Question Mission Code Synthesis Information & Research

I'm having a bit of trouble synthesizing Mission Codes.

I've been experimenting it, looking up information here and there on the Japanese Wiki, and have been trying to fine-tune and create the perfect Mission Code for my needs.

I don't know if anyone else aside from me has been playing around with synthesizing Mission Codes instead of just receiving them from generous Japanese player online... (I'm not even sure if there's another thread where this is being discussed.)

Anyway, I've been reading from the Japanese Wiki, and the Phantasy Star Blog that it's possible to have up to five special effects on one mission code.

I've been synthesizing codes together to try and make one with these 5 special effects:

経験値+[Number]% ( Experience Points Rate increased by //Number// Percent )
    報酬タイプP+[Number]% ( Type Points gained increased by //Number// Percent )
    ドロップ率+[Number]% ( Drop Rate increased by //Number// Percent )
    敵:ブースト率x[Number]倍 ( Monsters Boosted increased by //Number// times )
    [Element]武器:各属性付与率[Number]% ( Likelihood of Weapons with //Element// Elemental Alignment dropping increased by //Number// Percent )

But here's where the problem lies.

===
    As you can see from these three pictures I've set the Base Mission I'm going to use, and you can also see what I'm referring to. The three Special Effects loaded into it. In this case, Experience Points, Drop Rate, and Type Points percentages are increased.

===

===
    Now you can see me loading the Plus Mission in the secondary slot. This time with Monsters Boosted 1.5 times Special Effect loaded. The desired result is to have all four of these special effects loaded onto one Mission Code. Because I've been using this same formula for the three other special effects prior, having successfully loaded up to three special effects onto one Mission Code without any fuss before, naturally one would assume that this synthesis wouldn't be any different whatsoever, right?

===

===
    Oh-ho-ho-ho! But how wrong I was. When I synthesized the two, one special effect was overwritten (in this case, Drop Rate of items was overwritten by Boosted Monsters), still leaving me with only three Special Effects instead of the desired four from my Synthesis.

===

So I'm really not sure what I did wrong here. I tried reversing the Mission Codes with having the opposites being in the Base Mission and Plus Mission slots respectively, but the end result is EXACTLY the same. Drop Rate gets overwritten for Boosted Monsters. Seems like I can only have 3 Special Effects at a time... Even though other sources say 5 ...

So which is it? 3 or 5 at a time?

Or am I doing something wrong? I mean, I'm happy with Experience Points, Drop Rate, and Type Points increased, but it wouldn't hurt to get the most out of Infinity Missions, now would it?

Maybe I overlooked something or misread something.

Anyone else out there who's been experimenting with Mission Codes that can shed a little bit of light on this?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Mar 23, 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Skilled Fighter

the answer is in the questions and answers thread, i think in infinity finds and accomplishments and/or demo infinity finds and accomplishments

1+nothing =1
    1+1 =2
    2+1=2
    2+nothing=2
    2+2 = 3
    3+1 = 3
    3+2 = 3
    3+nothing=3
    3+1 = 3
    3+2 = 3
    3+3 = 4
    4+1 = 4
    4+2 = 4
    4+3 = 4
    4+nothing=3 or 2 depends on what it is
    4+4 = 5
    5+4 = 5
    5+nothing=4 or 3 or 2 depends on what it is

something on those lines, might missed some combinations

what you get depends on combination
    for accuracy, hp(without nagisa mission), atk you need certain missions and combinations to be in your 3+3 or 4+3 missions.
    Last edited by aduran; Mar 23, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

That sheds a little bit more light on it. Thanks, Aduran. I really do appreciate it.

Something else I want to ask you that you might know about.

I know that the special effects on Mission Codes have a certain Percentage that they cap off at. Like for Drop / EXP / Type Points Rate, the special effects are supposed to cap off at 50%.

Raise the percentage from 20% to 50% however (or to cap off other Special Effects parameters), I heard that you need to continually combine / synthesize the same EXACT Mission Code with itself over and over and over.

Is that true?

Skilled Fighter

continue to combine with itself.some take forever. to me, taking atk to 0.80% took forever 3 to 4 times what it took me to raise luck. not sure why....once i did it i didnt try again lol

Continue to combine it with itself, huh? I thought so.

It's very tedious, I'd imagine. But pays off in the long run.

From what I've noticed thus far, the top-most effect in the list--the oldest Special Effect on the Mission Code--seems to be the one that gets carried over to the Resulting Mission.

Maybe I can use that to my advantage.