Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really want to see Corvette win GTEPro, should've won last year.

The Audi R18 crashes were huge, strange that both crashes happened more-or-less the same way; sort of makes me wonder if there's a fault with the R18. Wouldn't be the first time a car has had a fault that's ruined the race for the team:

Just makes me wonder if there's an aerodynamic problem with the car under heavy braking.

It still amazes me how the drivers handle La Sarthe; during the night the visibility on the back section is nearly zero and you're pushing over 160mph on some parts (around 200 on Hunaudieres Straight). Insane really, the only race more dangerous I can think of is the Nurburgring 24.

Edit: It's over! Audi take the win in LMP1 with their sole surviving car, Nissan take LMP2, and Chevrolet take GTPro. So glad to see Corvette Racing take this; it's apparently Chevy's 100th anniversary this year too.
    Last edited by Neith; Jun 12, 2011 at 08:12 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    The Audi R18 crashes were huge, strange that both crashes happened more-or-less the same way; sort of makes me wonder if there's a fault with the R18. Wouldn't be the first time a car has had a fault that's ruined the race for the team:
    YouTube - ‪Mercedes CLR-GTR Lemans Flip‬‏
    Just makes me wonder if there's an aerodynamic problem with the car under heavy braking.

It still amazes me how the drivers handle La Sarthe; during the night the visibility on the back section is nearly zero and you're pushing over 160mph on some parts (around 200 on Hunaudieres Straight). Insane really, the only race more dangerous I can think of is the Nurburgring 24..
    Looks like the Corvette also won in GTE-Am.

I heard Audi may have reduced down force to compensate for some mandatory decrease in power. The may have taken too much off.

Of the 2 Audi vs Ferrari incidents, I'd blame the first one on the Audi, going way too fast and should have waited to pass the Ferrari (much like his team mate was doing). The second one the Ferrari should have stayed left.
    Here are the 2 big Audi vs Ferrari crashes:
    Crash 1 (non-English audio):
    Crash 2 (non-English audio):

More updates when I actually watch the race (and others).
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Jun 12, 2011 at 08:03 PM.

Yeah, the first looked like McNish came into the bend too quickly and the Ferrari had nowhere to go. It wasn't a particularly good overtaking spot, and I think McNish should've held back until after the sweeping section.

The second one was the Ferrari's fault- you could see the R18 making the overtake manuever, but the Ferrari just moved over into the way. I didn't catch which class the Ferrari was from, but I'll assume it was GTEam, because I just can't see a pro driver making that kind of mistake.

So glad Corvette won GTEPro, I was worried when one of the cars made a pit stop and wouldn't start again (under regulations, all driver changes require the car to be turned off and refired under its own power- no rock starting or external starter motor is allowed). The 'Vette sat there for a good 10 seconds failing to fire up until it finally did. I'm betting it was a pretty nerve-wracking moment for Corvette Racing

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I don't watch much racing but the Canadian Grand Prix yesterday was crazy.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    I don't watch much racing but the Canadian Grand Prix yesterday was crazy.
    I'm a Button fan, and it was nice to see a little variety at the top of the podium.
    Tax the fucking churches.