Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Free To Play...hopefully? :)

I know it's too soon to ask this (or anything, really), but with the advent of MANY games going Free To Play, is it remotely possible that Sega might take this into account and let us play for free? As I understand it, the game's only being released on PC. That will lessen the potential userbase (but it will unify as one system means easier connected, so thats OK). Some games to micro-transactions right, where you get the full game but you can buy extras with real money. Other games (sadly) force you to pay money on a free game, just to get closer to the full game. I pray that if PSO 2 goes Free To Play, it will be more like the former. At the risk of possible scorn, the best example would be Guild Wars. I know, PS isn't an MMO. But being an online game, I still make the comparison.

Well, I leave this now to your comments. Do you think the game could be free (if not, one day)? Or can we expect to once again sign up for a Guardian License (most likely)?

Gawd, I hope it's not free. What incentive does the company have to keep the fans happy after the initial purchase, then? And mirco transactions SUCK. You can dump SO much more money into a game that way, I'd rather just go with a monthly and have a good game that is continually supported.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Nopefully*

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening. Ever.

Click image to visit my Youtube channel and subscribe if you like what you see.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyokyono View Post
    Gawd, I hope it's not free. What incentive does the company have to keep the fans happy after the initial purchase, then? And mirco transactions SUCK. You can dump SO much more money into a game that way, I'd rather just go with a monthly and have a good game that is continually supported.
    Well ArenaNet manages to do it with Guild Wars, somehow. I really doubt it for PSO2, though.

If I were one of the programmers, animators, or graphic artists working on this game and the lead designer announced "we are making this game free to play" I would be pretty pissed off until I heard "because Pizza Hut, KFC, and McDonald's are sponsoring."

Not too far fetched that they could make eliminate the monthly fees for the Japanese server with sponsorship and special pay items and quests. But I sincerely doubt you want to find the rare KFC or watch everyone run circles around you with the latest purchase-only ultimate rare they found.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hVeG
    Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening. Ever.
    Pretty much this.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Hmm

PS3 version = Free

thus never to come to consoles?

Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    Hmm

PS3 version = Free

thus never to come to consoles?

Damn
    Actually even if it were to come to the PS3, there would still be a monthly fee just like DC Universe Online does.

Click image to visit my Youtube channel and subscribe if you like what you see.

This game would probably benefit here in the west with a free to play model. The online PC gaming platform is just so crowded with big names by more popular companies. Look at the former populations of PSU PC/PS2 and PSOBB. Very low.

I personally hate free to play, and I would hate to see people better off than myself because they can pour hundreds of dollars a month into the game but...the game would most likely be better off this way overall with respect to updates and support.

However this depends on what their plans on for the servers (international or regional).