Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Yeah, well, go find some other topic to steal and cram with posts that aren't my answers to other peoples' questions... It's bad enough I have you and Kirukia now arguing on the importance of Force stats, let alone stealing quests I could have answered and been done with myself. <.<

Anyways, time for random advice of the day! I will also be posting these in the first post of the topic, to keep everything grouped together. ;P

:Advice of the Day - 1/10/11:
    You may wonder why you may find certain weapons of certain star values and stats, and wonder why they are so coveted by players. Why is this you ask? What could anyone possibly want with a 4* armor with ~50 DFP and ~80 EVP like Pizza Box? Well, it's quite simple: they have exceedingly high grind limits! Because of this, even low-tier weapons and armors can reach high levels of attack power and defensive abilities, respectively. That Pizza Box from before? It has an ungodly NINETY-NINE GRIND LIMIT, allowing it to become one of the strongest armors in the game, and is wieldable by any and all classes starting at a lowly level 14. Think those piddly rares you found were complete junk? Well, I hope this proves that thought wrong! ;D
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Jan 10, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Well...We're not exactly arguing, he just pointed out some parts of my post that weren't precise, which I'm grateful for. But, I guess I'll let the answers come from you if that's what you want.

It's fine, I'm just in a bit of a bad mood I didn't mean to answer so bluntly. Just wanted to make sure he didn't run in with a slicer and miss most of the time

@Chaos: There are plenty more decent foie hazes floating around than kougas. That speaks for itself. Besides the fact that he most likely won't be using the kouga, the ATA difference is still drastic. Between the Rage Tonfa and Kouga there is an over 150 ATA difference. That's one and a half hit mags. I'm not saying that slicers don't have thier own advantages, but we were simply discussing that amount of ATA he would need, nothing about MST or teching.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

I also didn't mean to cause a stir, simply by stating what weapon and class type I'd like to use. I'm just a fan of slicers since they're basically boomerangs, which are pretty sweet.

And it doesn't have to hit every time, as far as I'm concerned. 75% accuracy is still pretty good, in my book. If nothing else, I believe I could use a boosting spell to help my own case, and if not, I'm sure the Femini will come in handy.

I'm a fan of flexibility. Just because I play a Force doesn't mean I'm going to spam techniques. I'm very cautious and frugle with my spells. I'll have to set that Shuriken as a goal, but are there any other good slicers in between my level 20 Zalure Giobanaci and that? I'll assume so, if anybody would care to reccommend what types and where to obtain.

75% accuracy isn't bad but the fact is you could easily get near 100%, and if you plan to use them as your main weapon, you'd want near 100%. Otherwise you'll easily be outdamaged by other classes. Slicers however have the potential to be very useful weapons, especially with Bright Sign. If you want to do a teching/slicer hybrid then Kouga is good, but it's very hard to find. If you're concerned with slicer damage, go for any of these 3:
    Trois Souther
    Loneos
    Eridanus

Trois and Loneos are not too difficult to find but Eridanus is. Get one with a level 3 element, change it to celeb, and make sure it has Bright Sign. And you have a pretty solid slicer that you can use forever

On the psoworld forum page there is an Item Database on the left under PSZ.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Celeb might be good, but I'm not exactly rolling in funds at the moment. Would perhaps an X element or a HP/PP Siphon work better, since I do not have too much money to use a Celeb with?

Depends on what mode you're on. If you're in Normal Mode just use whichever element you'd like. In Hard Mode you might gain a little money, and in SH you'll get so much money you won't even be able to spend it quick enough. Even with celeb. I'd wait until Hard to use celeb.

Meseta has almost no value in this game outside of photon fortifying, mates/fluids/etc, and weapon crafting.

Very rarely will you be making weapons from parts, and consumables are not expensive at all. So really you'll only need it for PFing and celeb.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Ah, I guess you have a point. What I may do is also stockpile mates and fluids during storymode play, so I'll have plenty to use when level grinding.

Thank you for your advice and help. Good to know that there's a multitude of knowledgeable folk around.

Now I just need to find some people to play with. I would wager one hard run through Paru would definately get me a few levels at level 11 :P

No problem, good luck with your future endeavors
    Best thing to do is find active people who play that you can party with, since Free Play has such limited communication and the player base is small.
    Good luck!
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I would imagine doing a Hard Paru run at level 11 would ALSO be impossible... since you have to be level 30 or have beaten the Story Mode to be able to play on Hard in the first place. : /
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277