Page 58 of 197 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    Because most of them were console gamers with no understanding of how PC gaming actually is.
    Well seeing that most, if not all, of the US player base played PSO/U on consoles I can see why they might not understand anything about PC gaming. I for one would rather not use a PC for anything but surfing the web or printing something. We have consoles for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Well seeing that most, if not all, of the US player base played PSO/U on consoles I can see why they might not understand anything about PC gaming. I for one would rather not use a PC for anything but surfing the web or printing something. We have consoles for gaming.
    PC's also have gamepads you can customize, you know.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Consoles have couches.

Lol people played on consoles though. They didn't think one bit to buy a PC for gaming.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

I still can't help but lol at the people who think they can't use a PC in the same way as a console...

Sure, lugging around a heavy PC case and possibly rearranging your room would be a pain, but If you've got a modern HDTV that has a DVI or HDMI port on it, most likely you can connect it to your PC with the right cables and settings. Get yourself a wireless keyboard, mouse, and controller (or ones with long enough cords, I guess), and you're pretty much set.

I know for a fact that Xbox 360 controllers will work on Windows XP at least, and I'm pretty sure PS3 controllers work too, since they're both USB. You may have to find some proper drivers, but usually that's no big deal.

And on top of that, you can find roms and emulators for old console games...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Consoles have couches.
    *sigh*

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Typing this from my couch, on my new 600 dollar PC (that I've built with only needing help choosing the parts, sure I had to fix one of the parts myself though) that's connected to a 45 inch TV.

And PC gaming isn't all that bad so far.

Well feels no different than playing on my XBOX 360, just that keyboard and mouse, with the optional controller is a lot better to play FPS and 3PS games with.

If my broke dumbass can do it, so can anyone else. It's good to get a new computer anyway, don't make it obvious you only want one for what might be a 40 dollar game.

Anyway, Consoles ARE computers, people are just too damn comfortable with them.

But yeah r00ta, stop trolling, we told you this 47 times already and this was only the beginning of bitching about PC vs Consoles so that means it's already pointless to even bring it up. Besides Consoles are getting their own new Phantasy Star, if anyone still remember that tiny lil bit of info, assuming the game isn't secretly cancelled while no one knows if it's even in development yet.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Dec 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Trolling? I can't be the only one here who uses consoles for gaming and PC's for schoolwork, business & web surfing. I have no desire to hook a PC up to my TV for games that are already out on XBOX or playstation. This has been the only exclusive that ever made me THINK about PC gaming. I'm soooooooo sorry.

I don't agree that you're trolling, but have this artificial segregation in your mind that hooking up a PC to your TV is somehow "wrong" or difficult. It's no more difficult than hooking up a console nowadays. You're free to do things how you want, just don't pretend that consoles have some sort of superiority because you can sit on a couch or use a controller, because you can sit on a couch using a controller with a PC too.

'Course, if I took the minute or so to move my PC into my loft, hook it to my surround sound receiver via HDMI, and grab my wireless mouse/keyboard and Xbox 360 controller, I could not only play my PC games on my couch, but emulate some NES/SNES/Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/PS1/PS2 games without even getting up to change out discs. Hmm, I've actually been itching to fire up some Panzer Dragoon or Jet Set Radio...

Disclaimer: I own consoles, grew up with consoles (along with PCs), and play console games regularly. I am not anti-console. That's not the point.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Petty reasons aside, just play the damn game on the computers you already have, you saw the specs.

And again, we've been through this way too many times already, let's not plague with this useful thread.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.