Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good info. All i have at the moment is a FOmarl, and while she is fun, i'm not too certain on whether or not i'll want to keep her. The HUnewearl looks like a lot of fun, though i'm not sure how useful things like the White Disaster or Psycho Wand will actually be later in the game. The HUney gets to use some interesting weapons classes, and also from what you said, sound like great gunblade users (my favorite weapon class)

In a house butchering some cute usanny I shot.. Wait I wasn't suppose to tell you that

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    - You forget to mention Bright Sign hits enemies multiple times (whereas Edge Riser and Say Good-bye do not).
    Oh thank you for that

Level 100 Ramarl-Anastasia
    Level 100 Hucaseal-Vicky
    Level 78 Fonewarl-Alexis

This thread is useful

Would someone else mind making a PA comparison for RA weaps?

I only ever used the Cannon before but since I'm just entering SH, I'm finding the cannon to be a whole lot less useful. Too slow. Bio-Panic is its only saving grace. So, I don't know anything else about any of the other weapons, so it would be nice to have a brief description of what each PA does, and its pros and cons.

FOnewearl with Fuuma Shuriken and shinobi suit
    MST1160, ACC 382 .DFP 360, EVP 526

With 382 ACC I'm pretty sure you can't hit anything in SH

I'm in the building of a slicer FOnewearl and I'd like to know when to cap ACC.
    I know it's 400+ for sure.

What I have so far

Loneos (0/0/36?/41/17) lvl3 Celeb PA: Bright Sign (Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt this be much better than a Fuuma? Pretty sure Fuuma can't get celeb.)

Rika's Suit (I'm not sure I would pick shinobi over this.)

Divine/Mind x4 No need for PP recovery lvl5 at 100 unless you plan to use techs (besides resta, Shifta and was it jellen or Zalure? Whichever one lowers EVP.

50 Hit 50 Mind mag

60 Hit 40 Mind mag

80 Hit 10 Mind 10 Gaurd mag (For Hagal)

Not sure which one works best.

Also, does Bright Sign hit 4 times or 3 times?
    And also does deband raise EVP or no?
    Which tech drops enemy ATA?

Need one more divine/swift to get evp cap D;

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syre View Post

What I have so far

Loneos (0/0/36?/41/17) lvl3 Celeb PA: Bright Sign (Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt this be much better than a Fuuma? Pretty sure Fuuma can't get celeb.)

Divine/Mind x4 No need for PP recovery lvl5 at 100 unless you plan to use techs (besides resta, Shifta and was it jellen or Zalure? Whichever one lowers EVP.

50 Hit 50 Mind mag

60 Hit 40 Mind mag

80 Hit 10 Mind 10 Gaurd mag (For Hagal)

Not sure which one works best.

Need one more divine/swift to get evp cap D;
    IMO, the sake of Slicer builds is to use techs in melee-resistant areas and spam bright sign in the range-resistant ones. With 1100+ MST (HUney, and all the Forces can get that much with a Shuriken+Shinobi suit+D/minds+Mind MAG) and average %s on your shuriken, you'd perform on par with someone using a celeb'able slicer, or even outclass them because:

-you'll have much better accuracy
    -You'll have much better MST for your techs

Jellen drops enemy ATP/MST/ATA, Zalure drops enemy DFP/EVP/Resistances (I think I read that in the damage formula Paromin posted at some point). Not sure if Deband boosts EVP, but I haven't noticed more "miss" on my char while using it, and, besides, Jellen's effect on enemy ATA is much greater.

You would want Shinobi simply for the set bonus. And considering you're using a slicer/techs from afar, EVP is not needed. Even then, with Jellen, you'll still be dodging a lot; when Forces cast Jellen on enemies in SH, even my HUcaseal becomes able to dodge more often.

With Zalure level 15, FOney needs about 400-450 ATA to hit decently, IIRC. 400 if you're planning to spam Bright Sign and use normal attacks, 450ish if you plan on spamming heavy attacks.

with 382 ACC you wont have enough ACC to hit anything in SH.
    Even with 420 hit you miss every once in a while.

I'm using a loneos and my ACC is like 420, all I needed was a 50hit/50mind mag to reach that, no hit mats needed.
    Even with the set bonus you'd have to cough up a lot of hit onto your mag.
    So with a person using the set bonus they'll need a 40/60 mag, 10 mind wont make that big of a difference especially if compared to celeb.
    The set bonus would give far less EVP and DFP compared to a rika's too.

Also the EVP isn't for my FOnewearl, it was for my HUnewearl.
    I just need one more divine/swift for evp cap.
    I heard that deband highers EVP but I'm not sure, can someone confirm this? ]:

In a house butchering some cute usanny I shot.. Wait I wasn't suppose to tell you that

Quote Originally Posted by Syre View Post

What I have so far

-Bright Sign hit 3 times on every foe in it's area of effect
    -Yes Deband does raise EVP. If you have an EVP of 590+ and someone cast level 15 Deband on you, you probably can stand infront of Arkzein and get misses always!!

FOnewearl with Loneos and Rika's Suit without any mag or mats(So that easier to decide where to use it)
    MST 895 ACC 335 DEP 424 EVP 598

Comment: for a force slicer build Fonewearl is my third choice . Without shinobi set with bonus of 50 ACC(kinda a lot for accuracy) you will get a very poor ACC of 335. With even full mag you will only get to 435. So human forces kinda a better choice for non shinobi forces slicer build because they got over 40+ ACC over Newman and extra mats

Surprisingly Newman hunter have somewhat better ACC and MST over Human hunter
    and Higher MST than human ranger at the price of lower defend and a little lower ACC so HUnewearl certainly a good choice for non shinobi slicer build.

Just remember if only you use a Shifta and zalure level 11+ that you always get a hit with 450 ACC

Surprisingly also RAcaseal is one of the top tier slicer. She can use slicer as good as ramarl , can use more trap than any other cast, have one of the highest HP, extra ATP and have also HP reg?? Wow that is cool . Very good choice for support cast.
    Last edited by cease_fire; Mar 20, 2011 at 07:05 PM.

Level 100 Hucaseal-Vicky
    Level 78 Fonewarl-Alexis

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Just a quick note, since I don't plan on reading through EVERYTHING above, just the thing I saw at a glance, NO, Deband does NOT raise EVP. That is a poor misconception based on the fact that Jellen lowers enemy EVP, however Deband does not do the opposite and raise your EVP, it simply raises your DFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Just a quick note, since I don't plan on reading through EVERYTHING above, just the thing I saw at a glance, NO, Deband does NOT raise EVP. That is a poor misconception based on the fact that Jellen lowers enemy EVP, however Deband does not do the opposite and raise your EVP, it simply raises your DFP.
    I always wonder about that...So basically the reason why a level 100 can tank Arkzein(with misses) is because of Jellen?! Gr8.. another point for ramarl .

Level 100 Hucaseal-Vicky
    Level 78 Fonewarl-Alexis

Hmm...why do people think less of RAmarl/RAmarl again?