Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Default Mini Rappy speedrunning tips: White Beast and The Kasch Test

[White Beast]
    If there are no Mulnuhas or Komazli in the first spawn-wave at the start of Sector 2, MINI RAPPIES WILL SPAWN. If you see any Komazli OR Mulnuhas in the first wave of Sector 2, THEY WILL NOT SPAWN.

In case it wasn't obvious, this tip can be very useful for Lavis speed-running for White Beast S: simply fight all battles leading up to the first key, then skip the wave right before the lock after getting the key, open the gate, then skip the wave that spawns up and to the right of that, fight the waves that appear in the large room with the unidirectional ice-fires, and then head to Sector 2, check for Komazli/Mulnuha, and if there aren't any, you got yourself a Mini Rappy or three.

[The Kasch Test]
    Enter the "Ancient Grove (first option on the teleport list); you will start the stage with a wave of Sand Rappies. Defeat all four Sand Rappies, and depending on if it's the rare map or regular map, you will either encounter a wave of Navals or a wave with some Sand Rappies and a Mini Rappy. Quite Obviously, if there's a Mini Rappy, it's the rare map, and if you see any Navals, reset the mission and try again.

In The Kasch Test A, this is a VERY good place if you're hunting Lavis Cannons, Rappy Barrel EX's, and the occasional Uchi-wa if you like, as in The Kasch Test, if you get the rare map to appear, you will encounter, from start to finish, roughly 12-15 Mini Rappies (solid number to be determined later), each of which can drop a Lavis Cannon if your party leader is either a Hunter or Force. I recommend this one over White Beast if you're hunting specifically for Lavis Cannon (like me). ;P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Feb 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Decided to make it an overall Mini Rappy speedrun tip topic instead of just for White Beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Don't worry. I had to explain a bajillion times how to:

1) Get the true ending
    2) Kill Shizuru
    3) Get Crimson/Whitill/Darkness Wings

Unfortunately, this topic's not gonna stop those questions popping up elsewhere. Sorry.

-Wayu

Those questions are fairly simple to explain online. My little escapade? Takes me nearly 3 minutes EACH TIME to explain, sometimes longer, depending on the IQ of the player and their age, plus every time I do a mission nearly, someone leaves and a NEW guy appears, and once I do this, HE asks me, and the chain renews its cycle... it's almost maddening...
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Feb 6, 2011 at 06:06 AM.

Depending on the Lavis weapon you're hunting, Kasch Test is a faster source of mini rappies; the rare spawn pattern has a lot more of them, and you know if you have the rare spawn immediately after killing the first set of sand rappies. I'm not sure if they drop the full range of Lavis weapons at lv 100, but I can confirm that they drop Lavis Canon, and I believe someone else has gotten the longbow (ick).
    PSP2i: Merydia - Lvl 60 F Newman VA/BR | Lithium - Lvl 7x F Cast HU

Immediately as in how? I know how my spawn pattern works, but just "knowing" if you have it after you beat them isn't exactly inciteful... unless you mean they appear right after you defeat those. <_<

Anyways, that actually doesn't sound like a half-bad idea. The problem is that the higher the enemy's level, supposedly, the better the droprate for its rares (if only I knew any proper source), but depending on how many Mini Rappies there are there, I might start doing that instead later. Can you please list the details of this?

Oh yeah.

Your guy's tips only apply to the US/EU version, BTW.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    If there are no Mulnuhas or Komazli in the first spawn-wave at the start of Sector 2, MINI RAPPIES WILL SPAWN. If you see any Komazli OR Mulnuhas in the first wave of Sector 2, THEY WILL NOT SPAWN.
    Wow, I didn't actually know this I thought mini rappy spawns were independant of the actually map, great to know I can predict them

Pity mini rappys don't drop Double Cannon, thats the lavis weapon I'd really want...
    Last edited by Crimson The FOmar; Feb 6, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryd View Post
    Depending on the Lavis weapon you're hunting, Kasch Test is a faster source of mini rappies; the rare spawn pattern has a lot more of them, and you know if you have the rare spawn immediately after killing the first set of sand rappies. I'm not sure if they drop the full range of Lavis weapons at lv 100, but I can confirm that they drop Lavis Canon, and I believe someone else has gotten the longbow (ick).
    what happens after the first set of sand rappies that lets u know if mini rappies will appear? this description is kind of vague to me.
    I am MEGATRON!!
    Lv100 Cast(Cybertronian)
    ps0 FC:4082-5681-7543
    Your signature image is still over the height limit. Please reduce to 180 pixels or less.
    TradeThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...90#post2471490
    PSOThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...05#post2471905

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron0088 View Post
    what happens after the first set of sand rappies that lets u know if mini rappies will appear? this description is kind of vague to me.
    What will happen is that, right after you kill the first spawn, Mini Rappies will appear.

And they will keep replacing the normal spawns of the mission until you reach the Bag Deggas/Kasch Tribesman, then all should be as per normal from then on.

So if you think about it, that's a huge load of Mini Rappies there...
    PSPo2 Chars:
    Albireo - [Lvl104 Human] VA 21/ HU 6
    Bask - [Lvl137 CAST] VA 25/ RA 20/ HU 10

Thanks for the tip chaosmaster. I have never hunted rappies there before. If I ever do, now I know what to look for.