Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ? Private Server?

i heard about it along time ago not sure what ever happened to it if any one can pm me with info that would be great thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNinja View Post
    i heard about it along time ago not sure what ever happened to it if any one can pm me with info that would be great thanks in advance.
    why go private server with hackers when jp is free?

Last edited by Dhylec; Jan 19, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: merge

Ya the private server seems to rely on using the JP AOI download, so i'm guessing it'd include the updates JP PSU has. I think they're all still in test/beta stages but i'm not sure i've not looked into it in the last month or so. Who knows about hacking, maybe in the eartly stages that'd happen n all, but a free predominantly english speaking server will have much more appeal than the JP server in a few years after the xbox server is closed etc etc. With more time spent on the private PSU server's i'm sure they'll end up with a large dedicated community bit like the PSO servers have become.

Tifa

Quote Originally Posted by pstargod View Post
    why go private server with hackers when jp is free?
    Not everyone wants to deal with moon runes or the limitations of the free course.

That said, if you're looking for functionality, it'll be a while before the private server gets to a state where it's actually enjoyably playable. It's extremely limited with what you can do right now so JP may be the better option in the meantime.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

There aren't any really functional private servers yet.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jan 19, 2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Don't name names.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

I'd almost forgotten about this, yeah it'd be nice if a server were to be completed, since as Zero said, I don't care to learn moon runes and play a limited game.

Before you guys decide going further. Y'all need to keep in mind this thread, as it applies the same.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72843
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Before you guys decide going further. Y'all need to keep in mind this thread, as it applies the same.

this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post

This. PSO-World doesn't support it and never has IIRC.

(Besides, it'll be a looonng time before we see this happen anyway)

I think we're all still within the guidelines, no one has explicitly stated the name of the server or how to get to it in this thread. The only thing we're on the borderline with is the "No encouraging using private servers" rule. Even then no one has outright "encouraged" or tried to force anyone to go to one. I think we've managed to discuss the OP's question to a certain extent without breaking any of the rules here and it should still be okay to do so as long as we aren't stepping over any boundaries.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter