Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I understand your excitement with getting this game but reading through all this I quickly noted to myself that mostly everything you asked could be found out with a simple Google search.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the game as much as I have...Best of luck in your search for the many rares

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    I think there's too many weapons in PS:P2... a lot of them are crap and not worth getting... I can't see the point in having over 1200 different weapons when in the end, the most you'll probably end up using is somewhere around 100 max. :/
    I agree 1200 weapons is too many for one player, but not for the entire community. Rare items are becoming the the new common and anyone can use them. These are some "flaws" in the game that make so many of the of the weapons unnecessary.

The first problem is that many of the rares aren't that rare anymore. Every enemy has an opportunity to drop a decent weapon, and several common weapons. Add the fact that almost any level can be easily solo's makes getting really nice weapons a breeze. Once a player gets a few "rare" weapons, common drops become vendor trash. By the time a player gets to S rank the floor seems to be cluttered with crap you don't need anymore.

Another "problem" is that every race and class has almost equal access to every weapon and PA. Why should anyone bother using a one handed dagger and a shield when they can all run around with twin sabers and blade destruction. Every class gravitates toward using the most efficient weapons for their own situation. If each class was more limited in what weapons they could use, there would more weapons used.

If PS made the "rares" rare again and made more weapons class/race specific we would see people using more of the weapons. Maybe in the future SEGA will have time to balance out drops a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by pso_crash View Post
    I agree 1200 weapons is too many for one player, but not for the entire community. Rare items are becoming the the new common and anyone can use them. These are some "flaws" in the game that make so many of the of the weapons unnecessary.

The first problem is that many of the rares aren't that rare anymore. Every enemy has an opportunity to drop a decent weapon, and several common weapons. Add the fact that almost any level can be easily solo's makes getting really nice weapons a breeze. Once a player gets a few "rare" weapons, common drops become vendor trash. By the time a player gets to S rank the floor seems to be cluttered with crap you don't need anymore.

Another "problem" is that every race and class has almost equal access to every weapon and PA. Why should anyone bother using a one handed dagger and a shield when they can all run around with twin sabers and blade destruction. Every class gravitates toward using the most efficient weapons for their own situation. If each class was more limited in what weapons they could use, there would more weapons used.

If PS made the "rares" rare again and made more weapons class/race specific we would see people using more of the weapons. Maybe in the future SEGA will have time to balance out drops a little more.
    PSO forum area is thataway -->

-Wayu

What's this? Someone complaining about the full customization of PSP2? And then I'll bet someone will complain about the blocking/dodging and saying that the game isn't 'hardcore' because of that, or maybe even complain about EXP points and that we should always be lv 1, or some other dumb crap.

And all those weapons are there for personal tastes and nostalgia, not just for min/maxers. Different tools for different fools.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

PSO purists in the PSP forum!

Red alert!

-Wayu

Alright, calm down. I haven't played PSO. Good to see that your only rebuttal to my idea is nostalgia. I just gave the most obvious solution to a complaint. You see the kind of drop system I described in many games not just PSO. I guess another idea would be to just take all the useless junk in the game, but I personally like having more content in the game. I happen to enjoy the game just fine, but I agree many of the weapons, and weapon types, are useless in the game the way it is.

It's fun to experiment too, though. For instance, yesterday I discovered how awesome a claw is(the one handed kind) with a tech-mag. A bunch of the weapons are for collection purposes anyways...you think my male cast is going to use a double saber with hearts on both ends?

Rappy Guild / Blue Rogues PSZFann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pso_crash View Post
    but I agree many of the weapons, and weapon types, are useless in the game the way it is.
    i think its good to have useless weapons, cause to me it makes the good ones more.. of... an acheivment when you find one
    PSZ FC: 1290.8911.5841
    PSZCharacters: FOnewearl Lv53 HUnewerl Lv9 RAmarl lv41
    PSP2characters: lv61 Hunter and lv71 Vanguard
    PM me if you wana play!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSZFann View Post
    i think its good to have useless weapons, cause to me it makes the good ones more.. of... an acheivment when you find one
    Unless you give them to your lower levels like i do so.

Quote Originally Posted by HUcast Lv.100 View Post
    Unless you give them to your lower levels like i do so.
    Shared Storage FTW. I won't have to weapon farm at all for my lvl 23 ranger, given all the rifles I get