Default Maybe it's because I'm borderline drunk already, but...

Maybe it's because I'm borderline drunk already, but I want to try some Garlic Wine (as feature on James May's Road Trip). I think it'd go great with some Italian bread and roasted garlic used as a spread.

I also may start substituting wine for milk in my cereal.
    Last edited by Ketchup345; May 24, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

Spoiler!

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Plenty of bottles there, sadly my wine class taught me to distrust anything with Mondavi's name on it (professor was very much in favor of the wines being made to the grower's standards, not Mondavi's/critics).

Besides that one wine, have a spare couch?

I dunno what your professor is on about. That Mondavi stuff is rather good. Those bottles are from 2001, too.

<_<

As a matter of fact, my father is something of a low to mid-level executive at the company which owns Mondavi. I get a great deal of free wine. Sometimes stuff that can't be bought, too.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I need to expand my horizons a bit into the wine category. I've spent time exploring the worlds of all the liquors, and beers just to see a slice of what is out there for each one. But wine, other than having some yellow tail stuff and a few non-alcoholics at family gatherings I haven't gone much into the world of wine. Got any favorites that would satisfy a nose that enjoys merlots and other reds?

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    I need to expand my horizons a bit into the wine category. I've spent time exploring the worlds of all the liquors, and beers just to see a slice of what is out there for each one. But wine, other than having some yellow tail stuff and a few non-alcoholics at family gatherings I haven't gone much into the world of wine. Got any favorites that would satisfy a nose that enjoys merlots and other reds?
    Reds? Sorry, not much of a help there. Nasty white addiction here.
    If I remember correctly, Shiraz/Syrah (same thing) can be good. With reds remember age matters.

Whenever my brother comes out to visit, we drive around Napa or Sonoma county lookin' for wine leads. For him, not me. I'm a cognac man.

Anyway. The last trip we hit up 7 or 8 places. He was quite taken with Anaba's viognier.
    Tax the fucking churches.

I can't claim to have tried any high-class wine, but out of the lower class stuff I have had, I've never liked, both red or white. I prefer vodka and whiskey.

Next to your coffee machine, drinking your coffee

Mmm... I'm a big fan of dry red wines. I don't really know enough about them to recommend any, but I do enjoy a glass with dinner *nod*
    Hey guys, want to see a magic trick? *disappears for a few years*

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    Franciscan has some good stuff at relatively affordable prices. Consider Mondavi or Opus One, if you want to spend some money.