Page 255 of 466 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4655

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    @Space Giraffe
    What is this madness jesus christ. jhahahahah
    I'll admit, it's daunting as hell starting out, but once you come to grips with the mechanics and learn that a lot of the gameplay is actually based on sound cues and building a mental moment-to-moment map to react to, you kinda hit a trance state. Super fun, but most of my friends rarely get past the initial hurdles of its tripped out design, though the PC version has a lighter visualizer mode to make playing a bit easier. I actually just wrote a thing about it too if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Polly; Feb 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

So Bit.Trip Runner 2 is pretty great. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    So Bit.Trip Runner 2 is pretty great. That is all.
    Ohhhh, do tell. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Ohhhh, do tell. :O
    I only had about an hour to play it last night, but I managed to complete the first world (minus the key-locked level... haven't figured out how to access that yet.)

The levels are fun, the game is difficult but not too bad, they've added optional checkpoints (skipping a checkpoint gives you a point bonus!), there are multiple paths within each level, there are a ton of unlockable to get you actually exploring those additional paths, etc.

I got it on the Wii U, though I don't see anything particularly noteworthy in this version compared to the Steam version (or the future PSN/XBLA versions). It's got off-screen play - which is nice - but unfortunately it's the kind of annoying "always mirrored" off-screen play - which isn't so nice. Either way, you should be good regardless of what platform you grab it for.

All that being said, I really enjoyed the original Bit.Trip Runner so feel free to take this recommendation with a grain of salt.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Cracked open my Xbox Live Arcade and played a bit of Hard Corps: Uprising.

Love running through the first and second levels as Krystal with all upgrades on, then going back and doing it with no upgrades. Hell of a refresher course, that's for sure.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Cracked open my Xbox Live Arcade and played a bit of Hard Corps: Uprising.

Love running through the first and second levels as Krystal with all upgrades on, then going back and doing it with no upgrades. Hell of a refresher course, that's for sure.
    That game was super fun. Had a great time learning it with friends, though the last two stages are just insanely not co-op friendly at all.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    That game was super fun. Had a great time learning it with friends, though the last two stages are just insanely not co-op friendly at all.
    haha, the last two stages just aren't friendly at all.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Oh hard Corps Uprising was pretty damn fun. Got it on 360 and PS3 and man the arcade mode achievement was no joke. I can beat the game w/o dying on Uprising Mode but all those upgrades help quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Oh hard Corps Uprising was pretty damn fun. Got it on 360 and PS3 and man the arcade mode achievement was no joke. I can beat the game w/o dying on Uprising Mode but all those upgrades help quite a bit
    Haha, god. I've still never gotten the Arcade Mode achievement. That shit is rooooough. The lack of a decent default autofire, aside from the machinegun, kills my thumb by the end since the game's so long and I end up having to continue around Stage 7.

Rising Mode was a really neat idea for this kinda game though. Made things fairly easy, but (unless you cheesed the stage 2 midboss or stage 5's crate section) it was neat earning your skills through repeated plays and just getting better at the game.

I am currently playing the new Tomb Raider.
    It has a very nice atmosphere and is quite interesting. Been a while since I played something like this. Excited to see where it will go.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif