Default I guess I'll give this game another shot

Cause, well why not? I plan to revive my FOmarl yet again, since I have alot of fun being a melee fomarl in that game. I was wondering what mats I should use and stuff because when I used to play, I just did whatever, eating any mat I could get my hands on and feeding my mags any weps/armor that I have no use for, but I suspect that is pretty bad for the long run so any plans should I follow? And what equips should I look out for? Might be flamed and called out or whatever because of this but please give a serious answer that relates to being a good melee fomarl, I for one do not enjoy spamming techs all day unless it's needed but I need a character with good techs just for the resta/grants and such
    PSO
    Zoroark- HUcaseal lv 161 VIRIDIA
    Scourge- HUmar lv 83 BLUEFULL(fail)
    PSUJP
    Bluestar- F.Beast lv 105 Fotefighter
    Jayfeather- M.Cast lv 31 Fortefighter

Go with different choices depending on your level. I used a FOmarl religiously in PSO ver 1-2, all the way to PSO plus. BB i ended up using a RAcaseal and FOmarl, but that's just because after near a decade of FOmarl, i wanted to try somethin different haha.

I'm using a FOmarl now, in zero, and i'd have to say they are FAR BETTER than some people believe...it's just like it used to be though; you really have to hunt for some decent equipment and a lot of acc adjust weapons to make her powerful. Some of the rod types (I'm using a calamity soul right now, but one day hope to find a good White Disaster) are great, and since slicers, wands, and rods all work off of mst for their damage, it makes it really fun.

The axeon series gun blades are a great choice if you want some interesting combat, mainly for some solo purpose...online you want to stick with the normal FOmarl healing aspect, but you can just equip some of her really great mst melee choices and still keep up like no tomorrow. Heck, the mother trinity fight seems to work better when meleeing her, at least on those damn pieces she has on the board...but that's just my experience.

Grants is more awesome than people give it credit for, since it's got an aoe of some type now, and the charged version is a direct surrounding attack that works VERY well in a melee situation. She has the ability to use megid, so she's not too gimped (next to the FOney, she is...but it's not laughable damage in comparison, since she's still an awesome force). Forces are always hard to hunt for, but she's really great fun imo.

Far as mats go, just pump in mst the whole way. A mag can be pure ata, and one divine hit can take care of her ata with it. This leaves all the mats, and two or three open slots depending on what you're looking to do with her. To be honest, it's just experimentation, but she can do very well as a melee force. I personally think she does better than a FOmar, but he gets a slight boost to atp damage (vs her ata and mst boost) though he also gets a boost to every type of attack tech aside from the affinity techs like megid and grants, so it's more like pick your favorite. I myself think the extra ata, pp pool, mst, and grants work a lot better, but who knows haha.

i can't play one the running animation is incredibly bad...