View Poll Results: What kind of Technique system should PSO2 have?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSO Style (Tech Disk LV 1>30)

22 32.35%
  • PSU Style (Technic leveling and PA EXP)

7 10.29%
  • PSZ Style (Tech Disk LV decides charging Ex. Foie>Rafoie)

3 4.41%
  • An Original Style

35 51.47%
  • I don't care

1 1.47%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up What do you think the technique system should be like in PSO2?

Since the gameplay reveal of PSO2 that displayed some combat for both Hunters and Rangers, I've been speculating how the battle system for Forces will be like. So, take this thread to speculate what could be a good system for the Force class. Will it be the basic level disks and strengthening from PSO? Taking a disk from level 1 and working with it till it maxes out in PSU? Or the technique charging system aka Foie->Rafoie from PSZ? Give your thoughts. And please folks, keep it clean.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I'd like to see them create a new system entirely. I was never l that fond of the "finding disks" system, but PSU's lvling took way too long to get anywhere productive. I did like PSZ's combat system for techs (i.e. charging for different techs).

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with something similar to PSZ, but as we're not limited by the lack of buttons, maybe just make it a charge system for the tech, so the longer you hold them the bigger the blast/more dmg. Whereas if you just press it quick you fire off a fast weaker tech.

I feel this system would work well in the faster based game play.

Don't really know how I'd like to see the leveling system for them, but I would love to see the return of not having to link them to a weapon. I was never fond of that feature in PSU, also I'd like to see better visual progression per level as opposed to every 10. I miss that.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Poll is up and running. Give that a once over and support your view.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Combing both Finding "Disks" and "Leveling" them.

So you'll be able to use what you like and then if you feel like using something else there's a chance you'll won't have to be spamming it until it's on par to the rest of your stuff.

Or maybe find different attacks? Dunno just throwing that out there but maybe just something to add a "wow" factor and a sense of accomplishment when finding/leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    I'd like to see them create a new system entirely. I was never l that fond of the "finding disks" system, but PSU's lvling took way too long to get anywhere productive. I did like PSZ's combat system for techs (i.e. charging for different techs).

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with something similar to PSZ, but as we're not limited by the lack of buttons, maybe just make it a charge system for the tech, so the longer you hold them the bigger the blast/more dmg. Whereas if you just press it quick you fire off a fast weaker tech.

I feel this system would work well in the faster based game play.

Don't really know how I'd like to see the leveling system for them, but I would love to see the return of not having to link them to a weapon. I was never fond of that feature in PSU, also I'd like to see better visual progression per level as opposed to every 10. I miss that.
    I agree, though I've never played PSU, so I can't say the PSU tech system was good or not.

I voted for an original system... Not entirely sure what I'd want, but I think if they made a mixture of two past systems they could come up with something pretty cool

Hopfully they adjust it so going for elemental weaknesses actually rewards players this time around. I'd really like to see an emphasis of this at least on some level.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think something that'd match the fast paced action of the other two classes, without making forces too corney would be fine. hopefully something similar to tech mags and off hand casting returns like PSO and PSZ though. I hated the way most of the rods and staffs looked in past games.

As for the leveling and aquiring of techs, hopefully they'd do something interesting and challeging at the same time. I didn't mind PSZ's and PSO's way of doing things, but PSU's was monotonous. I'm hoping there will be something that will take effort without it feeling unnecessarily like a second job, but without simply relying on luck or what's in the shop either.

Maybe some techs you have to do something special to acquire, then you have to work to make them stronger, THEN you have to use them in combination with other techs to use their full powers...I danno, my imagination falls flat on magic related things, ironically. Just make sure it's flashy at end game.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post

Maybe some techs you have to do something special to acquire, then you have to work to make them stronger, THEN you have to use them in combination with other techs to use their full powers...I danno, my imagination falls flat on magic related things, ironically. Just make sure it's flashy at end game.
    That sort of sounds like how the Tales series (or from what I've seen, Symphonia and Abyss) does with their magic, where you start out with some basic spells, but as you use them, you unlock stronger variations as well as combining them to create even more spells.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."