Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well it can be argued that Eastern Artists are all perverts. Game artists anyway. Not that the West is better, tell me how many bald space marines do you see? I'll take the East's pervertedness over bland Bald Space Marines any day. Blame the market. Market loves that shit. Maybe your peers have a significant proportion of degenerates?

Well, that's shooters, and for only 1 brand of them. You're looking very limited, and there's a lot more than bald space marines now. For RPGs, the West always has a nice and ecclectic arrangement of clothing possibilities. Way more (more) practical choices to go one way or the other. The demands for having the practical and the buttkicking ensembles to go with sexy and cute, have always been pretty high over here, and the developers followed suit.

However, the limited clothing slants are often spread to the entirety of the Japanese gaming medium, not something summed up in 1 single subcategory of genre. Of course, there are notable exceptions here and there. But the ratio to space-marines to the rest of Western developer works are small, and in a few medium/high profile titles. Can't say that for the opposite. There is just no balanced ratio, in that regard.

My western part of my gaming library for this and last gen is filled with a lot of great games and the amount of ones with bald space marines is pretty much counted in 1 hand.

But markets are markets. You deal with them. Sure, it stifles some character choices I'd love to put in their games, which would fit the overall design. But I deal with those character limitations and move on. Obviously, a different game will get that character. I'm happy that I can even have 3 outfit choices that more-or-less fit the character, though it's a bit harsh that such common character types would be so misrepresented.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 2, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

Default I have a solution...

I think I have a solution...

This is my character Tamara (in Infinity)wearing the cowboy hat (female), female Duman dress in white, with an S rank sword. Very feminine and sensual, yet not sexualized or revealing in any way. I personally love the classic look it gives, yet it works in the Phantasy Star universe.

I know it looks really classic, but it's a great look that leaves alot to the imagination. Comments?

BTW, I also have the blue wings equipped, I just like the look
    Hi! My name is Tamara, nice to meet you!

I'm aware you haven't been around for a while, but even then, this is a really huge necro. By huge I mean 1 year and 9 months ago.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I'm aware you haven't been around for a while, but even then, this is a really huge necro. By huge I mean 1 year and 9 months ago.
    Yup, but since has been revived... just my 2 cents:

Gaming industry is ruled by males, and the gamer community is composed of males mostly. So, females charas fashion respond to this fact.
    Even if the female number of gamers is increasing every day, we still are a minority.
    So, this tendency respond to a market demand.
    May change in the future (or don't) if we start to be a bigger comercial target for the industry.

About PSP2/i - PSO2 fashion on females: It SUCKS.
    There's no balance... clothes are too girlish or too slutty. Is evidently clothes was designed to satisfy male gamers.
    Also, the limit for conbinations between upper/lower sets are stupid... because in some cases combinations which don't interfere with each other - graphics related - cannot be done. I cannot find a good reason for this.
    I have experimented with combinations not allowed by the game (psp2/i) and there's no conflict between many sets. No graphic errors at all.

Funny thing is, since the default game setting for clothes sucks imo, the only way to get a cool result for me is via modding.

PSP2i - Universe 1 / 11:00 Pm - 01:00Am Buenos Aires Time (UTC −3)