Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Loot System: Finding that special something

The loot. The core ingredient from PSO and PSU. It's the reason we played these games in the first place. The reason we kept playing them for years. The hunt and thrill of finding that one weapon or armor...

So how would most of you like your loot to drop in PSO2, especially in groups? Rock-Paper-Scissors for it (PSO)? Everyone gets the drop (PSP1)? Or everyone gets their own drops (PSP2)? Or something entirely different?
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think everyone gets the drop only sounds good for psp1...seeing as how that one was technically offline only. In a game with infrastructure it would only mean too much people with rare a item.

I didn't know PSO had a rock paper scissor system...unless it was a player idea using symbol chat of something.

I'm used to PSU's system but it was kind of lame having 6 people help find a rare, when 2 other people in the party want the same weapon, it only caused drama, with the wrong people.

I think everyone getting their own drops is the best one...so everyone has the same chance even if they want the same rare, but at the same time actually having people help you hunt would benefit if everyone wants something different.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

For PSO, I meant that since only one rare would drop off an enemy, and if you're in a group of 2 or more, then you would have to decide who gets it. Hence Rock-Paper-Scissors

And that does make sense for PSP1. As for PSU, it reminds me of WoW's system. Also filled with drama.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

What about in PSZ and PSP2 where everyone gets their own amount of items or rares
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

PSP2/PSZ's drop system (everyone gets their own loot) is by far the best. Then again, I doubt SEGA would revert to some dumb drama-inducing system for loot (looking at you, PSO) in their new release.

I agree, PSP2/PSZ's system is definitely the best, unless you WANT peple getting pissed at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    I agree, PSP2/PSZ's system is definitely the best, unless you WANT peple getting pissed at each other.
    Or if SEGA wants people getting pissed at each other. Oh the trolling they will have.

Well, people will get pissed anyways if they make public the items picked like it happens in PSU. I mean, it doesn't matter if everybody see that r4rz or if it's just that lucky dumb4ss bastard who got in my party half a minute ago while I've been farming the item for 5 months. The fact is that the item will go to him and not to you.

But not showing what r4rz you get would shorten the e-penis of many attention whores among us, so at the end nobody will be happy.

The key difference is that no case of anyone joining the party affects the chance of you getting the rare. If they get it, it's not at the expense of you not getting it.

So, the knowledge of no matter who enters your party, not affecting what drops you get or not, alleviates those who'd possibly rage. Yeah, they can get lucky, but lucky on their own little separated drop system.

Sure, that seems silly, but PSU definitely proved quite a few people reacting badly with the old distribution system. Leaders kicking members at boss boxes, etc. So the new system is to address issues with those kind of player.

And of course, rare acquisitions are still shown to everybody. At least in PSP2, it is.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

They should use the PSP2/i loot system exactly how it was. I saw no problems with it whatsoever. Make sure they keep the *BLING* noise when a rare drops, as well, so you don't miss it.