Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PSO2 vs. Your Rig - What will YOU do?

Given the liklihood of a PC release for this...
    What are YOU willing to do to be able to play it if there's no console release? I mean...do you think it's going to be super-high end graphics? ST was never particularly known for pushing any envelopes there...speed maybe but horsepower?

If it has graphics that require you to buy a new card, would you?
    What if it takes a new PC (you had an old non-gaming one)?
    Will you get a new & larger screen to see it with?
    Buy a controller type USB thinger so you don't need to push keys?

I think the PC I have should be able to handle it...I got a pretty nice one when the old one expired a couple years back. But if somehow it won't handle it....I'm pretty sure I'd buy another to play it if it made me. The monitor? I don't know...I mean it seems kind of dissapointing if you have like a 55 TV and then you have to go to a 22 to play a game. Is there really a solution to that?

I confess, I bought a PSP just to play the PSUs on it, and I never regretted it even once. With the fun I am still having on there, I think it was a great move. I expect PSO2 to be nothing short of amazing--so naturally I'm willing to 'go far in getting stuff' for it. I think...even now before we even know a whole lot. That and I'm so tired of portables, tiny screens, no in-game community and no talking in-game.

So...
    How do you think your rig will hold up? Killer graphics or not?
    What steps will you take? Specs are sure to be announced in plenty of time to do something about it. It may be too early to tell, but I'm just excited enough to ask.

Watch as people spend $300+ on graphic/sound cards on release day and within a month's time, a console version comes out. So much rage.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

My computer isn't designed for gaming at all. It's purely a web-browsing PC. Therefor, it doesn't matter what kind of graphics PSO2 has, I'll need to get a new computer (can't upgrade laptop's graphics card, or anything). Only problem is...

...I most likely won't have even close to enough money. So, I might have to sit PSO2 out for a while, because I doubt I'll have sufficient funds for a new laptop or desktop, even by the time the game is released.

My PC can run most current games on max or high, so I think I'll be safe for PSO2 if I get it for PC.

That said, PSU is pretty resource intensive as I recall, and that game is far from technically impressive.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; Feb 17, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Watch as people spend $300+ on graphic/sound cards on release day and within a month's time, a console version comes out. So much rage.
    Because it's not like they couldn't possibly use a new graphics card for other games besides PSO2.
    If PSO2 is really going to put a strain on my computer, which is unlikely, then I'll buy a new one since I already planned on doing so within the next year. However, paying off my car and other future expenses comes first.

Hell no. Thankfully things are kinda looking out for me.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

If I want to play on a huge monitor *Stares @ widescreen tv* (Seriously if you have tried this you should, it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo shiny.)

I have my PS2/PS3 usb plug thingy for a controller...

But if this game requires up-to-date power...I might end up playing on super low-end graphic settings....and If I'm lucky the game will be playable....

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I will lol as it bows down in defeat to my Phenom II X6, and if I have to upgrade my graphics card, I'll cry tears of ultradespair but go crossfire...

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Watch as no one with two neurons to rub together does this because console versions would be announced more than a month in advance.

Anyway, I reckon I'll be able to run it quite well. I really doubt the game will be so amazing graphically that I'll need more than my Radeon 4850.

Since a PC version has been already confirmed, no way I would get a console version, if there will be any. I prefer PC gaming instead (I only have a Wii anyway).
    I currently have a fine mid-range PC, it should be able to handle PSO2.
    The specs of my current PC are:
    AMD Phenom II X2 550BE (3.1GHz, dual-core) for the CPU, Sapphire Radeon HD4850 Vapor-X 512MB GDDR3 for the Graphics Card, 4GB DDR2 800MHz CL4 for the RAM memory, a 19" display with resolution 1440x900, and I have two 500GB Hard Drives.

If PSO2 turns out to be more demanding than what I'm expecting (I want to be able to enjoy PSO2 with high quality settings :3), my current rig has a possible upgrade path, I don't have to replace everything at the same time (unlike Intel systems, which have been constantly getting new sockets with no possible upgrade path).
    1. Replace current Socket AM2+ motherboard with a Socket AM3+ motherboard and replace current DDR2 memories with DDR3 memories.
    1.5. With the motherboard and memory being replaced I could consider a new power supply, case, and CPU cooler, since replacing the motherboard requires me to takes many of the components out of the case.
    2. Replace processor with a new AMD Vision Ultimate FX or Vision Black FX, depending on price.
    2.5. Together with the new CPU I could also get new SATA 6Gbps hard drives, to replace my current SATA 3Gbps ones.
    3. Replace graphics card with a future AMD Radeon HD7000 series, or a current HD6000 series if the HD7000 aren't released before the middle of next year.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom