Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is the latest update on story i have beeen running on my site at the moment:

Last week the Dixon?s group, which includes Curry?s and PC World, stopped buying new GC?s and once they have sold all their stock that will be it. Also all GC games are ?2499 whilst stocks last.

Today I have read in the Sun that Argos are doing a Mega GC deal, ?78.99 for a Gamecube a free and a free memory card.

However as good as this sounds lets hope they are not doing what the Dixon?s group are doing. Or we will have another DC on our hands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BendMeOver on 2003-03-15 11:50 ]</font>

I'm not suprised Dixons and PC world stopped buying them, I mean they had a very poor selection of games (well the ones in my area) and there's better competition like GAME out there who know what they're doing.

I can't see how PSO caused this at all.

-Piro Skies

That's kinda scary... but i don't think nintendo will fall this easily. They still have abunch of tricks up their selves... what might screw them over is if the new pokemon doesn't succeed...

1. PSO can't kill a system, that though that a single game can kill a system is just ridiculous.

2. Nintendo is currently in great shape, they still are outselling X-box units by 50,000, even though this is 50,000 shy of PS2, the leader in the gaming market.

3. Nintendo currently has 560,000 preorders for Zelda Wind Waker, it's a best seller even before it was released. Nintendo allready stated that due to the amount they invested in Zelda, it would tell them where the system will go, Zelda's allready sold well so Nintendo is set.

I don't think PSO could kill off the gamecube. PSO isn't Nintendo's big money making series. Plus I don't think one game could prove the downfall of a system since there are other games that could be way better.

If you were to buy a system and only get one game for the system, would you make PSO that one game? I doubt it, cause most people that would buy a system for one game would want a game that can be picked up and played by anyone at anytime. There is no ONE game that can make or break a system, anyways. If Zelda turned out to be crap, the Mario games were no good, and if Soul Calibur 2 got the shaft; then I'd be concerned about the future of the GC.

Wielder of Divine Might

Metroid Prime and Zelda are not going to let the GC die, and PSO would help more than hurt the good'ole GCN rather than hurt it anyway.

Did I miss something? How is PSO involved in all this?

Wielder of Divine Might

On 2003-03-15 13:55, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    Did I miss something? How is PSO involved in all this?
    Other than it being a sorta newish game to the system, I couldn't really tell myself.

at my local eb and gamestop every time i go into that store i see a kid trading in his GC games for store credit ;3...and i see more GC used games than even Xbox used games...i didnt think it'd turn out like that >_<