. She screamed as the creature tried to pick her up but the two ribs gave out with a sickening snap and Becky dropped the couple inches back to her feet. As soon as she hit the floor she crumpled into a ball. Heidi cried out for her friend and clawed at the floor trying to drag herself. Teletha forced her legs to push her up and gave a mighty roar. In a flash of bright light she transformed into a glowing blue beast. The monster’s attention shifted from the human to the threat. Teletha rushed forward clawing and scratching at the creature. It clawed back but she ignored the damage as she felt no pain in this state. The Seed monster didn’t stand a chance against the nanoblast and was quickly reduced to a pile of purple flesh. Teletha stood over the body breathing heavily waiting for her blast to end. The other girls slowly moved toward them still cautious that it might still be alive. Samuel came running down the hallway looking quite panicked and kept looking over his shoulder. Teletha finally reverted back in another flash then crumpled to the floor cut and bleeding. Becky sat up and crawled to the beast woman. She was glad the woman was still alive but she needed immediate medical attention.

“Seed.” Samuel exhaled, “They are every where. The whole town is crawling with them.”

“We know.” Becky frowned, “We just fought one.”

Samuel looked at the pile of flesh then to Heidi who was limping back to them and holding the side of her face in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

“My god.” Samuel gasped, “Where’s Gareth?”

No one answered but Heidi turned and looked at the dead body.

“No.” Samuel gasped again and dropped his head.

“I’m very sorry about your friend but he did try to kill us.” Becky frowned, “Teletha here needs help so how about it?”

Samuel looked down at the beast woman for a moment and nodded.

“OK, I’ll help but we have to move her.”

He turned to the group of women and pointed to four humans in the front.

“You four pick her up and follow me.” He said then addressed the rest, “Everyone else get to the loading docks. You will find an armoured transport there. Get into the cargo area and close the doors. You should be safe from any Seed attacks. I’ll be there right after I deal with these.”

The women just stood there looking at each other.

“What are you waiting for?” Becky asked climbing to her feet,” Get going!”

This prompted everyone into action. The four human girls picked Teletha up and followed Samuel to a small first aid room and placed the beast woman on the table. Heidi and Becky limped after them. Samuel nodded his thanks then urged the four girls to join the others. Heidi and Becky stayed by the door as Samuel pulled out a medical pack and went to work.

“She’s lost a lot of blood.” He said, “I can’t do much here. I’ll try to stabilize her and close some of these wounds.”

Becky nodded as she helped Heidi into a chair then started cleaning the cut on her face. The best she could do was to bandage it up until they could get to the hospital. Once that was done she moved to the nasty slice on Heidi’s shoulder. It too needed professional attention. Samuel glanced over his shoulder to make sure the two girls were occupied and pulled a small bottle of clear liquid from a drawer. He pulled a syringe from his pack and quietly filled it. He moved his body too slightly to block the girls view then injected Teletha with the liquid. He moved to the drawer and dropped the syringe into it as he pulled a roll of bandage out. He began wrapping some of her minor cuts. Heidi caught a glance and frowned wondering why he wasn’t dressing her more severe cuts. Teletha began to convulse. Samuel moved to hold her down so she wouldn’t fall off the table.

“What’s going on?” Heidi asked trying to stand but Becky held her down.

“I don’t know.” Samuel replied, “I’m not a doctor but I think she’s gone into shock.”

“Do something!” Becky pleaded.

“I told you I’m not a doctor.” Samuel snapped, “I don’t know what to do.”

Teletha relaxed as the seizure ended and lay still.

“No, no.” Samuel shook his head and climbed up onto the table.

He started CPR and artificial respiration. Becky and Heidi watched nervously until Samuel finally quite with a sigh. He turned to the two girls and shook his head slowly.

“No.” Becky gasped and started to cry.

Heidi just sat and glared at the beast man. Samuel slowly looked away from her gaze and climbed off the table. He washed his hands then pulled the door open stopping in the doorway.

“I’m sorry.” He said without looking at Heidi, “I tried my best but she was just too far gone.”

He slipped out the door letting it close with a soft click. Becky moved to Teletha and cried into her arm. Heidi painfully climbed to her feet then patted Becky on the back with her good arm. She looked down at the beast woman and felt the tears drip from her eyes. She wiped them away with a sniff. She checked the first aid kit for some pain killers but found none. She started searching through the cupboards and drawers finally finding the syringe. She eyed it closely then gave the tip a sniff. It had an alcohol smell to it. She tossed the syringe across the room with a curse. Becky wiped her eyes and looked over at her fuming friend.

“I am going to ripe his heart out.” Heidi growled and stormed out the door.

Becky followed her friend but kept her distance. She found Heidi in the loading bay with her fists clenched and staring at the open door.

“He left.” Becky said softly, “With out us.”

“Of coarse he did.” Heidi growled, “We’re damaged goods. He killed Teletha and made off with the other girls.”

“We didn’t help anyone.” Becky sighed feeling completely defeated.

Several people ran passed the door panicked and screaming.

“Come on.” Heidi said tugging on Becky’s arm, “We better get out of here. We still have a cousin to find.”