Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

In regards to the other guys post, do you still have slots open? Or am I too late?

Sorry I'm a bit late, was pretty busy this weekend. If you're still taking requests I have mine uploading now and I'll PM you the file shortly.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    Funnily enough, I was interested in that idea as well so I had a little play around. An.. what d'ya know! I just managed to take a character from the first slot on my old USA save and imported it manually into someone elses save.

So, the new facts are this...

You can combine two save files using a hex editor and a decrypted save but you need a PSP with CFW and I can't post a guide here on how to do it.

Using this method, it is possible to transfer items between save files. So, if you found an item on PSP2 JP and you wanted to move it to US then you would create a new character on both save files. On the JP save you would take all the items you want to move to US with your new character then you can literally copy that character and everything relating to it (room data, inventory, NOT shared storage) into the US save file.

This will probably work with infinity as well but the save file has a slightly different structure. I don't think you can move PSP2 characters directly into an Infinity save for example, you would need 2 Infinity saves then combine them.

This is about all I can write here about this as I guess the mods will not like this subject very much. If you want to know more, you can always send me a pm.
    So it is possible to merge the saves together, many thanks for the info

Is it still too late? I was sent here from the sega boards, since the person there is having problems with their PSP.

Yeah I missed out on the stuff this weekend. @.@; I think I'll just keep my data for JP/EN seperate for now. If anything I'll ask Kazuki to convert my data later and back both of my versions data up just incase we mess it up. >.<; I remember there being a post about how to convert data... I need to look around for it I'm pretty sure it was here somewhere... ^.^; And um, thanks for helping everyone out with this data converting thingy... Uh... funkyskunk. xDDDDD I'm pretty sure everyone appreciates it... I hope. @.@;

-Lacen

PS:P2i (JP) - Lacen - Male - Human - Lv. 200 - Hunter Lv. 50
    PC/PS2 PSU - Lacen Lv. 170 (deceased)
    http://xat.com/PSO2

I'd like to let the people know that have sent me their files that I am still working on them. I got a bit busy the last few days (reverse engineering the save files) and I have not had a chance to convert them yet. I should be able to do them tonight or tomorrow so please be patient with me

The reason I have been so busy is that I am making a windows app for viewing and managing PSPo2/PSPo2i save files although it will probably not be allowed here. I can't figure out a way of decrypting the save within windows so you need to decrypt the save on the PSP first. My application will allow you to backup individual character slots and import a backed up character into any slot you wish. I am also planning on making a shared storage backup system and an item backup system (export that 60% psycho wand to a file to keep on your PC should you for some reason lose it). The only (BIG) problem is that my tool will allow you to duplicate items (import backed up psycho wand into every slot) should you want to but as far as I see it, what is the problem in duplicating an item to pass to your alts to save having to pass it back and forth all the time.

Of course you can use the tool as legitimately as you like. I see one great use for it in the fact that you can hunt items with your friends and if you find the item they want, you can export it to PC then send it to your friend so they can import into theirs.

Anyone interested in the tool can ask about it in a PM but this is probably the only information I will post on this board about it.
    Last edited by funkyskunk; Mar 2, 2011 at 06:24 AM.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Guys, I have 7 saves that I am just starting to convert.

These are the save games I will start converting as soon as I click "post" on this message:

bscit
    GeniusGameMaster
    lazyknight
    RikkiBlackNanobeast
    Tea
    TheszNuts
    ZER0 DX

Sorry to have kept you waiting, I was busy making my save editor. Keep an eye on your PM box,

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.