Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Sega delay developing PSO2 because of earthquake?

Does everyone know it?

I can only imagine that yes, it probably has been delayed. And, whether or not the situation over there improves, I also doubt that we're going to get "more information in April."

Sega HQ is located waaaay southwest of the epicenter of the earthquake, in Oita, Japan. If any Japanese gaming company is getting through the earthquake unscathed, it's them.

Actually, I really doubt this will have any effect on the game's release, other than serving as a potential scapegoat excuse for a delay caused otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Sega HQ is located waaaay southwest of the epicenter of the earthquake, in Oita, Japan. If any Japanese gaming company is getting through the earthquake unscathed, it's them.
    I was talking more about the power conservation/rolling blackouts being ordered by the government, not actual earthquake damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I was talking more about the power conservation/rolling blackouts being ordered by the government, not actual earthquake damage.
    That will last a week or so more likes. A small effect on game development.

Depends on whether or not the blackouts occur during working hours, really. I can't say for certain whether or not this is the case.

Long story short, yes it most likely has.

How much though....well, thats likely more up to Sega than it is up to Japan. Unless Japan is sapping their power, they really dont have to worry about it.

Im sure that whole country was affected by that. Im in Georgia, but if California got rocked by a huge earthquake, tsunami raped, and then had the mass media try to scare the shit out of people by lying about the fears of a Nuclear Meltdown crisis that isn't going to happen, im sure my business would be affected in some way too.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking ok

They are probably ok they just nee to worry about the radioactive plume above everyone's head.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

The entire country of Japan is feeling the effects of everything, whether they got the force of it or not. I would bet on every single game in development being delayed at least a month from their projected release dates.

But I also say that to keep the idea in my head and feel surprised if any games don't get pushed back. It's a better feeling that way.