Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like to juggle between GC and paying for a month. If I really really need either to trade something or buy something i'll pay $10 for 1 month (did it once to get a nice cheap 10-11* gunner pallet to play GM) then i'll pay $10 for some GC to get some cool stuff out of that (i've also only done this once)

Its nice i like it. Not necessarily free the way i play it but cheaper even though i do get less features :P (but $20 is still not too bad for several months)
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

the private server is not just going to be a carbon copy of the the original. There is going to be some big changes to balance, so its not just White beast all day, erry day. there is also possibility of user made missions and items, and a PSP2 style custom class system. but the most interesting proposed change is to the leveling, which will be capped at 200, but levels 100 to 200 will earn far less stats, and take longer to level up. So its essentially capped at 100 but above that is just for E-peen status.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

Also, there won't be any hacking once it is done, so you don't have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Also, there won't be any hacking once it is done, so you don't have to worry about that.
    there will be hacking, they just dont allow it. it'll most likely be a "under the radar" kinda thing.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

No. The server is going to be coded in such a way that hacking will not be possible, at least not as it was done on the official server.

Or at least that is one of the goals of the project.

No. The server is going to be coded in such a way that hacking will not be possible, at least not as it was done on the official server.

Or at least that is one of the goals of the project.
    no program is "unhackable" and the fact its going to be free to play will bring more hackers into the game. Claiming it "unhackable" is just baiting the hook for hackers. It just takes time.

If it does become unhackable, I'm all for it. I may play on the server being that the data I logged last year works on the server and I get all my chars, equips, and such back.

JP PSU

Doesn't matter if it's hackable or not. Thats why you get GMs that are actually dedicated to doing what they're expected to do.

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    I may play on the server being that the data I logged last year works on the server and I get all my chars, equips, and such back.
    Not going to happen on the server we're talking about here, I'm afraid.

Everything is going to be rebalanced and changed rather drastically (in terms of stats, EXP curve, and the like), so it's been decided that the recorded data will not be used.

Of course, the server software will be open source, so you can set up your own and use the old data there if you so choose.

And regarding the issue of hacking, yes it is obviously impossible to make a program that is impossible to hack. However, what passed itself off as hacking on the official server was merely packet editing and taking advantage of gaping security holes in the server code. A goal of this project is to make a server without those holes, one that can disallow unexpected values received from the client.

Completely unhackable? Obviously not.
    Unable to be hacked anywhere near as easily as official server was? Absolutely.

That is, assuming everything works out as planned.

Not going to happen on the server we're talking about here, I'm afraid.

Everything is going to be rebalanced and changed rather drastically (in terms of stats, EXP curve, and the like), so it's been decided that the recorded data will not be used.
    U lost me here

Well u can most likely count me out on playing on that server.
    Last edited by str898mustang; Jan 26, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

JP PSU

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    U lost me here

Well u can most likely count me out on playing on that server.
    JP and 360 won't last forever. It'll be the only way to play PSU eventually.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter