Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offline Mode

Default Offline Mode

Do you think there is a chance of Sega including a single player offline mode for the story, as they have with nearly every game in the series so far?

Personally I wouldn't mind even having two separate characters for online and offline just to prevent hacking, I just want to be able to play the game 15 years from now like I still can with PSO. There's no guarantee of private servers cropping up after the official ones go down, and I'm the kind of person who likes to play my favorite games over and over no matter how old they are or what new versions have come out.

If it was for consoles, maybe

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I can't see how they'd work through that, think they only did it before with it being a console game in mind, but we'll probably just end up like blue burst.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

If not, they should allow lan.

In one hand I wouldn't mind a single-player mode just to screw around but on the other hand if they can make online feel more like a typical mmorpg then I'm all for skipping it.

I really can't see single-player working out for this.

I mean, they can have it... but who really played the original single-player for any length of time? Seems like a waste of resources. Resources they could, y'know, focus on making the multiplayer experience all it can be.

I can't see them including one. The Single-Player campaign was always short lived though. Maybe they'll include an Offline Mode just for goofing around with mission? I believe PSU had that.
    PSO:BB / PSP2 / PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I really can't see single-player working out for this.

I mean, they can have it... but who really played the original single-player for any length of time? Seems like a waste of resources. Resources they could, y'know, focus on making the multiplayer experience all it can be.
    I believe the majority of people who played PSO on the GC played single player and split screen multi as opposed to the actual online. Now whether this was because of the rampant duping online or because they couldn't connect their machine online I don't know.

And I would also love to have a LAN option. I just want an alternative to be able to play the game once the official servers go down.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Single player was depressing in PSO even when playing the game the first time, the split screen is where it got fun.

In PSU...I only found single player fun with Ethan's story, which is ironic seeing as how I hate Ethan.

Obviously this isn't getting lan support, and consoles are already highly doubtable.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

It'd be a surprise if Offline mode isn't in PSO2. But it might be like a demo for Online.
    Hm.. while we're at it, why not Offline multi-mode, Offline battle & Offline challenge too? On second thought.. Nah...
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?