Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    The system works fine for Spiral Knights.

There's been no "split in the community", it's got a strong in-game economy, and rare items are player crafted and still have alot of value based more on it's stats, the materials needed, and the cost to make.
    Everything is working well for it. If I chose to I could buy 200 more Energy for $10 to forge more weapons or do extra runs if I wanted to, or I can wait 24 hrs until my Energy refills to play again. It's a player driven economy and system. It's doing very well for itself actually.

I can pay $5-$10 a month for an online game, but with lack-luster support. Why should I stick around? Sega killed the PS2 PSU servers and the updates had constant delays so I quit.

Why should I trust them to keep the possible US servers or their possible "global servers" for PSO 2
    up-to-date on schedule now? Is it really worth my $10 *if the support is lacking*? I'm not so sure.

I love PSO, but some people don't make much money and have bills to pay too you know.

I would rather have p2p then f2p and required to buy "energy" to play more, I played some of these games on facebook, Mafiawars, vampire something, etc.

Point is it's stupid limit what people can do, I dont want PSO to become like a stupid facebook game. Just because that game you said works for it, Doesn't mean that it will work for PSO2.

If you cant afford $10 - $15 a month, then you have bigger problems to worry about.

So you don't mind paying $10 a month for lack-luster support and delayed content releases? Sure.. whatever floats your boat, man.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

No, we apparently don't.

Because I'd rather pay 10 dollars a month for a game with lackluster support, than however much it costs to refill my energy every few runs, for a game with lackluster support.

If the game is that bad, I'm not going to play it anyway. Whichever payment method, you're still paying for the same game, lol. One payment method is just far, far less appealing.

My guess is that we'll have to pay to get the game itself with all its content, and small packages will be released for a couple dollars or something (eg. PSP2's extra weapons/clothes). Either that or they'll put them into large free updates or something.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    So you don't mind paying $10 a month for lack-luster support and delayed content releases? Sure.. whatever floats your boat, man.
    Or we could have an arbitrary system that limits what you can do and how long you can play based on coins/tokens/energy, ect. Not to mention easily spending more than $10 a month to keep playing the way a player wants too. Along with the lack-luster support and delayed content...whatever floats your boat.

Works both ways, and your assuming that Sega will purposely have lack-luster support and delayed content. While this was the story with PSU NA, PSU JP is quite the opposite. We can only hope for PSO2 that will change, but only time will tell.

I'd rather pay $10 a month and play how I want, whenever I want, and for as long as I please at content relevant to my characters level whether it be for an hour or for 24 straight hours. Using a system with an arbitrary limitation with coins/tokens/energy limits you to how much you can play at content relevant to your characters level and players will end up spending more than $10 a month with this system.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

I had to change pants because of those screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    I am gonna be sad.Trying to balance College classes and PSO2,besides that I hope they ad some of the PSP2 levels for the heck of it.One level I want is just Mulitiped threat.Brings back good memories of the PSP2 demo
    funny... when this game come out I'd be working on my Masters or Law Degree... even more Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BogusKun View Post
    funny... when this game come out I'd be working on my Masters or Law Degree... even more Sad.
    That is a freegin' awesome...good luck BK, I wish I wasn't so good at manual labor & went down your path...even more Sad for me.

Only thing that kinda bugs me is the (Swords?) that appear in the video seem really freakin HUGE. Im all for huge weapons, but that was.. putting it overboard.

Did you even play the original PSO?
    Most of the (Great) Swords where huge in comparison to small sized or average sized characters, unless you when you made your character you put him or her to
    max. height.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier