Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Patching issues

Quote Originally Posted by fronebullare View Post
    I always launch the game in windowed. And I've ran it as administrator. I've had both antiviruses completely off as well as my firewall. Are you saying that i should delete the gameguard folder in the psu folder every time i want to play?
    No that's not possible for obvious reasons. I think he was merely stating that having two anti-viruses installed is never a good idea; they override each other's settings. That along with a heap of mambo-jumbo.

If you're really desperate you can always reinstall Windows, but that's if you're REALLY desperate.
    Last edited by Vent; May 31, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Gameguard has a habit of doing really weird shit for absolutely no reason to a select few people, so you unfortunately may not find a solution to this for some time.

In my case, it prevents me from using any and all web-browsers while gameguard is running. I am apparently the only person this has happened to, and it has only happened to me on this one computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Gameguard has a habit of doing really weird shit for absolutely no reason to a select few people, so you unfortunately may not find a solution to this for some time.

In my case, it prevents me from using any and all web-browsers while gameguard is running. I am apparently the only person this has happened to, and it has only happened to me on this one computer.
    I have that issue on my laptop. I used to launch the browser before I started playing as a work around.

The reason I asked about the spyware and scanning is because of the nature of gameguard. I've read that it asks like a rootkit. It could just be something stopping it from running or ending the process.
    If you are pc savvy, you can out your hijackthis log, else I would again recommend a scan with something other than spybot. One tool will not detect everything.

Good luck finding the problem, these are just my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by re View Post
    I have that issue on my laptop. I used to launch the browser before I started playing as a work around.
    If only that worked. It just forcibly crashes the browser the second GG loads.