Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A thought....

Default A thought....

What if the game isn't released in America due to PSOBB and PSU failure stateside?
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

People would rage. Infinitely rage.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    People would rage. Infinitely rage.
    Rage and whine and complain that Sega is too racist to release the game outside of Japan. And since this is a Phantasy Star community, we'd never hear the end of it. I don't know if many would actually care outside the community though.

Challenge Mode ...Fanatic Aerilas's Avatar

Why would you post this to upset people ...
    Phantasy Star Online:
    Challenge Mode (TA!) player.

Looking for someone willing to help with a signature .

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

^
    I would say this part of the forums hasn't gone THAT psycho yet... But then I'd be lying, with all the PSO vs PSNEW debate.

and @ thread topic I'll just re-quote myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I don't think we can worry about being screwed over, If we got psp1.

PSP, that handheld nobody cared about untill square-enix started throwing stuff on it. Then PSU that unpopular game in america that only 1 out of 300 gamers probably know about. Then I'm sure we'll get PSO2...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

"In 2012, SoA has become bankrupt, leaving only SoJ and thus refusing to port any of their titles overseas."

Sounds about right.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    @ thread topic I'll just re-quote myself.
    You don't really seem to have a grasp on the PSP system but that's not important. It 100% certain that PSO2 will get an English language release. Monster Hunter, which has been fairly succesful outside of Japan, still lacks an English language release of the PC/360 mo version, Frontier despite selling decent copies on the various consoles. The release of one of the games in a series on a certain platform does nothing to confirm or deny the release of a new version of game on a different platform.

However, no matter how neutered the game is compared to it's original Japanese release, all the recent Phantasy Star games have gotten an English release and that's a nice track record. There's just nothing certain yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You don't really seem to have a grasp on the PSP system but that's not important. It 100% certain that PSO2 will get an English language release. Monster Hunter, which has been fairly succesful outside of Japan, still lacks an English language release of the PC/360 mo version, Frontier despite selling decent copies on the various consoles. The release of one of the games in a series on a certain platform does nothing to confirm or deny the release of a new version of game on a different platform.

However, no matter how neutered the game is compared to it's original Japanese release, all the recent Phantasy Star games have gotten an English release and that's a nice track record. There's just nothing certain yet.
    You're right, I'm more of a DS guy. But the way I saw it, everyone was bashing the psp, or using it as a second mp3 player until Crisis core came out. I'm not the sales statistics type especially not 2-5 years ago... But I'll be surprised if you're telling me pspo1 sold well in the US. @_@

I'm under the impressions that it's mostly sales in japan that would determine if a game got an english release anyway. So theres no reason we wouldn't get it in the US, seeing as how this game would probably be as popular as a new WoW expansion to Japanese people.*slightly exaggerates*

I'm actually curious how they'll advertise this one... psp2 had like a dozen different sponsors including that popular Cat mascot, pizzahut, and KFC @_@

...Which were only advertised in Japan. US/EU saw none of it.

And if I remember right, once upon a time Phantasy Star Portable 1 was a JP exclusive.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    ...Which were only advertised in Japan. US/EU saw none of it.

And if I remember right, once upon a time Phantasy Star Portable 1 was a JP exclusive.
    I know they were only advertised in Japan...@_@

I was just saying I was curious if PSO2 would do the same thing in general, since technically this is a bigger deal than a portable game.