Page 182 of 197 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1968

Yeah. Anti-aliasing and high shaders make my work laptop cry, but I get a good 100+ FPS with them turned off. It almost looks like a totally different game with the options turned down. Intel graphics blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    Yeah. Anti-aliasing and high shaders make my work laptop cry, but I get a good 100+ FPS with them turned off. It almost looks like a totally different game with the options turned down. Intel graphics blow.
    lol, that really does suck, but try playing on a machine that does fine getting 50 FPS on max setting but only able to render 5 characters in game regardless of shader settings+^_^+ i did finally find a fix, but it requires changing a line in the script (so it doesn't say Intel Family Graphics and instead says the name of my Nvidia GPU), but Sega kindly encrypted all the files for us and if the pros doing the English patch can't figure it out, i don't have any hope+^_^+

Did all of the installing and I changed the settings. When I hit the game begin button, the bar go's for a bit than it stops. Does it mean I can't play it or it can take awhile to start?

The updater is retarded. Just let it run. It'll finish eventually.

Just wanted to confirm that PSO2 works on the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

Computer Specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-FW480J
    Processor Type : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor P7350 @ 2GHz
    Chipset : Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset
    Installed Memory : 6GB PC2-6400 (4GBx1) + (2GBx1)
    Memory Type/Speed : DDR2 SDRAM/800MHz
    Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB 5200RPM
    Graphics Processor : ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4650 with Total Available Graphics Memory of 3820MB (max.)
    Graphics Video RAM : 512MB dedicated Video RAM
    Resolution : 1600 x 900

Also, even though the minimum requirements say Mobility Radeon HD 4670 or higher, the 4650 runs the game beautifully at 60fps (1600x900) with the graphics set to low. The 4650 runs this game spectacularly for such an old GPU.

For reference, the drivers I'm using are pre-release drivers from AMD specifically for use with Windows 8.
    Engineering Sample WDDM v1.1 8.97.10.0

Sony doesn't make this line of laptops anymore, but it looks like the following lines of laptops will support PSO2 fine (ordered by price):

13.3" S: 640GT LE Graphics card. Starts at $899 with the graphics card. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921644870001
    15.5" S: 640GT LE Graphics card. Starts at $929 with the graphics card. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921644870001
    14" E: 7670M Graphics card. Starts at $1129 with the graphics card. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921644870001
    13.1" Z: HD 7670M. Be sure to get the dock (that's where the good graphics card is). This one is expensive at $1899 (!), but it's a real beast of a computer and is lighter than the Macbook Air at less than 2.5 pounds. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921644863998
    Last edited by KoolAidPitcher; Jul 7, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

The game will work and your PC specs are just fine for it the only problem I think it might happen is that the gameguard wont allow you to boot the game since it will detect W8 as an unsupported OS since it's not released already.

My advice is to switch back to windows 7 for the time being to play the game without problems at all.

Good guide! I just wanted to make a minor correction:

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    Note about Windows, 64 bit OSes and RAM:

In 32-bit OSes such as Windows XP, memory addressing is unable to use over 4GB of RAM. What this means is if you have 4GB of RAM and 1GB of VRAM, the system will only see 3GB of RAM. In order to use that last GB or ram you need to use a 64-bit OS such as Windows 7 64-bit. As such all builds I will suggest and all computers you buy from a store will come with Windows 7 64-bit. The downside to a 64-bit OS is that some older devices may not be supported and 16-bit programs (such as very old games) will not run. There are some work-arounds for this so feel free to ask if you're unsure. Basically if the game ran in windows 98 or before, it won't work natively in a 64-bit environment. Plan for this accordingly.

On a side note there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7. Make sure you get the right one.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them within reason. Hope this helps.
    This is only true for consumer versions of Windows. Modern 32-bit linux kernels can support up to 16GB of memory (64GB with the hugemem x86 kernel). see: http://wiki.centos.org/About/Product While it is true that 32-bit computer architectures can only address 4GB of memory, most processors Pentium III or higher support Physical Address Extension and thus, can support up to 64GB of RAM. see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx I've been running 16GB of memory in 32-bit linux environments for a long time !

Also of note, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 are both capable of supporting up to 64GB of memory on 32-bit systems. They, like the hugemem linux kernel use PAE to accomplish this. see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ws_server_2008

It is not easy or recommended to have more than 4GB of addressable memory in a 32-bit environment, but it is possible.
    Last edited by KoolAidPitcher; Jul 7, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neirene View Post
    The game will work and your PC specs are just fine for it the only problem I think it might happen is that the gameguard wont allow you to boot the game since it will detect W8 as an unsupported OS since it's not released already.

My advice is to switch back to windows 7 for the time being to play the game without problems at all.
    As I was saying, Windows 8 works fine. No gameguard issues thus far. If I find anything, I'll report it...

I need to run Windows 8 in order to code in Visual Studio 11. Because I have an MSDN membership, I get Windows for free, so whatever Microsoft releases on MSDN is what I end up using.
    Last edited by KoolAidPitcher; Jul 7, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Because I'm a software developer, I need to be able to virtualize other people's hardware configurations in order to test how my software works in their environment. Sometimes I need to be able to virtualize multiple machines at the same time to see how they are working together. I use this machine mostly for that, but for kicks, let's test how well PSO2 works on a super high-end machine!

Hardware configuration:
    Processor Type: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.2GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P9X79
    Chipset: Intel X79
    Installed Memory : 32GB ( 4GBx8 )
    Memory Type/Speed : DDR3 1600MHz
    Hard Drives: Intel 120GB SSD (Speed), Hitachi 4TB HD (Storage), Western Digital 3TB (LZMA compressed backup).
    Graphics Processor: Geforce GTX 570 with Total Available Graphics Memory of 4094MB (max.)
    Graphics Video RAM : 1279MB GDDR5 dedicated Video RAM
    Resolution: 1920x1080

This computer wasn't really built for gaming, but it works well as a gaming computer due to it's horsepower. It runs PSO2 at 1920x1080 and max graphics with no stutters or framerate issues. I turned off the blur effect because I found it annoying, but if you like blur, you can keep it on in this configuration and it will not make a difference.

These are my PSO2 settings:

Draw = {
    ShaderQuality = true,
    Shadow = {
    Quality = "high",
    },
    Display = {
    ShadowQuality = 5,
    ReflectionQuality = 5,
    DitailModelNum = 100,
    },
    Function = {
    Blur = false,
    LightGeoGraphy = true,
    Reflection = true,
    LightShaft = true,
    SoftParticle = true,
    Bloom = true,
    Depth = true,
    LightEffect = true,
    AntiAliasing = true,
    },
    TextureResolution = 2,
    },
    Screenshots in this and the next two posts.
    Last edited by KoolAidPitcher; Jul 7, 2012 at 09:54 PM.