Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Any recommended gaming laptops that you guys might suggest? I do not have a computer & would rather use a laptop if this game does in fact come West.

Default PSO2 gaming laptops/pcs

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Any recommended gaming laptops that you guys might suggest? I do not have a computer & would rather use a laptop if this game does in fact come West.
    http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...l_id=xps-l702x It's a high chance I'm getting this one,I seen this laptop play Crysis 2 on max setting's,and you know that damn game is like a huge stress test for your pc.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I would not recommend laptops for gaming as they are more expensive and can't be upgraded as the need arises. Plus if a component breaks, like the PMU or or the GPU, you end up spending as much as a new laptop sometimes to get it repaired when you could have replaced a PC component yourself usually for a reasonable amount.

If you insist on a gaming laptop though, gimme a budget and a screen size and I'll see if i can find something rq. I really wouldn't suggest it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blue View Post
    http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...l_id=xps-l702x It's a high chance I'm getting this one,I seen this laptop play Crysis 2 on max setting's,and you know that damn game is like a huge stress test for your pc.
    I don't like dell because they're known to use proprietary components by using odd pin counts and such making it so you have to go through them for repairs and replacements.

I just need a new graphics card and I may be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NIloklives View Post
    I would not recommend laptops for gaming as they are more expensive and can't be upgraded as the need arises. Plus if a component breaks, like the PMU or or the GPU, you end up spending as much as a new laptop sometimes to get it repaired when you could have replaced a PC component yourself usually for a reasonable amount.

If you insist on a gaming laptop though, gimme a budget and a screen size and I'll see if i can find something rq. I really wouldn't suggest it though.

I don't like dell because they're known to use proprietary components by using odd pin counts and such making it so you have to go through them for repairs and replacements.
    I've head good things about this one though,but your right I wouldn't really recommended a dell either,but damn that is one tasty laptop.

I like the laptops for their portability & I will be playing mostly in my living room or at work on lunch. $2k is pushing it since this will be my only PC game.

Other problem with gaming laptops is they burn so much power you're tethered to the wall anyway.

Only reason why I'm getting that one is because World Of Darkness is coming out soon,but what's your budget? Plus I got a PIP checking coming and that's the reason why I'm spending cash like this.That's 2500 right there.but I'm not spending all of that on the laptop though.

I'm not a computer wiz and may sound like a moron but...

With a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz, would it be any good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230027 I would put this over the Dell. It's a little cheaper. it's got a smaller HDD(technically the dell has two HDDs hope to god they're not RAIDed), and a slightly smaller screen, but the video card is significantly better and I feel that asus is a much better company.

The dell is a good deal and and all when you look at what's inside. it's pretty loaded up and they're taking nearly 500 off the price. I just don't like dell for the reasons I stated before. If you're ok with the company, it's not really my place to stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    I'm not a computer wiz and may sound like a moron but...

With a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz, would it be any good?
    Based on the alpha, it'll do the job. The system reqs may change between now and then though. I assume you have nothing but onboard video.
    Last edited by Niloklives; May 4, 2011 at 06:58 AM.