Thread: what to hunt

IS A DINOSAUR raaaaaaaawr anbmiller's Avatar

Default what to hunt

What items/ weapons should i start hunting for.
    Lvl 49 Hucast Skyly
    ATP 665 DFP 130 ATA 102 EVP 228 LCK 10
    those are my base stats with only my mag on. lvl 200 47/128/20/5, got it from a Humar
    Gir01 Lvl 85
    MY QUEST TO B A FOCAST BEGINS NOW.
    Spoiler!

take your pic

Tifa
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Jan 31, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Link contained information and name of private server

There aren't many good things to choose from I'm afraid. For very hard, the best things I can come up with that might benefit you are God/Arm, God/HP, and Vivienne. The God/Arm will boost your Hucast's much needed ATA, especially with that mag, the God/HP will help increase your survivability, and the Vivienne would just be to sell for Photon Drops or other items, unless you would prefer to keep it for a female character that you may have. I recommend that you try to trade for a V101 or at the very least a Heavenly/Battle since the speed boost makes a huge difference in performance. Other than that, there really isn't much you can do until you hit ultimate and are able to hold your own.

I amcurrently failingin VH by myself... I am also working on a Mag with 5/145/50/0. or would a different #ed mag be better?
    Gir01 Lvl 85
    Spoiler!

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

5/145/50/0 is one of the usual "generic" set of stats for a power MAG. IMO, it's fine for your HUcast.

The mag you suggested is good enough. Personally, I used a 5/125/70/0 Robochao for a long duration on my Hucast but I didn't use an arm unit. The first thing you should try to aim for on a Hucast is to max his ATA. Using the mag you plan on making, you may want to use a Heavenly/Arm, if you can manage to get one, or God/Arm which is much easier to get. I also have a couple of other suggestions I overlooked before. The items I'm about to list are usually very cheap, so you shouldn't have much trouble buying them off other players. Smartlink will give you an invisible ATA boost while using ranged weapons, some people claim it is a useless unit since they don't notice a difference; however, I disagree. A few cheap, common, and powerful weapons you should invest in are Charge Vulcans, Charge Raygun, and Charge Diska. These weapons are actually better than their rare counter parts, though it is debatable as to which is the better sacrificial slicer between Charge Diska and Diska of Braveman, and will serve you well throughout the rest of the game. If you are having trouble getting photon drops then I suggest raising mags for people since that is generally worth around twenty five photon drops as long as the mag is made properly, though it is boring and time consuming, or you could sell meseta, usually 250,000 meseta is equal to one photon drop, or sell your various nine star rare items that you don't use for one photon drop. To reiterate, sell junk items, meseta, or mags to make a good chunk of photon drops then buy V101 or Heavenly/Battle, Heavenly/Arm or God/Arm, Smartlink, Charge Diska, Charge Vulcan, and Charge Raygun. Note that the V101 and Heavenly/Arm are very expensive and that it may be a good idea to invest in a Heavenly/HP as well.

Edit: This is merely my opinion after all. You can play the game however you want, I just find the items I listed to be tremendously useful when it came to being self sufficient in the harder areas of the game.
    Last edited by Dongra; Feb 1, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

ok so i can adapt my plan for my 5/145/50/0 to work towards 5/125/70/0. Thaank you very much for the help and your opinion it should be very usefull. Lvl 52 now!!
    Gir01 Lvl 85
    Spoiler!

Try going for the Yamato if you're into twin swords. 1/16 chance from Forest Dragon in VH. Alternatively, go for the Stag Cutlery: 1/16 from VH Barba Ray

You may also wish to try for the Graviton Plate, since you are nearing lvl 54
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...icle&artid=121

Happy Hunting!
    And great sig, btw TC =p
    Focus... and FOCast~

Thank you very much, everyone. This is a cloned Thread of the one i posted on ********'s forum. On there i got this as an idea
    Not only will leveling help you in the fact that you will find better rares, but the whole time you are leveling up, you get to find those *bad* rares too.
    My suggestion is to find a cheap hell weapon with hit and do PW3 over and over. You'll find absolutely nothing worth over 1pd, but you'll level really fast and get to ult where you will find better rares everywhere.
    This is a good idea but as a HUcast my ata is, well, bad. I would say that this is a great plan but the bad ata and the lack of a hell weapon, and the forum to search for one, it is a hard process.

Thank you Focaster i am currently working on a skin for a FO that will look like they are a cast.
    Gir01 Lvl 85
    Spoiler!

Spamming hell in episode 2 is a good way to get experience but, as you already said, you need a good hit hell weapon. As much as I hate to admit it, spamming TTF, RT, and MA4C does net a good amount of experience. Alternatively, you could exploit the kings series specials to steal extra experience. The specials are broken on that server, so you can, for example, get yourself a high hit Kings Gungnir and use it on the three lizard spawns at the start of any of the MA4 episode 4 quests, or use an experience stealing mechgun, or Master Raven, to steal experience from episode 2 recoboxes. However, exploiting that special is frowned upon. There really isn't much to hunt in very hard, aside from some section ID's in episode 4, so the best thing you could do is level up so you can start hunting in ultimate. You can spam the three quests I already mentioned with a good party, it's easier then getting a decent hit hell weapon since they can be expensive, and try out other quests in between spamming the previous three just to break up the monotony. I'm still going to recommend that you try to purchase the items I listed in my previous post as those will make things much easier for you in the long run.