Page 145 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2087

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Mods are active? Then how the hell did that boob topic stay up so long? : /
    Because I didn't report it until the comedy was juiced out. :P

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

So it's your fault? Why would you deprive this forum of such joy?

Would it be hard making one big 3rd party server that PSN, XBL, and PC players can go on? I know FF12 had xbox and pc players, plus it is Sega we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthenicshaady View Post
    Would it be hard making one big 3rd party server that PSN, XBL, and PC players can go on? I know FF12 had xbox and pc players, plus it is Sega we're talking about.
    PSO2 is currently PC only so there is no need for any servers besides the PC one.

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthenicshaady View Post
    Also, it was FF11 that was PC/PS2/XBox360. FF12 wasn't online. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet_Papaya View Post
    Also, it was FF11 that was PC/PS2/XBox360. FF12 wasn't online. Just sayin'.
    Now they're looking into bringing FF11 to PS3/Vita
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post
    Now they're looking into bringing FF11 to PS3/Vita
    you mean FFX right? super excited about that.
    Can't wait to see Rikku in HD
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

So i take it that it is still a very long time till even the beta is out and about retail thats totaly invisible yet. Since they didnt even develop the mags yet. Oh well, keep stunned ehrr tuned i mean.

I do not wish to have separated servers anymore because it kinda turned out like that we had uneven support and i happily would want to end this. Cant have EU/US server going down, not having same support nor same updates such as JP version. SEGA is a japanese company who lacks sufficient reach outside Nippon, thats something which seems a constant case. And then instead of bringing the main version further they kinda started focusing on a new portable version and finally in the long term its not adorable unless people are super hardcore and happily accept any kind of weakness, combined with a general lack of support (but then it still cost you bucks...). Finally half of the people never was able to participate or ended paying for it, since they feelt its not anymore worth it. On Xbox 360 half of the people was already locked out by not having a credit card, especially the younger people. However, i know it very good that the age means very less on how "mature" someone is. Sadly.. i know for example a very young boy i would consider more mature than many very old bastards. (sorry...)

I hope PSO2 is a improvement toward that situation and more focus on the main version, aswell trying to make a combined server which will STAY ONLINE for eternal, and maybe only 7 bucks a month for the whole world (7 seems to be a very successful number), i think that would be very successful. And stop making different prices for different nations, its only upseting people to be treated according to theyr "apparently" possible level of payment-force. Which is just never the case because its worth exactly as much as someone willing to pay for, and many people wasnt willing anymore to be treated unequal and then not even getting the same support, thats a mess which hopefully will be avoided.

For me its almost clear i get JP version at launch, any other version isnt secure. But SEGA should really make a international version and stop separatism, i think its not good for PSO.

Personally. i would maybe even make a different economical shape. I would simply bring out a small game update every year and people will have to buy it (maybe 50 $ each update = like 4-5 $ a month ) , else they wont anymore be able to play online. However, the regular server fee will be completly eliminated, so people simply pay for updates. We will have several times more people and it may in the end result into more success and even sufficient fee. The PSO servers are shaped in a way that they can basically add endless clusters, it would mean its even possible to bring 20 000 people together, even if a single server only would be able to handle 2000. That way PSO will aswell develop itself further and further and be even more joy. However, to make that possible it will need a sufficient amount of users. And ofc the game update have to be downloaded through the account, and can only be activated by downloading it, that way its impossible to have piracy. So people could have a pirated version but it would not be accepted because there was no download entry for the server. So, people can freely crack and move the game around and own many copys of it, it doesnt matter because the account is responsible for making it work, not the game itself. As soon as a update gets older it will be cut in price (but still needed) and every year it will lose 75% value, so it will never be to expensive to get started. Anyway, just saying there is many possible solutions but the current solution is rather outdated and in many terms insufficient.

Besides the Vid is running very unstable for me http://pso2.jp/teaser/swf/movie.swf dunno why, maybe my connection is to slow but the data rate doesnt truly seem any high, its not even 720P quality. Surely the characters seems very sweet designed, which was usualy a strong spot of PSO. But the level design rather looks a bit aged, there is so much more possible with the current state of the art techniques regarding level design. Anyway, PSO isnt all about level design its about atmosphere and how to drag people into it. Aswell gameplay and interface, so many stuff will have a much higher role than the level design itself. Finally it may be dynamic shape and thats surely lot of joy, so its not in need of state of the art graphics for that given matter.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 28, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

I doubt it'll cost only $7 a month. Even PSOBB was higher than that.

My guess is $12-13 per month. $50-60 for a half-year subscription.

This is my wish, not the case of reality. And i tell you, for most people out there, as long as the support and new content doesnt exceed the current condition, paying that much for PSU (and maybe even PSO2) is not any sufficient in the long term and never will. Maybe in Japan it works but not outside. OK XBL seemed pretty sufficient because of its multi national shape and XBL is a good marketing machine, however, for my taste its still to less people around. Usualy the big player pool is at weekend but outside that timeline there is very few around and you end up picking the few friends you may have gotten. Besides, half year subscriptions wasnt possible on XBL (at least not for swiss, maybe US got special rights).

I even had my account automatically charged every single month, and i really hate stuff like that, i should be the one having control about every single charge and how much time i do want to buy in ADVANCE. The way how the stuff was handled is a big mess, nothing else. But there was no other option available for XBL and for my country. I was even unable to cancel my subscription unless i had to make a huge phone call and then i had to answer many stuff they asked. I tell you, that was seriously bothering... it cant work like that its upseting many people. They dare to lock down my credit card data and then its very hard to get it out. But to be fair, that is a MS faliure not SEGA, however, SEGA is just losing control about and i guess they feel bad and start to dislike consoles.

iIt simply doesnt work like that and i hope there are some changes. My view is, either they make a F2P concept, or they make lower monthly fee but more of new content (which ofc will cost cash). But ultimately everyone need to get the same support and everyone should be treated equal on any terms. PSO currently is living by the contributions of freaks.. its not anymore reaching the big majority.

If they need a lesson on how monthly fee payment stuff works.. go check EVE online (you dont even need a credit card there, you could use a paysafecard or what else). Or they make a F2P concept, we have a separated topic for. to discuss that stuff. I for sure wont anymore support bad payment concepts, i have had enough of my past XBL experience. As much as i loved PSU but no one can destroy my ideals and clear views.

If they say they cant do it because of to less users, then i clearly would answer, thats not our concern, thats yours, because the users would be several times higher using a more user friendly concept
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 29, 2011 at 08:57 AM.