Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dear Minecraft Owners,

I write this letter to you, in request for a solution to my minecraft predicament. I have just recently read all about the latest thrills and joys of this "minecract" experience and I was thinking of hoping on board. But alas! I had also discovered this new "Steam" technology and it seems I have thrown all my precious shillings into it, mostly purchased items I won't ever play only because the price was so pleasing! Ahh Steam, what wonderous new inventions they will make with steam power! Like steam powered trains...

Anyways! After spending all of my hard earned Francs I have realized I have just barely enough for this "Minecraft" I've heard so much about. I am also going to a far away land that prohibits games for several months in only 2 weeks.

So this is what I am asking my fellow FKLers. Is Minecraft worth all the money i have now ($20) to play for 2 weeks then not play till may, or wait till may and buy it for $25?

I await your responses feverishly, Sincerely Pikachief.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

If you are willing to spend the entirety of that two weeks doing nothing but playing Minecraft, then yeah, you should be good.

It can be hard to stop playing once you really get into it.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

your only options.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Jan 12, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

Why not just "borrow" it off the internet.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

I got Minecraft during the Alpha stage, so I know it is more than worth it. It's very very hyper addictive, but your mileage will vary. It's kind of a combination of building, exploration, and survival. Your end game can vary based on what you want to do, though there are some things which are obviously *late game-only* if not end game. Taking note, it's quite an adventure of discovery and invention to eventually make it to the Netherworld and partake of its treats against the most dangerous monsters in the game.

Make sure, when you go, you take very little with you, with the exception of simpler mining tools, Good weapons, and a good stock of arrows. It's much easier to lose everything on you when you go in the Netherworld and are forced to respawn. For some, their end game is to not only build themselves a great palace, but to build one in the Netherworld as if you claim ownership of it. It's dangerous in there, but to make your castle in that place would be the ultimate achievement, from a survival point of view. Not sure how badly the Ghasts would hinder you, though.

Still, it may take you quite a few hours to get there. You need to find some of the more rare and *dug in* materials to not only find your substances, but to produce the tools to mine them. Where everything is psuedo-random. What I mean by that, is that there is an order of what kinds of materials to expect and where, but whether you'll find that strand at any given place is unknown.

Good rock materials kind of work like a root system. You may find an iron ore block, but you may find a 10 block chain of iron ore all connected to each other in a straight line, or any other kind of shape. It's like you find one thing, and you look to see how far it spreads. The discovery is well rewarded because it gives you something new you can build.

You may make multiple Mines and Domiciles. Eventually making a transportation system between them. All the while, still defending yourself from monsters.

Still, the big aspect of Minecraft, when it comes to price. If you're interested in it. Buy it as early as you can. Always remember, the earlier you buy it, the cheaper you have to pay for it. You'll get the full and expansions for it anyway, might as well save as much money as possible when you legally support it.

I just died for the first time yesterday. I was exploring what I thought was a shallow cave, then took a wrong step and fell down into a bunch of skeletons. I lost a bunch of items.

But now I rebuild, and I will get the last laugh.

Thanks One of the main reasons I was thinking of putting it off is because I wouldn't be able to play it like crazy and I thought that would make my purchase not feel worth it, but hey the game's not going anywhere and the price is only going to increase so investment! yay lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Minecraft is a great timesink game, especially if you love building things and exploring a massive world. My friends and I have our own server!

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Virtual Legos with things that try to kill you. Sounds fun to me.

Seriously though, the game is definitely worth the buy. No longer half price though like it was during alpha.

get it, play it, never beat it