Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea 4

Default Disgaea 4

So I'm sure anyone here who is interested already knows about this, but Disgaea 4 was finally announced sometime in October last year, I think.

Some features about the game that has me excited.
    - HD Sprites
    - Animated Ultimate attacks, (Think Omega spells from Disgaea 2)
    - Disgaea 2-ish plotline {who stole mah waifu oppai pantsu?)
    - Axel being a more prominent cast member
    - Create a dungeon feature
    - Deeper Reverse pirating system
    - Deeper online functionality

For sometime now, a lot of Japanese developers have lost my interest. Disgaea however is the one game that can draw me back. It's just weeaboo enough for my tastes.

So let's get hyped.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

You know what's funny. I consider these games the epitome of Strategy RPGs, nowadays. Especially since SEGA kind of gave up on them, for so long, and NIS stepped up to the plate. Big time.

And yet, I often feel like they release these games way too fast. Part of me wants to jump right into it, just to get through the story, for which it will probably be a laugh riot. The other part of me feels I'd neglect so much of all the previous games for which I still have tons to do left in them.

They make games that (anybody with a sizable game library) would take years to finish, but then release the next game within the next year. Too much, too fast. I haven't even *bought* Disgaea 3. Between the first two, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave (with the new one I still plan on picking up), and Makai Kingdom, I've been booked solid. Really. I'm even playing ZHP and Cladun.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I've always felt I would enjoy Disgaea, but continue to pass it by for some reason. Maybe I'll pick this one up.

Only thing I dislike about Disgaea is how the only way to gain exp is having the killing blow. It sucks for defensive/healing people in my team since they'll be a lower level than everyone else.

I loved 1, 2 (PSP remake is fantastic) and 3.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Only thing I dislike about Disgaea is how the only way to gain exp is having the killing blow. It sucks for defensive/healing people in my team since they'll be a lower level than everyone else.

I could swear than in the PSP remake of 2 healers got some xp from healing. Mine was leveling, so... yeah.

That said, the ability to put a wuss in a combo attack with a monster helps in leveling.
    Coming Soon!

Yeah Dark Hero Days made it so healing gains exp, but still, it's far easier for offensive jobs to level than healers. I like how in FF tactic games how exp is based on an action.

Yeah Dark Hero Days made it so healing gains exp, but still, it's far easier for offensive jobs to level than healers. I like how in FF tactic games how exp is based on an action.
    I don't care for scenarios where the optimal leveling strategy is to have my guys take turns whacking each other.
    Coming Soon!

2 things:
    1. Disgaea 2 let healers get EXP for using their skills on others.
    2. Theres 2 levels where healing does damage in geo panels. (I thnink its called Reverse Damage) heal and actually kill guys i think its Shinwa Tower with all the sages along the permitter.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I know all the cheap ways to level up, just saying in general. I guess nowadays I just don't have time to go back and do intense grinding with all this school work .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I often feel like they release these games way too fast.

They make games that (anybody with a sizable game library) would take years to finish, but then release the next game within the next year. Too much, too fast.
    I totally agree on this.
    I have barely started on Disgaea 3 and now there is 4 in september/october...

But I do not know how the majority play, but I like to be able to choose what to play. Day 1: Sonic. Day 2: Disgaea... I cannot settle for just one game when I have som many good ones to choose from.
    I do not wish for my games to be 100% over just because I beat the last boss... I would like to be able to go back to the game when after I am done with it - if I miss it. So I could not just sit and spam one game till it is 100% done to shelf it forever.

Just because they release a new game does not mean you cannot/have to stop playing the other, previous games.

Sure, you do feel left out when everyone else is talking and enjoying the newer game... But rather that than NO sequel at all! Lunar 3... Breath of Fire 6... Do not get me started!
    Last edited by Yueri; Feb 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM.