Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Just get a new graphics card, end of story, god. As long as your processor is over 2 Ghz you shouldn't need much else to play this game on normal settings.

All this other shit is just extra, unless you're using a computer from 2005 or something, in which case you're overdue for an upgrade anyway. Almost anything you buy that's meant for something more than word processing should run this game. They already mentioned that the game is more focused on accessibility than graphics, so all this shit about dual GPUs and CPU overclocking is, to me anyway, somewhat irrelevant.

thats pretty much what has been said. most of the conversation has been "will my laptop work" "what should I get?" but i guess you're too good to read anything now, right Remius?

Too good? Ha ha, no, im just wondering why people are arguing over something that really doesn't even matter that much. I think this thread is awesome n stuff, but it's not like we're trying to build a Crysis rig or anything. I do think the "build a nuke" computer thread is quite enlightening, though.

well yeah I just list some options for gaming rigs. and a video card and PSU for people who can just upgrade.

I don't have a bare minimum rig posted yet cause it'd be pretty dumb to have someone go out and buy the parts to run a game when the final specs are unknown. so rather than do that I post some different ideas for builds that are guaranteed to run the game and I'll do something cheap to run the game later when we have all the facts. it just seems really stupid to try to tell someone that if they can play the alpha, they can play the game upon release.

The arguments have been from people who think the mobile GPU is as good as a desktop GPU which isn't as good as a 7800gt anyway and from people who have no idea how to build a computer or how important it is to get a good PSU and are willing to spend way too much money on something that isn't that good.

The $2500 build I did was cause someone...I think Kimil; asked what it would cost to build a balls-out rig. so I posted that one. honestly I wanted to wait til we got the final specs before I posted this thread to begin with, but I started to see a few threads spring up and I wanted to post something that I could have on the front page that I could edit so people would see everything at the top so people didn't start asking the same question of if their macbook could run the game five hundred times.

Then people like josh showed up telling people they needed soldering irons and bluray drives and that windows only supported 4GB of ram and I nearly lost my shit.
    Last edited by Niloklives; May 7, 2011 at 10:27 PM.

I'm looking into integrated solutions for people who don't want to mess with graphics cards, and psu's (mostly myself).

As far as desktops go:
    It looks like the llano A-8 gets about the same 3Dmark vantage score as the i7 2600K. The A6 looks to be about the same as the i5 2500k and the A4 is probably going to trail behind the i3 2105. So it looks like as far as benchmarks go Sandy Bridge and Llano are tied. But llano has direct X 11 and more processing power for graphics and a lower price, so the A8 might be a good cheap solution for a pre-built machine for new pc players (depending on the final specs).

For notebooks:
    Llano is also coming out in mobile form, but that will probably be released at coputex. I'm still really interested in ivy bridge. It turns out intel and nVidia made a deal, so that Intel could use nVidia's integrated graphics patents. nVidia in turn, got some x86 patents and are using them to make the tegra processor. It looks like intel is increasing the number of EU's in the internal graphics from 12 to 16 or 24. So As far as notebooks go, there could be some thin and light ones that will run PSO2 on low settings at decent frame rates.

Are you saying you think a 2600k would run PSO2 on integrated graphics?

Those intel solutions would be out til next year those sadly. iirc the intel HD 3000 or w/e was around the level of a 5450. That isn't going to cut it. not sure the CPU alone wouldn't get completely bogged down even if it IS a 2600k. maybe I'm overthinking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I'm looking into integrated solutions for people who don't want to mess with graphics cards, and psu's (mostly myself).

As far as desktops go:
    It looks like the llano A-8 gets about the same 3Dmark vantage score as the i7 2600K. The A6 looks to be about the same as the i5 2500k and the A4 is probably going to trail behind the i3 2105. So it looks like as far as benchmarks go Sandy Bridge and Llano are tied. But llano has direct X 11 and more processing power for graphics and a lower price, so the A8 might be a good cheap solution for a pre-built machine for new pc players (depending on the final specs).
    Checking the chart you posted the other time, the Core i7 2600K 3DMark score is only around less than 5% higher than the A4 3DMark score, the A6 3DMark score is around 20% or so higher than the i7, and the A8 score is around 40% higher or so.
    So no, it's not the A8 that has about the same 3DMark score as the i7 2600K, but it's the A4 that has a nearly similar score.

Spoiler!

Note that in that chart the 2 colours in the bars are for different benchmarks, with green/darker blue being PCMark Vantage, and red/lighter blue being 3DMark Vantage.
    PCMark and 3DMark are 2 different benchmarks.

Another thing, the HD3000 is considerably weaker than the 7800GT, I really doubt it'll be able to run PSO2.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I thought so. X_x Thanks Ezo, I thought I was going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    I thought so. X_x Thanks Ezo, I thought I was going crazy.
    Doing a quick check, looks like the HD3000 is able to run Battlefield Bad Company 2 (which has similar minimum requirements to PSO2 alpha) with barely playable framerates, which is really surprising:
    Spoiler!

But I still wouldn't recommend it.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    All this other shit is just extra, unless you're using a computer from 2005 or something
    I resent that my i built my desktop in 2004 and i can play games like dragon age at almost full graphic support. Other then new graphics card and ram added in 2005 its still original hardware <.<

Well dragon age is a 2009 game and is known for not being very taxing. Even still that's impressive.

@Ezo

Between 30fps not being anything I'd call playable (I've known people to get sick from the slight judders) and the fact that it will require better than a 7800 for sure by the time we get the final release, I'd simply advise against it.