Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up what's your playstyle? (or battle style, whatever you wanna call it)

it's been awhile since i made a thread on here and also im bored and curious as to what everyone's playstyle is. I usually play the bully role, buffing myself and everyone else up and debuffing the enemies making them weaker. but i like using speed to get things done now (love the fuka-misakis!). sure the weapons i use are weak but they're fast to get the job done. the main three weapons i use are knuckles, twin daggers and twin claws. what's everyone elses playstyle?
    FEEL MY TINY WRATH!

I have a few...

On my main, female Beast Vanguard, I like using twin weapons, mostly twin sabers, as they build chains reasonably fast and usually have great PAs, like Blade Destruction, that can tear things apart. Vanny has a couple of other options too, it has traps, and it has more TP than a hunter so I can heal my dudes now and again if I have the PP, and female beasts have the same TP as a male human, so it's not as if it's the world's worst healer.

I have a Newman Ranger, she uses cards and wands. Sure she's not as strong with a wand as a Force would be, or even a Vanguard, but the main thing is that rangers get lv30 card bullets, which means three blades each time she waves her hand. It's pretty good for strafing round, building a chain in safety, and when it's time to finish, the charge shot level 2 can be fired and while it homes in I have time to do a triple combo with the finishing tech too. Bonus points if it's a Jeris or something, and my tech is the opposite to my card, causing elemental bonus damage... and double bonus if the tech makes it switch before the card hits it, spelling doom. Twin handguns are backup for chain building and first preson if need be. Even as a newman, rifle with the worst ATP is better than bow with the best TEC.

CAST ranger... yeah, it's just guns, doing the gunny thing. Mostly shotguns and laser cannons. And when I'm bored of that, I mix it up with knuckles and burn EX traps, or a dagger & machinegun/crossbow.

In PSP2i, my Newman Ranger has gone Force, as Force now has the lv30 card bullets. Sure, it makes them less accurate due to Force having crap stats, but it makes the tech finisher all the more awesome, huge, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    I have a few...

On my main, female Beast Vanguard, I like using twin weapons, mostly twin sabers, as they build chains reasonably fast and usually have great PAs, like Blade Destruction, that can tear things apart. Vanny has a couple of other options too, it has traps, and it has more TP than a hunter so I can heal my dudes now and again if I have the PP, and female beasts have the same TP as a male human, so it's not as if it's the world's worst healer.

I have a Newman Ranger, she uses cards and wands. Sure she's not as strong with a wand as a Force would be, or even a Vanguard, but the main thing is that rangers get lv30 card bullets, which means three blades each time she waves her hand. It's pretty good for strafing round, building a chain in safety, and when it's time to finish, the charge shot level 2 can be fired and while it homes in I have time to do a triple combo with the finishing tech too. Bonus points if it's a Jeris or something, and my tech is the opposite to my card, causing elemental bonus damage... and double bonus if the tech makes it switch before the card hits it, spelling doom. Twin handguns are backup for chain building and first preson if need be. Even as a newman, rifle with the worst ATP is better than bow with the best TEC.

CAST ranger... yeah, it's just guns, doing the gunny thing. Mostly shotguns and laser cannons. And when I'm bored of that, I mix it up with knuckles and burn EX traps, or a dagger & machinegun/crossbow.

In PSP2i, my Newman Ranger has gone Force, as Force now has the lv30 card bullets. Sure, it makes them less accurate due to Force having crap stats, but it makes the tech finisher all the more awesome, huge, etc.
    i might try that with my ranger. it seems like a good play style
    FEEL MY TINY WRATH!

On my Hunter, I just run in and beat the piss out of the monsters with whatever weapon I feel like using. Works well enough.

On my Ranger, I usually open with a Grenade Launcher charge shot, and then switch to T. Hanguns, Rifle, or Shotgun once the monsters are scattered.

just bash their skulls in?.......well whatever works lol
    FEEL MY TINY WRATH!

with my main braver...shifta/deband him, he is inmune to stun, sleep, freeze, paralize and confusion so i have no worries with S.E from anyone...chain with my extended edge qualia with hp recovering in case my EVP doesn´t work. use traps in case when the technic casting enemies sorround me ( stun with EX trap or confusing them too) freeze some minions like pannos in case they are too many. try burning the large ones and EX burning the bosses cause i´m not to fan of Mirage blast except Dark Embrace. also i jellen the enemies (use virus traps sometimes with) in case they have aura and are deband casting. stun them with my extend kanon qualia (and chain too with it). resta when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GUARDIANDNL View Post
    with my main braver...shifta/deband him, he is inmune to stun, sleep, freeze, paralize and confusion so i have no worries with S.E from anyone...chain with my extended edge qualia with hp recovering in case my EVP doesn´t work. use traps in case when the technic casting enemies sorround me ( stun with EX trap or confusing them too) freeze some minions like pannos in case they are too many. try burning the large ones and EX burning the bosses cause i´m not to fan of Mirage blast except Dark Embrace. also i jellen the enemies (use virus traps sometimes with) in case they have aura and are deband casting. stun them with my extend kanon qualia (and chain too with it). resta when needed.
    a tactical fighting style. thats too much work for me lol i like buffing myself up and letting my speed do the rest. you have a name for your play style? also does anyone else have a name for their play style?
    FEEL MY TINY WRATH!

Quote Originally Posted by ghast View Post
    does anyone else have a name for their play style?
    Nope, no name. Just demolish everything.

I call mine: "Low HP doesn't always have to be a bad thing". I gave my Newman Hunter a Clarita Visas IV and Ability to boost healing from items. Dimates and Clarita both heal me at full health when used.
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

On Carmilla I mostly use Twin Handguns to build up chains and then let loose. Shotguns have been relegated to "melee" and are used to take out small enemies and lighten up mobs. Rifles are used for large enemies and for camping purposes only. I have Call of Duty to thank for my camping skills.

For Denzel, Axes to take out large enemies and to keep annoying enemies down. Sheild/Sword for defensive style. Twin Swords for balls to the wall slashy slashy extreme to the max bonkers wonky go nuts without question killing spree. Swords for small mobs and because I feel like it.